PDA

View Full Version : The Gods of Hair Smiteth me... (also introducing myself)

mandeloo
October 16th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Hello! I am mandeloo. I like this place, it's full of awesomesauce. Now onto my thread.

...puts on a serious face...

the flat iron is evil evil EVIL. She tempts you with her promises of shiny beautifully straight hair of silk and then when you least expect it and your 2 year old has decided to toilet paper the entire house while you're trying to use this tool of doom, and you reach down to grab it and you make the mistake of not paying COMPLETE attention it happens...you wrap four fingers of your dominant hand around the evil jaws of this thing and 450 degrees of burning hellfire sear the flesh of your precious digits. AND! as you recoil in pain you have never felt before in your life and begin to sob and fall all over yourself to run your hand under cold water..

you can almost hear it laughing.

I may never go near it again. NEVER!

and hello again!! :cheese:

Lady Verity
October 16th, 2008, 04:51 PM
OUCH.

But at least you didn't drop it in the bath. ;)

jojo
October 16th, 2008, 04:52 PM
LOL! oh the evil flat iron, thank heavens you found us before your poor hair suffered any further!
WELCOME MANDELOO

Indigosails
October 16th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Ouch! I am so sorry that happened to you.

Bronwyn Grace
October 16th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Haha, welcome. :D I have been burned like that many a time, and yet I still (ocasionally!) use flatirons. Bad, I know! It just has to be the Gods of Hair looking down on us and being horrified at the extreme heat we put on our hair. :P

snowbear
October 16th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Welcome to TLHC! I appreciate your wit.

GlassEyes
October 16th, 2008, 06:00 PM
xDDDDD

Sounds painful, yet oh so amusing. Welcome to TLHC.

JessTheMess
October 16th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Yeouch!!! Welcome to the boards!!!

:flower:

susiemw
October 16th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I am so sorry this happened to you!

I remember burning my forehead with a curling iron once and having to walk around with a big burn mark... not nice!

You have my sympathy.

I hope your hand is ok!

Susan

Neoma
October 16th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I like this place, it's full of awesomesauce. mandeloo, you made me smile. See? :D

Welcome to LHC.

May the jaws of the demon :demon: flat iron clamp thy locks nevermore.

Nightshade
October 17th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Welcome to LHC!

You sound as though you may enjoy this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=305332);)

mandeloo
October 18th, 2008, 01:12 PM
For a while there I had a cheerier note, one that involved my fingers nearly being restored to their once lovely state. Then, in one of the boredom moments that sporadically pepper my life I found....

duhnnn duhnn DUUUUHHHNNNNNNNMMM!

a white dot! OH NOOOO not a white dot...ohnoohnoohnoohno.

save me! someone?

burns_erin
October 18th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Oh, I am so sorry this happened to you, but at least your kid did not grab it instead. My neice got ahold of my sister's and that was the point where she stopped using hers.

heeylaa
October 18th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Mmmmmm....... Awesomesauce...... **drool** :yumm: