PDA

View Full Version : You know you're an LHC-er when...

Pages : [1] 2 3

emmadilemma
May 11th, 2016, 09:38 PM
...You're excited for your 21st birthday so you can try a beer rinse on your hair :beerchug: my birthday's not until august but the first thing i'm gonna do is grab some beer and give it a go on my hair! haha! :)

Arctic
May 12th, 2016, 12:52 AM
LOL! Move to Finland, beer rinses are legal from 18 years old :D

#finnish_LHCers_are_privileged

MlleMC
May 12th, 2016, 01:46 PM
LOL! Move to Finland, beer rinses are legal from 18 years old :D

#finnish_LHCers_are_privileged

Canada would be much closer for her though, and the legal age to buy alcohol is 18 or 19 (depending on the provinces). :wink:

AmberJewel
May 12th, 2016, 03:08 PM
When you first join hoping for maybe waist length... and a few years later you are still here posting about the struggles of achieving a thick hemline at "tailbone length" and gaze longingly at those with classic-to-knee hair.

dansyl
May 12th, 2016, 03:09 PM
When you first join hoping for maybe waist length... and a few years later you are still here posting about the struggles of achieving a thick hemline at "tailbone length" and gaze longingly at those with classic-to-knee hair.

I have a feeling this will be me. :wink:

AmberJewel
May 12th, 2016, 06:44 PM
It happens surprisingly often around here. You have been warned!

languagenut
May 12th, 2016, 06:55 PM
One day: "I think my hair might be too long. Maybe it would be cool to have it cut to... maybe... mid-back, for a change."

A Google search, a forum registration, and a few posts later: "Ya know what would be cool? If my hair were long enough that I could sit on it!"

A few weeks later, having still not regained Hip after the last trim: "Hey! I wonder if I could grow my hair down to my knees?"

:p

Sarahlabyrinth
May 12th, 2016, 08:23 PM

This IS me :eyebrows:

Shepherdess
May 12th, 2016, 09:59 PM
This is sooo accurate!! haha! I think the LHC really gets all the inspiration going with all the beautiful long hair lengths and hair care tips! :D

Techmouse
May 12th, 2016, 10:21 PM
When you consider any length beyond waist to be completely acceptable and practical.
When you have asked for advice on one of the threads not related to your hair because someone you know had a hair question that you couldn't answer.
When you see a hair product in the store and think, "So-and-so on LHC said this stuff was really good. Maybe I should try it." And then try it.
When you consider a seven step washing process twice a week to be preferable to daily S&C and blow drying. (WCC LOCC)
When you order a three month supply of your favourite products, because they aren't available in the area you are going to.

pili
May 12th, 2016, 10:51 PM
When you consider any length beyond waist to be completely acceptable and practical.
When you have asked for advice on one of the threads not related to your hair because someone you know had a hair question that you couldn't answer.
When you see a hair product in the store and think, "So-and-so on LHC said this stuff was really good. Maybe I should try it." And then try it.
When you consider a seven step washing process twice a week to be preferable to daily S&C and blow drying. (WCC LOCC)
When you order a three month supply of your favourite products, beycause they aren't available in the area you are going to.

Ding, ding, ding!

pailin
May 12th, 2016, 11:50 PM
When you go away for 2 weeks and take with you 3 bottles of conditioner, hoping to use up all the ones you don't really like- and come home with 3 DIFFERENT bottles, because you found the one you DO like on sale.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 13th, 2016, 12:51 AM
When you go away on holiday and fill half your suitcase with conditioners and hair masques you can't buy at home :p

pailin
May 13th, 2016, 12:57 AM
When you go away on holiday and fill half your suitcase with conditioners and hair masques you can't buy at home :p

I have a list of hair things to try when I'm in the US later this year!

pili
May 13th, 2016, 08:14 AM
...when you travel with a satin pillowcase.

teal
May 13th, 2016, 02:15 PM
When a good number of people around you (as much as you can be "around" anyone online..) have hair as long as or longer than yours, whereas in real life your hair is a good two feet longer than that of anyone you know. :lol:

When "LHC" means Long Hair Forum to you, instead of Large Hadron Collider (CERN) :rollin:

Cg
May 13th, 2016, 03:06 PM
... when your suitcase priority is hair stuff, not clothing.

restless
May 14th, 2016, 04:31 AM
When you (unintentionally) start hair typing random people that happen to be near you.

Hairkay
May 14th, 2016, 06:03 AM
When you start to recognise people based on their hair alone.

Hinza
May 14th, 2016, 06:50 AM
When you start to sleep with silk balaclava in your head hoping it helps hair growing without needs to cut ends.:wannabe:

omega
May 14th, 2016, 08:52 AM
heh heh, that's me!

hayheadsbird
May 14th, 2016, 10:04 AM
When you ask your husband to pick up some shopping and he asks if it's to cook with or for your hair.

I think this might be me too!

DweamGoiL
May 14th, 2016, 10:24 AM
- When you start worrying and preparing for the water you will be washing your hair with at your vacation destination
- When your hairtoy collection is worth more or comparable to your car's current blue book value

Cg
May 14th, 2016, 10:26 AM
When you (unintentionally) start hair typing random people that happen to be near you.

Yes, it becomes involuntary, doesn't it?

Qz
May 14th, 2016, 01:47 PM
When you suddenly realize that all of your favorite programs / movies over the past few years have one common thread... historical backdrops where the actors all have lovely long, long hair, or at the very least really creative braided and complex up-dos!

Complexity
May 14th, 2016, 01:50 PM
When you ask your husband to pick up some shopping and he asks if it's to cook with or for your hair.

This haha. Happened to me this morning!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 14th, 2016, 02:07 PM
When you are making plans to move to another country and you are really hoping the water there will be kind to your hair.

lithostoic
May 14th, 2016, 03:41 PM
When you start noticing strangers' hair.

Mimha
May 14th, 2016, 04:13 PM
When you have more pictures of yourself from behind than from front.

Mimha
May 14th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Oh, and when you don't know how to explain a hair matter to a non English speaking friend because you only know how to explain it in LHC jargon, ha ha ha !

Mimha
May 14th, 2016, 04:38 PM
When you sound like an expert in exotic wood (recognizing at first sight bocote wood from zebra tree, or cocobolo from bubinga and moradillo) just because you have browsed so many e-shops of wooden hair fork manufacturers^^

irodaryne
May 14th, 2016, 11:06 PM
When you find yourself putting a coworkers hair into a disc bun when you point out that her kinky/curly afro textured hair is totally long enough stretched for stick buns and she got really excited about it. And then give her the LHC card that PrincessBob brought to the January meetup.

(we also had a discussion about traction alopecia which is why I brought up stick buns)

omega
May 14th, 2016, 11:14 PM
When you sound like an expert in exotic wood (recognizing at first sight bocote wood from zebra tree, or cocobolo from bubinga and moradillo) just because you have browsed so many e-shops of wooden hair fork manufacturers^^
Funny! I recall how confused I was when ordering exotic woods for hairsticks, flipping back and forth on websites to learn the woods before ordering.

omega
May 14th, 2016, 11:15 PM
...you are seriously considering designing a contraption to keep hair dry during scalp washes.

spirals
May 15th, 2016, 12:58 AM
Putting food in your hair seems reasonable.

Hairkay
May 15th, 2016, 03:14 AM
Putting food in your hair seems reasonable.

Well, I'm guilty :D

TatsuOni
May 15th, 2016, 03:37 AM

When your boyfriend does no longer question the fact that he has to buy stuff like rice for your hair.

TatsuOni
May 15th, 2016, 03:40 AM
When 90% of what you use your camera for is taking hair pictures.

When your friends ask you about hair stuff and you write back a whole novel of information. Most of this fact comes from too many hours here...

Mimha
May 15th, 2016, 05:31 AM
...you are seriously considering designing a contraption to keep hair dry during scalp washes.

Ha ha ha ha ha ! Hopefully random people don't know what happens in our kitchens and bathrooms. Imagine: "No, no folks ! this is not a mental obsessive illness, this is just mere LHCitis !"^^^^^

MasCat
May 15th, 2016, 05:40 AM
When your SO hands you this (the one on the left):
https://thefemina.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/photo-1.jpg
and you think "that's a rather weird hairstick", and it
s only a minute later you realise it's his nib holder for copperplate calligraphy ;)

Hailwidis
May 15th, 2016, 07:18 AM
When you go to a dress-up party and one of your friends has a knobbly bunch of hair held in a half-up by bobby pins, with two chopsticks stuck through it, and you think to yourself: that's not how it's done. Should I offer to do her hair? Nah, she'd probably take it the wrong way.

I really had to hold my mouth shut.

moontree
May 15th, 2016, 08:39 AM
When you end up getting conscripted to help do your friend's hair for her wedding because you are the only one with experience braiding hair, despite having the shortest hair in the room... :run:

Mimha
May 15th, 2016, 09:32 AM
When you go to a dress-up party and one of your friends has a knobbly bunch of hair held in a half-up by bobby pins, with two chopsticks stuck through it, and you think to yourself: that's not how it's done. Should I offer to do her hair? Nah, she'd probably take it the wrong way.

I really had to hold my mouth shut.

Lol. Actually many people don't know that a bun can be held by a stick. They assume you just put it as a decoration, ha ha ha !

My mountain farmer grand-mother used to have her hair bunned all her life. But in her area and at her time, nobody used sticks to hold a bun. The ladies would braid their hair and pin it up or use some cotton or elastic thread to fix it. But I remember that I frequently saw my grand-mother with knitting needles poked in her bun as she was knitting. She used to knit when keeping the cows (so she was standing or walking), and she had the ball of wool in her apron pocket and spare needles planted in her bun. So before I discovered the magic trick with sticks, I probably would have assumed that sticks in a bun would be an easy way to keep your pencil or your needles within reach^^

TheLuckyLurker
May 15th, 2016, 07:39 PM
When, due to preferring to brush and style your hair before dressing, you choose your outfit based on how you want to wear and secure your hair that day. More than once I've rejected a turtleneck that would've been very appropriate for the weather because I wanted to wear a sockbun.

AspenSong
May 15th, 2016, 08:33 PM
You go to a Hibachi restaurant with your long hair best friend and when they do a fire trick and there's huge 2 foot tall flames exploding in front of you, the first thing you do is worry about your hair and look over to your friend to make sure her bun isn't on fire. lol.

Shepherdess
May 16th, 2016, 01:17 AM
When you brew up herbal concoctions and teas, or other mixtures in your kitchen for your hair. :stirpot: The last time that I was trying to make this herbal tea shampoo sort of thing, my family kept saying "she's in the kitchen making hair potions again." :laugh: But really, it sort of does have a magical effect with the hair. ;) :bow:

Lol. Actually many people don't know that a bun can be held by a stick. They assume you just put it as a decoration, ha ha ha !

My mountain farmer grand-mother used to have her hair bunned all her life. But in her area and at her time, nobody used sticks to hold a bun. The ladies would braid their hair and pin it up or use some cotton or elastic thread to fix it. But I remember that I frequently saw my grand-mother with knitting needles poked in her bun as she was knitting. She used to knit when keeping the cows (so she was standing or walking), and she had the ball of wool in her apron pocket and spare needles planted in her bun. So before I discovered the magic trick with sticks, I probably would have assumed that sticks in a bun would be an easy way to keep your pencil or your needles within reach^^
That is really neat!! :D

Groovy Granny
May 16th, 2016, 11:20 AM
You start hunting for wood on your property, collect carving tools to create a kit, and make your own sticks.
My first one front (http://s40.photobucket.com/user/grichardocds/media/lilac_zpsgxq4zoad.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2) and back (http://s40.photobucket.com/user/grichardocds/media/lilac2_zpscjbjk4yp.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1)

luluj
May 16th, 2016, 11:40 AM
You start hunting for wood on your property, collect carving tools to create a kit, and make your own sticks.
My first one front (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=12786&attachmentid=23021) and back (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=12786&attachmentid=23022)

Groovy Granny, I am impressed, your hairstick looks so pretty. :applause

Cg
May 16th, 2016, 11:58 AM
My first one front (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=12786&attachmentid=23021) and back (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=12786&attachmentid=23022)

That turned out great! Congratulations!

Mya
May 16th, 2016, 12:50 PM
But I remember that I frequently saw my grand-mother with knitting needles poked in her bun as she was knitting.

A total classic! Also forgetting your needles/pencils/brushes in your hair! :rolling:

Shepherdess
May 16th, 2016, 12:55 PM
This is so true!!! That is lovely! You did a wonderful job on it! :thumbsup:

Groovy Granny
May 16th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Groovy Granny, I am impressed, your hairstick looks so pretty. :applause

This is so true!!! That is lovely! You did a wonderful job on it! :thumbsup:

Thanks ladies; not bad for the first try :wink:

vampyyri
May 16th, 2016, 01:42 PM
When your hair eats more food than you do between it getting in your food, spilling food on it, and putting "food" in it :lol:

Jennah
May 16th, 2016, 06:13 PM
When you take length pictures and the people in your house say: Oh, the hair pictures! :rolleyes:

When you want to show someone something on the internet and they say: Is it hair?! :tmi:

When you come home after shopping and they ask: Did you buy more hair clips? shudder:

omega
May 16th, 2016, 11:27 PM
...you're thinking about sewing silvery Mylar to the top of your Desert hiking caps and hats to keep some of the heat damage off your hair.

Hairkay
May 17th, 2016, 11:38 AM
Your hair is never long enough even though some people you know say it's long.

Ponymad21
May 17th, 2016, 04:56 PM
You get so excited by the arrival of your first pair of hair sticks you forget about revising :disco:

Complexity
May 17th, 2016, 05:26 PM

This is amazing! Very impressive for your first try! I've been searching for a good stick while out walking the dog, but haven't managed to find one yet.

My newly adopted motto is "So what if I can't afford to buy a hairstick - I'll just make my own!" Easier said than done, apparently :p (I've also been searching for antlers in the bush for the past few years - for the dog - and haven't managed to find any yet. Good thing I'm a patient person lol).

TatsuOni
May 18th, 2016, 04:34 AM
When you're writing in your Swedish blog and can't think of a swedish word to use for what you're trying to explain...

Mimha
May 18th, 2016, 04:51 AM
For me, it was when I got my first Ficcare clip ! :)

Lol. Until then, I had never invested any money in hair stuff in my whole life. And all of a sudden, my hair had become an important part of my person. It was as if I had suddenly realized that I had an unknown treasure on my head. How could I have not enjoyed it so much before ??? My hair was there, on my head, as an evidence. I never paid so much attention of it. And now I could buy precious stuff to embellish it !... A Ficcare clip was for me THE typical LHC hairtoy to get to feel a true LHCer ! :laugh:

Well, time has gone and now I have several Ficcare and plenty of other things (which I prefer^^). But I thank LHC to have made me aware that having long hair was such an enjoyable privilege ! :flower:

Groovy Granny
May 18th, 2016, 10:15 AM
This is amazing! Very impressive for your first try! I've been searching for a good stick while out walking the dog, but haven't managed to find one yet.

My newly adopted motto is "So what if I can't afford to buy a hairstick - I'll just make my own!" Easier said than done, apparently :p (I've also been searching for antlers in the bush for the past few years - for the dog - and haven't managed to find any yet. Good thing I'm a patient person lol).

In 30 years I have yet to find shed antlers (and we have a big deer population here); good luck lol

I found my sticks on the tree/dead but not rotted....or dropped on the ground.

It was intimidating at first...now I can't wait to make more; my head is swimming with ideas, but I'm not sure how much I will pull off though lol

Have you posted in the RAOK Swap (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=124665&page=212)?
Put your name in for a free hair toy.

Shepherdess
May 18th, 2016, 10:23 PM
In 30 years I have yet to find shed antlers (and we have a big deer population here); good luck lol

I found my sticks on the tree/dead but not rotted....or dropped on the ground.

It was intimidating at first...now I can't wait to make more; my head is swimming with ideas, but I'm not sure how much I will pull off though lol

Have you posted in the RAOK Swap (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=124665&page=212)?
Put your name in for a free hair toy.

I have found shed antlers a few times. I think that the only time you will be able to find them is right after they shed them, otherwise the wild critters pick them up pretty fast (porcupines love eating them). I think this is why they can be so hard to find.

spirals
May 19th, 2016, 12:17 AM
(porcupines love eating them)

:bigeyes: I did not just read that. :lala:

Arctic
May 19th, 2016, 12:19 AM
I have found shed antlers a few times. I think that the only time you will be able to find them is right after they shed them, otherwise the wild critters pick them up pretty fast (porcupines love eating them). I think this is why they can be so hard to find.

This is what I have suspected also, and thus I find it interesting when some antler (hair toy) sellers write at their page that Oh I just have a stroll in the woods occasionally and I find all my material there. How could these few people find them all the time when others have never even seen a shed pair. Not pointing fingers at anyone, but it's something I have been wondering.

Shepherdess
May 19th, 2016, 12:49 AM
This is what I have suspected also, and thus I find it interesting when some antler (hair toy) sellers write at their page that Oh I just have a stroll in the woods occasionally and I find all my material there. How could these few people find them all the time when others have never even seen a shed pair. Not pointing fingers at anyone, but it's something I have been wondering.
Oh, that is strange. I have a hard time believing they are honest (if they get a lot of antlers), unless perhaps they are near a deer farm, but still would seem a bit strange even so, since deer only shed them once a year (I think, or at least white tail deer do). If someone is lucky enough to find a shed antler in the wild, it usually will be mostly chewed up unless it fell off very recently. I think you bring up a good point.

Anya15
May 19th, 2016, 02:42 AM
That is lovely, GG! I've been wondering if I can make my own hair forks since sticks and forks are virtually impossible to find in my country. Well i can get sticks, but the options are limited and forks are non existent. I can't buy online from overseas sellers because I can neither afford the price nor the astronomical shipping!
I must learn some carpentry and get hold of some wood :p

Groovy Granny
May 19th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Mice love them too!

Oh, that is strange. I have a hard time believing they are honest (if they get a lot of antlers), unless perhaps they are near a deer farm, but still would seem a bit strange even so, since deer only shed them once a year (I think, or at least white tail deer do). If someone is lucky enough to find a shed antler in the wild, it usually will be mostly chewed up unless it fell off very recently. I think you bring up a good point.

Lauren at BeforeTheEye (etsy) says she has a deer reserve near her that supplies her with shed antlers; or they get them from people who have similar resources.

That is lovely, GG! I've been wondering if I can make my own hair forks since sticks and forks are virtually impossible to find in my country. Well i can get sticks, but the options are limited and forks are non existent. I can't buy online from overseas sellers because I can neither afford the price nor the astronomical shipping!
I must learn some carpentry and get hold of some wood :p

Some of our members also make them from acrylic (carved)...Seeshami and AspenSong.

The sticks don't need to be fancy....just solid and dry/aged.

stachelbeere
May 19th, 2016, 09:49 AM
when you heat up a large pot of Brita-filtered water so that you can wash your hair in it and spare it the super hard, chlorinated water *sigh*

truepeacenik
May 19th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Silk sleeping bag with pillow cover? Check.

... when your suitcase priority is hair stuff, not clothing.
I travel one bag. I'm too impatient and antsy to check luggage. And distrustful.
I still had four hair toys, shampoo bar, conditioner bar, argon oil, comb and a brush.
Contrast to a skirt and five shirts for clothing.
So, check.

Or both. I decant for hair stuff.

- When you start worrying and preparing for the water you will be washing your hair with at your vacation destination
- When your hairtoy collection is worth more or comparable to your car's current blue book value
My car was 50 TT sticks. (Back when $95-$115 was top range). Today, it's half that number at the same price point, fewer at the new prices. Doug is changing my mental currency! (And good on him for getting artisan prices over hobbyist crafter prices)
My full collection, at retail, is close to the current value of the car.

I have a couple antlers found by my partner as he works. He's in tree care, and he keeps a large property near Bolinas, CA, healthy. Both got chewed by squirrels, but there is plenty to carve with. They each lost one tip.

i remember working on a story about a working ranch within a housing development. The foreman's office and a barn were piled with found antlers.

Jo Ann
May 19th, 2016, 05:51 PM
When you walk up to someone with hair longer than yours and compliment them on how pretty it is.

The look on their faces when you tell then you can't WAIT until your hair is as long as their's is priceless...sometimes... ;)

trolleypup
May 19th, 2016, 07:42 PM
When your first instinct when you see this is...LHC!

http://www.trolleypup.info/lhc/lamb-wifi-lhc.jpg

(ps: two of absent LHCer Dianyla's brand new ram lambs)

Groovy Granny
May 19th, 2016, 09:09 PM
Awwww...how sweet :crush:

Angela_Rose
May 19th, 2016, 10:13 PM
When your first instinct when you see this is...LHC!

http://www.trolleypup.info/lhc/lamb-wifi-lhc.jpg

(ps: two of absent LHCer Dianyla's brand new ram lambs)

How is Dianyla doing these days? Miss her.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 19th, 2016, 10:16 PM
So is his name Wi-Fi? :p

trolleypup
May 20th, 2016, 12:00 AM
How is Dianyla doing these days? Miss her.
Doing well, but with the ponies, sheep, kitties and puppies, not much spare time!

So is his name Wi-Fi? :p
Mmhmm

Angela_Rose
May 20th, 2016, 12:11 AM
Doing well, but with the ponies, sheep, kitties and puppies, not much spare time!

Mmhmm

Please tell her I said hello? I came across her LJ account a zillion years ago; she was one of the reasons I stuck around here back in my early days.

Ackvelina
May 20th, 2016, 06:35 AM
When the story of Maria Magdalena washing Jesus feet with precious oils and wiping them with her hair, suddenly gets another meaning. Why would she let those nice oils go to waste, and her hair must have looked really shiny after.

In fact, if we ever get around to form a cult, i suggest we call our self the sisters (and brothers) of Mary Magdalena.

...............better stop rambling now before i really offend someone.......:run:

kuroi
May 20th, 2016, 07:28 AM
When you sometimes forget to do stuff because you're doing s&d and keep finding a split.

Amenahh
May 20th, 2016, 10:10 AM
When you see someone with coppery tones and wonder if it's henna.

Cg
May 20th, 2016, 11:58 AM
When the story of Maria Magdalena washing Jesus feet with precious oils and wiping them with her hair, suddenly gets another meaning. Why would she let those nice oils go to waste, and her hair must have looked really shiny after.

In fact, if we ever get around to form a cult, i suggest we call our self the sisters (and brothers) of Mary Magdalena.

...............better stop rambling now before i really offend someone.......:run:

Not at all -- love the thought!

TatsuOni
June 6th, 2016, 03:04 AM
You can upload a bunch of pictures showing the back of your head and no one thinks that you're weird.

You can spend a lot of time watching beautiful hair photos and no one thinks that you're weird.

I don't think that one can do this outside of the forum without poeople thinking that you're super werid:p

spirals
July 20th, 2016, 12:05 AM
You're watching the Royal Ballet and you are distracted by the ballerina's hair. Then you watch a clip of Romeo and Juliet and find Olivia Hussey's hair enthralling. Who cares about that Romeo guy anyway?

Mimha
July 20th, 2016, 03:36 AM
You're watching the Royal Ballet and you are distracted by the ballerina's hair. Then you watch a clip of Romeo and Juliet and find Olivia Hussey's hair enthralling. Who cares about that Romeo guy anyway?

Ha ha ha ha, looool ! Who cares indeed !! :laugh:

You can upload a bunch of pictures showing the back of your head and no one thinks that you're weird.

You can spend a lot of time watching beautiful hair photos and no one thinks that you're weird.

I don't think that one can do this outside of the forum without poeople thinking that you're super werid:p

But you know TatsuOni, the worst is when you ask YOURSELF if you are not actually weird ! ^^^^

TatsuOni
July 20th, 2016, 04:16 AM
But you know TatsuOni, the worst is when you ask YOURSELF if you are not actually weird ! ^^^^

Nahh, I don't have to ask myself if I'm weird. I'm proud to be super weird!:bow: Better run beofre the people in white clothing finds me...:run:

ephemeri
July 20th, 2016, 05:43 AM
When, every time you're intently browsing the internet, your SO says "you looking at your long hairs?"

Every. Time.

(And the answer is "yes".... Every time...)

:D

Mimha
July 20th, 2016, 05:58 AM
When, every time you're intently browsing the internet, your SO says "you looking at your long hairs?"

Every. Time.

(And the answer is "yes".... Every time...)

:D

Ha ha ha ha ha ! Yesssssss ! ^^^^ You ladies are making me die !! :laugh: :laugh:

nmgdolly
July 20th, 2016, 06:30 AM
That sounds like me. :)

HairPlease
July 20th, 2016, 06:48 AM
When you recognize your internet friends by the back of their heads instead of faces.

Zebra Fish
July 20th, 2016, 07:26 AM
When you are walking down the street and your SO (totaly not into hair) does not notice girls' attributes but notices splits and extensions. And than starts to question himself ;)

spirals
July 20th, 2016, 10:37 AM
^ Now that's a good one! Mine sends me pictures of longhairs via email at least once a week. For inspiration.

TatsuOni
July 20th, 2016, 10:42 AM
When the quickest way for people to make you happy is to compliment your hair:thumbsup:

lithostoic
July 20th, 2016, 11:23 AM
When your camera roll is mainly pictures of the back of your head.

calmyogi
July 20th, 2016, 12:45 PM
When a good number of people around you (as much as you can be "around" anyone online..) have hair as long as or longer than yours, whereas in real life your hair is a good two feet longer than that of anyone you know. :lol:

When "LHC" means Long Hair Forum to you, instead of Large Hadron Collider (CERN) :rollin:

This! I'll say to people that my hair isn't that long, or I'm growing my hair long and they are all "your hair is already pretty long" and I'm sitting here like "no it's not". This use to happen a lot more in California than it does here in TN though. I notice this part of the country has a lot more long hairs.

calmyogi
July 20th, 2016, 12:47 PM

TatsuOni, thank you for making me feel a little less weird today. Lol.

calmyogi
July 20th, 2016, 12:48 PM
When you want to cry because a British nurse you work with just told you she threw away a Mason Pearson she has had for years and you just bought one for almost $100!

calmyogi
July 20th, 2016, 12:50 PM

Bahahahaha!!! I didn't start reading the bible until after I was a member here and I def applied LHC thoughts to that story as well.

vampyyri
July 20th, 2016, 12:53 PM
When you spend more time on LHC than working... when you're at work :whistle:

lapis_lazuli
July 20th, 2016, 01:10 PM
When you can't wear helmets because you're always wearing buns :doh::bluebiggr

Cg
July 20th, 2016, 02:18 PM
When you spend more time on LHC than working... when you're at work :whistle:

I want a job like yours.

Lullilt
July 20th, 2016, 02:27 PM
When you consider cutting or coloring and have to hop on LHC to remind yourself that you're on a mission!
When you complimented your coworkers hairline when she wore her hair up.
When another coworker decided to take the big chop and go all natural and you want SO BADLY to spill all the mystical secrets of LHC and that there's a whole WORLD out there of stuff she can learn...but you also don't want to be weird so you say nothing instead...

calmyogi
July 20th, 2016, 04:14 PM
I talk about this place. A lot of people now days are part of a forum or group of some kind on Facebook or whatever so I just mention it in a no big deal way. Idk

Garnetgem
July 20th, 2016, 04:57 PM
You start to read labels on shampoos checking the ingredients..yeah something i never did before now am getting to learn what they are and if a friend buys shampoo when i am with her i mention them and she is like "i don't know what your on about" oops i have LHC written all over me!

vampyyri
July 20th, 2016, 05:31 PM
I talk about this place. A lot of people now days are part of a forum or group of some kind on Facebook or whatever so I just mention it in a no big deal way. Idk

Me too! I'm always talking to my friends about hair, and I'll always be like "I saw on LHC...." :lol:

I would bring them over to here, but they're not really the type to grow their hair out. Ah well, more hair for me :twisted:

ephemeri
July 20th, 2016, 05:46 PM
When another coworker decided to take the big chop and go all natural and you want SO BADLY to spill all the mystical secrets of LHC and that there's a whole WORLD out there of stuff she can learn...but you also don't want to be weird so you say nothing instead...

I feel this. A LOT. I want to talk to people about hair all the time IRL but I'm afraid of annoying/overwhelming/boring people.

Well at least we have LHC! :joy:

HoD
July 20th, 2016, 08:06 PM
Sorry if someone's said this already, I've only read about half way through... but when you get to scenic place and think 'this would be a great place for a hair photo!'

Mimha
July 21st, 2016, 04:46 AM
... when you don't know how to express things in your mother tongue because you've learned them in English, and you just stop like "how can I explain this in French/German/whatever so it doesn't sound totally weird ???"

TatsuOni
July 21st, 2016, 06:09 AM
... when you don't know how to express things in your mother tongue because you've learned them in English, and you just stop like "how can I explain this in French/German/whatever so it doesn't sound totally weird ???"

Or when you're starting to think that there's flaws in the language you speak since som words like hemline doesn't exist.

It's sounds so stupid to just say that "I'm cutting my hair straight" or "I prefer my hair cut straight". Straight as in not uneven? We should import some words:p

Tosca
July 21st, 2016, 06:15 AM
Hemline is also the name for the bottom of a skirt/pants. For example a skirt could have a short or long hemline, or a straight or scalloped hemline.

TatsuOni
July 21st, 2016, 06:21 AM
Hemline is also the name for the bottom of a skirt/pants. For example a skirt could have a short or long hemline, or a straight or scalloped hemline.

I didn't know that:)

We do have a word for that when it comes to clothes, but not for hair.

Tosca
July 21st, 2016, 06:33 AM
I've only seen hemline used for hair on these forums. Usually it is just for clothes. I'm sure a hairdresser would understand what you mean, especially if you explain it to them. You could also try 'straight across' to explain what you mean.

TatsuOni
July 21st, 2016, 06:40 AM
I've only seen hemline used for hair on these forums. Usually it is just for clothes. I'm sure a hairdresser would understand what you mean, especially if you explain it to them. You could also try 'straight across' to explain what you mean.

I cut my own hair, so it's more when I'm trying to explain my hair preferences to people:) Or ask about theirs:p

triumphator!
July 21st, 2016, 07:25 AM
Husband scolded me for bobby pins, hair ties, and "bottles of goop" all over the place. :D

TheLuckyLurker
July 21st, 2016, 08:44 PM
When you almost miss your stop because you're so busy staring at the hair of the person sitting in front of you on the bus that you don't notice where you are!

calmyogi
July 21st, 2016, 08:59 PM
You buy your friend a tangle teezer for her birthday.

pailin
July 21st, 2016, 09:02 PM

Yes I'm pretty sure we'd get confusion by talking about hemlines in relation to hair with most muggles. I think it's really a secret language :)

pailin
July 21st, 2016, 09:04 PM
You start to read labels on shampoos checking the ingredients..yeah something i never did before now am getting to learn what they are and if a friend buys shampoo when i am with her i mention them and she is like "i don't know what your on about" oops i have LHC written all over me!

Believe it or not, I actually did thus long before lhc... :couch:

TatsuOni
July 22nd, 2016, 02:36 AM
Yes I'm pretty sure we'd get confusion by talking about hemlines in relation to hair with most muggles. I think it's really a secret language :)

Howe does muggles get by without using our great words and classifications?:run: How can they describe their hair if the don't even know if it's fine or course or 2b or 1a?:alien:

pailin
July 22nd, 2016, 03:06 AM
Howe does muggles get by without using our great words and classifications?:run: How can they describe their hair if the don't even know if it's fine or course or 2b or 1a?:alien:

I think that's why we see so much short hair and buns held with hairties ;)

TatsuOni
July 22nd, 2016, 03:10 AM
I think that's why we see so much short hair and buns held with hairties ;)

Yeah, they're strange thoose mugglers;)

pailin
July 22nd, 2016, 03:28 AM
Yeah, they're strange thoose mugglers;)

So uncomfortable

vampyyri
July 30th, 2016, 09:48 AM
When you're trying to recruit your irl friends to join here so you can spread the knowledge!

pailin
July 31st, 2016, 02:19 AM
You realize practically everything you've been putting in your hair lately comes from the bakery supply store. Except the lye that went into the shampoo bar... And one thing from the petshop...​

restless
July 31st, 2016, 02:44 AM
You realize practically everything you've been putting in your hair lately comes from the bakery supply store. Except the lye that went into the shampoo bar... And one thing from the petshop...​

Hair purchase from the pet shop? :hmm: Please, tell us more.

pailin
July 31st, 2016, 04:17 AM
Catnip for rinses :)

restless
July 31st, 2016, 05:52 AM
Lol oh, of course. Catnip :D

Miss P
July 31st, 2016, 08:32 AM
When you start favouriting hair sticks and other implements...despite only having chin length hair

AmberJewel
July 31st, 2016, 08:31 PM
When, after a long day at work, you open your laptop and simply type "L" into the address bar and the address for the Mane Forum comes up, so you simply hit "Enter". Then you spend the rest of the evening browsing hair stuff and ranting about life in general on the "off-topic" forums.

sumirechan
July 31st, 2016, 10:57 PM
...checking the LHC forums is the first thing you do once you get up in the morning. :bigtongue:

sumirechan
July 31st, 2016, 10:58 PM
When, after a long day at work, you open your laptop and simply type "L" into the address bar and the address for the Mane Forum comes up, so you simply hit "Enter". Then you spend the rest of the evening browsing hair stuff and ranting about life in general on the "off-topic" forums.
Agree! This is so me, also! :D

TatsuOni
August 2nd, 2016, 05:03 AM

Definitely!

When it's also the first thing you do when you've starded the computer.

TatsuOni
August 2nd, 2016, 05:33 AM
When one of your customers who's always fascinated by your hairtoys says that wearing hairsticks is very uncommon and you almost want to explain about the place where it's not (LHC) but doubts that he will be interested. But on the other hand, he is faschinated by old and odd stuff so I might give him a lesson about hairtoys some time instead of him talking about old bicycles :laugh:

pailin
August 2nd, 2016, 07:53 AM
When autocorrect suggests 'ellingwoman'

vampyyri
August 2nd, 2016, 08:53 AM

It's the first thing that pops up when I'm at work too... :oops:

...checking the LHC forums is the first thing you do once you get up in the morning. :bigtongue:

I actually save checking it until I'm into work... you know, to keep the excitement level up there xD

hayheadsbird
August 2nd, 2016, 12:51 PM
When you're trying to recruit your irl friends to join here so you can spread the knowledge!

Or you wonder how weird it would be to post pictures of the buns you've done in their hair, because it's longer than yours and you can do more with it!

poli
August 30th, 2016, 06:25 AM
When you watch a Thor movie and wonder how come psychopath elf aliens have such braiding skills and how did they find the time to do double dutch braids/fishtail combo while fighting Asgardians all the time.

Hairkay
August 30th, 2016, 06:34 AM
When you watch a Thor movie and wonder how come psychopath elf aliens have such braiding skills and how did they find the time to do double dutch braids/fishtail combo while fighting Asgardians all the time.

Add to that how come they can manage to fight and not accidentally give themselves a hair cut or have their enemy grab them by the hair. You'd have thought they'd keep the hair in a bun and left all the free flowing fancy styles for leisure.

vampyyri
August 31st, 2016, 07:29 AM
When you feel like you should be carrying business cards for this website because you talk about it so much :lol:

HairPlease
August 31st, 2016, 11:51 AM
When every time you see a nice head of hair, you wonder if they're on here, or at least lurk here. :laugh: I'm probably not the first person to say that on this thread.

irodaryne
August 31st, 2016, 12:18 PM
When you feel like you should be carrying business cards for this website because you talk about it so much :lol:

When you are carring business cards for the site and have given them out to people. (Thanks, PBob!)

vampyyri
August 31st, 2016, 12:24 PM
When you are carring business cards for the site and have given them out to people. (Thanks, PBob!)

:lol: that's awesome! That makes me tempted to make some as well (I'm a graphic designer) and ship them out to fellow LHCers to distribute! Spread the growth/love!

irodaryne
August 31st, 2016, 12:34 PM
:lol: that's awesome! That makes me tempted to make some as well (I'm a graphic designer) and ship them out to fellow LHCers to distribute! Spread the growth/love!

PrincessBob usually brings stacks of them to hand out at meetups, and I still have some from the January Portland meet.

I definitely agree, we should all have business cards. :wink:

TatsuOni
September 2nd, 2016, 10:31 AM

When you're thinking about it in almost every action movie you see and get schocked by the fact that not EVERYONE thinks about it! :laugh:

Mavi
September 3rd, 2016, 03:02 PM

When you're thinking about it in almost every action movie you see and get schocked by the fact that not EVERYONE thinks about it! :laugh:

The dwarves from The Hobbit. I struggle with their hairstyles every time :p

Alissalocks
September 3rd, 2016, 03:13 PM
It was the five stranded braids in Willow that spoke to me!

I knew I was becoming an LHCer when I started reading ingredient labels on my hair products for the first time ever. In the shower.

Kaya
September 15th, 2016, 01:26 PM
When you share this on your FB page and then decide to share it on the forum...:D

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/14344067_1180079502015278_3219474466982483994_n.jp g?oh=d75898314b46c71eda93cff7254d550d&oe=587251AF

animetor7
September 15th, 2016, 02:35 PM
When you just laugh when commercials claim that they can "repair" years of damage in one wash. Ha!

Stub
September 15th, 2016, 02:49 PM
When you follow behind strangers in the grocery store or wherever and find yourself estimating how far they have to go to their next milestone length.

Garnetgem
September 15th, 2016, 04:54 PM
When you follow behind strangers in the grocery store or wherever and find yourself estimating how far they have to go to their next milestone length.

Like this lol :) i am slowly getting this obsessive!

Garnetgem
September 15th, 2016, 04:55 PM
When buying a new pillow takes a few hours as of course we need to read what materials goes into them in case of damage!

Garnetgem
September 15th, 2016, 05:01 PM
When you write a hair journal i now write down in a note pad(one bought special for this)when i wash my hair whats the water temp and what shampoo i use...useful to me as i can look back to see what was used when and how my hair reacted...honestly whats happening to me lol writing a hair journal since the past 5 months!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 15th, 2016, 05:09 PM
...When you make a hair growth chart to document the speed of growth and how it compares with the regular half inch per month... It was an interesting experiment. Sometimes I grew more than the half inch and sometimes less, but mostly it was a half inch a month. I've stopped keeping the chart now I have reached Classic but will still do a monthly measure because it's a little pleasure to anticipate every few weeks.

hayheadsbird
September 16th, 2016, 10:07 AM
When you write a hair journal i now write down in a note pad(one bought special for this)when i wash my hair whats the water temp and what shampoo i use...useful to me as i can look back to see what was used when and how my hair reacted...honestly whats happening to me lol writing a hair journal since the past 5 months!
I do this!
I also note down some skincare bits as well, as I tend to use different lotions and potions in my face the days I wash my hair 😂 Let's me keep track of when I last did which treatment!

lora410
September 16th, 2016, 10:20 AM
When you buy hairtoys bigger then you can currently use because you will "grow into them

coco mane
September 19th, 2016, 09:57 PM
When you travel by plane on vacation and try to figure out how many small 3ounce bottles of conditioner you will need to get you through two weeks!

Garnetgem
September 20th, 2016, 02:21 AM
When you lose a single strand and you don't throw it but do a strand test by seeing if it stretches when wet...the habits i have picked up since joining here!

TatsuOni
September 21st, 2016, 07:53 AM
You're looking at clothes and instead of thinking that this shirt would reach the end of my butt, you're thinking that this shirt it "classic lenght".

hobbitlocks
September 22nd, 2016, 04:30 PM
When deciding what to do with a small bit of unexpected money, both your best friend and boyfriend say "you're going to buy hair sticks, right?"

... and they're right.

ephemeri
September 22nd, 2016, 06:21 PM
You're looking at clothes and instead of thinking that this shirt would reach the end of my butt, you're thinking that this shirt it "classic lenght".

:spitting:
Bahahahahahaaaa! I love it.

vampyyri
September 22nd, 2016, 06:24 PM
When you match your hair toys to your outfit instead of the other way around :lol:

TheLuckyLurker
September 22nd, 2016, 08:55 PM
When you choose your outfit based on your hairstyle, not the other way around (e.g. 'I want to wear it down, so I'll need a silk shirt', 'I'm wearing bun, so that wool sweater will work today')

animetor7
September 22nd, 2016, 09:32 PM
When washing your hair every day sounds like so much work, especially if heat styling follow, and you wonder how your high school self put up with it.

Greenfire
September 22nd, 2016, 11:09 PM
When every month the hairstyle of the month comes out, and you obsessively run back through the list to do the ones you couldn't do month's past because your hair wasn't long enough.

When you can do more types of braids than you have fingers on your hand.

When clicking a link on the forum is only something you do when you have no other obligations, because you just know that video will have another interesting one to watch that also has another interesting one, and the next thing you know, you've put your hair into a prehistoric braid just because someone linked a video to something! (actually more than likely several braids and twists)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
September 23rd, 2016, 01:08 AM
When you write down what you did as a pre-wash, wash, post wash and style. Next write all the ingredients you used and make sure you date it and note your results

Kajzh
September 24th, 2016, 11:35 AM
When you just laugh when commercials claim that they can "repair" years of damage in one wash. Ha!

Right? 😂

I think you just know you're an LHCer when you're skeptical of ALL "magical" hair treatments.

lora410
September 24th, 2016, 12:14 PM
when you see an interesting wood grain, say on a door etc and think... that would make an awesome fork or stick :bounce:

lora410
September 24th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Right? 😂

I think you just know you're an LHCer when you're skeptical of ALL "magical" hair treatments.

BINGO... sad how us consumers are lied to by the big companies :tbear:

Garnetgem
October 3rd, 2016, 03:57 PM
When your friend tells you what she had for tea last night and first thing i say to her is "Oh that makes hair grow" she looks at me like a am crazy!

irodaryne
October 22nd, 2016, 06:01 PM
When one of your managers at work says over the radio "Do we have any white dots? Can I get some white dots?" and you nearly have a heart attack because why would you want those?

And then you realize that's not what he meant.

gypsycolleen
October 22nd, 2016, 08:57 PM
When you stumble on this site, and think "Where have you been my whole life!?"

Groovy Granny
October 22nd, 2016, 09:07 PM
When....You realize it is time to start thinking of protective moves for your hair when people go to hug you and your hair is down.

My hair was in a half up today, when a person I hadn't seen in a long time complimented my hair, then rushed in for the hug.
She caught my hair in the back and pulled it hard; it really took me off guard.
I was happy for her comment about how long it has gotten, but it bothered me to have that feeling when it was pulled :o

I have had this odd concern lately anyway about having someone touch my hair, remove a hair stick etc ....and have no clue why this fear is surfacing :shrug:

TatsuOni
October 23rd, 2016, 04:12 AM
When you see a car with the plate "BCL" and you do not think bcl but your first thought is "but crack lenght". Your second thought is "what the f*** on a car would reach bcl!?" Your third thought is "where is the cars but?"

Kaya
October 23rd, 2016, 05:00 AM
When you bemoan that you have to come back home after holiday, not just because said holiday was magical, but also because you were washing you hair in pure mountain spring water and your hair was really happy. :cloud9:To go from pure mountain spring water back to hard water is very sad...

TatsuOni
October 28th, 2016, 08:37 AM
When you and your friend goes in to a lot of stores and end up comparing and analyzing different types of elastics, scrunchies and so on... It's important to find the best option for braids:p

languagenut
November 1st, 2016, 10:58 PM

When I type "L", I get lernu.net (a site about Esperanto). Guess my priorities must be off! :p

Seratopia
November 2nd, 2016, 01:52 AM
Stalking an etsy seller's page, watching the other custom orders going out, wondering when you're next!

..I'm the only one doing this aren't I?? :uhh:

TatsuOni
November 2nd, 2016, 02:07 AM
When you after many years give and get facebook to do commercial for your company and while looking for a profile picture, you realize that all of your more recent photos are of the back of your head...

Mimha
November 2nd, 2016, 06:07 AM
When you buy ANOTHER hair comb when you already have many more than ten people could worn off in their whole lifetime, just because you LOVE hair combs and looking at them makes you happy. :p

Just got an awesome huge hand made wide tooth horn comb from Etsy, guys !.... Completely resanded it myself with my Dremel (:silly:) : it's like butter in my hair and so soft on my scalp ! :cloud9: :cloud9:

Garnetgem
November 2nd, 2016, 07:17 AM
When you go through all your hair brushes and combs and realise you own more than a store does...now thats hair dedication! i have well over a 100 mainly bought as i liked the styles and colours and not because they were needed...

Katia_k
November 2nd, 2016, 08:10 AM
When the hair stylist is trying to 'educate' you about haircare and you're like "lady please I know you've been to school but I have so got this stop telling me to trim every month and no my hair does not like coconut oil and yes I have heard of this very famous brand of sulfate-free stuff but thanks."

When you make your friends sad by buying avocados you have no intention of eating.

...When you get to work and read this thread instead of, you know, doing work.

TatsuOni
November 8th, 2016, 04:54 AM
When you type in "f" and the first thing that comes up isn't facebook but forums.longhaircommunity.

vampyyri
November 8th, 2016, 07:22 AM
When the hair stylist is trying to 'educate' you about haircare and you're like "lady please I know you've been to school but I have so got this stop telling me to trim every month and no my hair does not like coconut oil and yes I have heard of this very famous brand of sulfate-free stuff but thanks."

When you make your friends sad by buying avocados you have no intention of eating.

...When you get to work and read this thread instead of, you know, doing work.

This is me every day :lol: I swear I spend more time on here at work than I do working... because it's been super slow.

irishsapphire
November 8th, 2016, 08:38 PM
you're shopping and see a good deal, and think "I must post on LHC" only to realize its a clearance and chances are other stores won't have the same items for the same price....

hanne jensen
November 11th, 2016, 01:16 AM
When you post about dusting it has nothing to do with housework.

truepeacenik
November 11th, 2016, 09:42 AM
When you see a car with the plate "BCL" and you do not think bcl but your first thought is "but crack lenght". Your second thought is "what the f*** on a car would reach bcl!?" Your third thought is "where is the cars but?"
Boot Crack Length?
(Trunk in other places, but the letters worked)
And it would be where the boot separates closest to the rear window.

TatsuOni
November 11th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Boot Crack Length?
(Trunk in other places, but the letters worked)
And it would be where the boot separates closest to the rear window.

You know you're en LHC:er when you're trying to make sense of my crazy thoughts :laugh:

vampyyri
November 11th, 2016, 09:15 PM
When you go back and judge photos from your teenage years and your poor hair choices... and also think "this is SL, this is APL... wait why is it back to SL" :lol:

TatsuOni
November 29th, 2016, 09:51 AM
A online store has a sale and you need to replace your bbb. Therefore you spend a lot of time comparing and reading about the different brands.

Strands
November 29th, 2016, 10:04 AM
When your friend tells you what she had for tea last night and first thing i say to her is "Oh that makes hair grow" she looks at me like a am crazy!

What kind of tea was it

Mimha
November 29th, 2016, 03:42 PM
When you read the post here above and first thing you ask is :

What kind of tea was it

:lol: :lol:

spirals
November 30th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Mimha, LOL. It's so true!

TatsuOni
December 2nd, 2016, 03:39 AM
You don't look forward to christmas, but are super exited to recieve you're package with hair stuff. Kinda' like a child at christmas eve... (We celebrate christmas the 24:th in Sweden)

You can't wait to get to work so that you can get it over with, so that you can go home to try your new hair brush. Yeah, you have to be an LHC-er to be really exited about brushing your hair :laugh:

mermaid lullaby
December 2nd, 2016, 08:09 AM
When you are the only one with long hair...does that make me weird?

kinnyuu
December 2nd, 2016, 10:31 AM
6 months til I'm 21 :whip:

Garnetgem
December 2nd, 2016, 06:35 PM
When your pouring your cooking oil in the pan ready to fry food and your first thought is "Wonder if this oil will make a good conditioner in replace of my coconut oil" yes i have thought it and no not tried it!

Katia_k
December 2nd, 2016, 08:28 PM
When there are 3 conditioners on your shelf because one was on sale, and you just...couldn't...resist.

Serimel
December 2nd, 2016, 11:51 PM
Okay, I haven't been here long enough to know what it is to be a LHCer but I have a feeling I'm on the way :D You know you're a LHC newbie when you fall asleep while your laptop still on your lap having spent whole day reading LHC threads, a brand new stick sticking from your head (after playing a dangerous warrior pulling the sword from behind your head preparing to fight while the hair falls down in a super elegant and effortless manner (have to still practice the elegant and effortless)) and having the bathroom sink full of water and shedded hair to make sure of your porosity. Your husband is confused and worried what is going on.

TatsuOni
December 3rd, 2016, 04:48 AM
Okay, I haven't been here long enough to know what it is to be a LHCer but I have a feeling I'm on the way :D You know you're a LHC newbie when you fall asleep while your laptop still on your lap having spent whole day reading LHC threads, a brand new stick sticking from your head (after playing a dangerous warrior pulling the sword from behind your head preparing to fight while the hair falls down in a super elegant and effortless manner (have to still practice the elegant and effortless)) and having the bathroom sink full of water and shedded hair to make sure of your porosity. Your husband is confused and worried what is going on.

Your husband will get used to it eventually :laugh:

ephemeri
December 3rd, 2016, 07:34 AM
When you think to yourself, "Hmm my hair is starting to get somewhat unwieldy" and you realize that makes you happy. :o

Serimel
December 3rd, 2016, 12:47 PM
Your husband will get used to it eventually :laugh:

I really hope he will. I wouldn't want to be in a situation where I have to choose between him and my hair. :D

TatsuOni
December 4th, 2016, 03:09 AM
I really hope he will. I wouldn't want to be in a situation where I have to choose between him and my hair. :D

My boyfriend doesn't even question when I ask him to by food for my hair anymore :laugh: It's just as normal as buying butter for the bread :p

Serimel
December 4th, 2016, 03:33 AM
My boyfriend doesn't even question when I ask him to by food for my hair anymore :laugh: It's just as normal as buying butter for the bread :p

Haha that is so precious. :) I'm already schooling hubs about the hair growing process. He has surprised me by actually listening eventhough he doesn't understand the half of it. :D Luckily he's into long hair so he's supporting my journey. <3

TatsuOni
December 4th, 2016, 09:11 AM
Haha that is so precious. :) I'm already schooling hubs about the hair growing process. He has surprised me by actually listening eventhough he doesn't understand the half of it. :D Luckily he's into long hair so he's supporting my journey. <3

Then he'll definitely get used to it :) My boyfriend knows a lot more about hair now, than when he actually had hair :p

Erizu
December 4th, 2016, 01:02 PM
When you give your female family members luxury hair treatments using your wide array of products. My mother especially needs it; damaged, bleached hair? Not while I'm still living in this house! :lol:

Serimel
December 4th, 2016, 01:25 PM
When you give your female family members luxury hair treatments using your wide array of products. My mother especially needs it; damaged, bleached hair? Not while I'm still living in this house! :lol:

Yes! That's the right way to go. :3

turtlelover
December 4th, 2016, 09:17 PM
When your husband congratulates you on cleaning your stash out of the shower only to discover that you simply moved it to the cabinet and replaced it with something newer and more expensive! LOL!

Garnetgem
December 31st, 2016, 10:07 PM
When you have a sprained shoulder and upper arm and your only worry is your next shampoo..i may be in agony but its my only thought right now...when the doctor told me to rest all i could say to him was"But i need to wash my hair" he struggled not to laugh at my stupidity but i guess this makes me a true LHC-er now!

oh and the sprain happened by turning over in bed awkwardly as i tried not to lie on my hair..there i go again lol my hair care to blame!

spirals
December 31st, 2016, 11:32 PM
When your husband congratulates you on cleaning your stash out of the shower only to discover that you simply moved it to the cabinet and replaced it with something newer and more expensive! LOL!
This one made me literally LOL! I'm having a bit of an allergy attack so I laughed so hard that I started to cough, haha.

Emmeline
January 1st, 2017, 04:14 AM
Too new here to be a proper LHC-er (yet!) - but does having a quick feeling of panic on behalf of someone else you've never met, when you discover they're seriously thinking of going back to pixie and starting all over again, count?

As for reading the ingredients list on bottles of shampoo, I've been doing that for a while. Then I've gone and searched up all the chemical names I don't recognise (most of them!)

pailin
January 1st, 2017, 08:47 AM
When you have a sprained shoulder and upper arm and your only worry is your next shampoo..i may be in agony but its my only thought right now...when the doctor told me to rest all i could say to him was"But i need to wash my hair" he struggled not to laugh at my stupidity but i guess this makes me a true LHC-er now!

oh and the sprain happened by turning over in bed awkwardly as i tried not to lie on my hair..there i go again lol my hair care to blame!

Hair-related injuries- wow, hope your shoulder is better soon!

Garnetgem
January 1st, 2017, 10:36 AM
Hair-related injuries- wow, hope your shoulder is better soon!

Thanks and who would have thought long hair can cause an injury! Happy New Year 2017 :)

spirals
January 1st, 2017, 03:23 PM
but does having a quick feeling of panic on behalf of someone else you've never met, when you discover they're seriously thinking of going back to pixie and starting all over again, count?
That totally counts; a non-LHCer would not be phased.

pili
January 3rd, 2017, 11:37 AM
When your iPad not only no longer tries to correct the spelling of regular members names that you interact with, but actually starts offering them as one of the predictive suggested spellings. (I may have spent too much time on here lately. Whoops!)

Of the Fae
January 3rd, 2017, 01:23 PM
When you take every opportunity to spread the gospel of henna when people talk about coloring their hair, and then go to great lengths explaing to them exactly what the differences are between henna and chemical dyes in terms of the chemical process (this one is for the Henna and Herbal Haircare folks)- and end your story with an offer of doing their hair with a specialized mix to attain the perfect nuance <3

Simsy
January 6th, 2017, 05:13 AM
When you sit down and spend 20 mins crafting a hairstyle that can go in and out of hats, then decide on a cloth covering to keep stray hairs down; and realize most people would have gone for just a normal braid or pony.

When you book a day each week for washing hair, and have a way to stretch that wash another week if work interferes with the schedule. And your sisters can't work out why you don't just wash it at night instead.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 6th, 2017, 04:00 PM
When you begin pondering whether to wear a silk scarf over your updo during the day for added hair protection against the elements, because you don't want your poor hair to suffer in any way... :p

Mightyfine
January 6th, 2017, 07:33 PM
Okay, I haven't been here long enough to know what it is to be a LHCer but I have a feeling I'm on the way :D You know you're a LHC newbie when you fall asleep while your laptop still on your lap having spent whole day reading LHC threads...

This was when I knew! The next day I had a username and was asking dbf to measure my hair.

TatsuOni
January 8th, 2017, 03:28 AM
When you rather spend an entire day pampering and washing your hair, than rather just washing it to get it over with :laugh: It just feels less booring to wash it this way.

CindyOfTheOaks
January 8th, 2017, 08:26 AM
When you discuss putting cheese in your hair :p

TatsuOni
January 8th, 2017, 11:17 AM
When you discuss putting cheese in your hair :p

That must be the ultimate sign of beeing an LHC:er :laugh:

PrincessBob
January 8th, 2017, 11:30 AM
When your friend gives you a stack of cash for the holidays saying, "I wanted to get you a hair thing, but I don't know how much your fancy sticks cost." And you spend the next week searching your etsy favorites for something right in the budget, then end up adding more money from your spouse's coffers to get a thing completely out the of budget because you just *need* it and your spouse simply accepts the course of events.

TatsuOni
January 8th, 2017, 11:38 AM
When your friend gives you a stack of cash for the holidays saying, "I wanted to get you a hair thing, but I don't know how much your fancy sticks cost." And you spend the next week searching your etsy favorites for something right in the budget, then end up adding more money from your spouse's coffers to get a thing completely out the of budget because you just *need* it and your spouse simply accepts the course of events.

That reminds me of a thing htat happened a couple of years ago. I wished for a hair scissor from my boyfriend (we have decided how much money to spend on each other for birtdays and christmas). He gave me money and told me to spend that and some of my own money to buy a really good scissor instead of him giving me a cheaper one :o I should think about my hair! So he's an LHC supporter :p

hanne jensen
January 9th, 2017, 10:06 AM
When you hear the word dusting and automatically think of hair and not furniture.

Alissalocks
January 12th, 2017, 07:54 AM
When you find yourself checking the clock and thinking, yea I have enough time for a quick one-hour SMT before I jump in the shower for work today.

(And then think about posting this thought to people on LHC, because who else would even care? :p)

TatsuOni
January 12th, 2017, 09:23 AM
When you're obsessed with cheese :laugh: That's truly a LHC-thing :p

Arctic
February 2nd, 2017, 06:28 AM
You know you are an LHCer when your tutorial is chosen to be the Hairstyle of the Month :D

hayheadsbird
February 2nd, 2017, 07:11 AM
You know you are an LHCer when your tutorial is chosen to be the Hairstyle of the Month :D
I'm going to try it again tonight!

vampyyri
February 2nd, 2017, 08:24 AM

Congrats Arctic, that's so awesome!! :hifive:

pili
February 2nd, 2017, 08:28 AM

Very cool!

Arctic
February 2nd, 2017, 09:30 AM
I'm going to try it again tonight!

Congrats Arctic, that's so awesome!! :hifive:

Very cool!

:disco: Thank you! It was a lovely surprise! :D

Hayheadsbird was it you who typed "heartless curls" accidently? If yes, thank you for the cute name idea for this tutorial :D I loved it!

hayheadsbird
February 2nd, 2017, 11:54 AM
:disco: Thank you! It was a lovely surprise! :D

Hayheadsbird was it you who typed "heartless curls" accidently? If yes, thank you for the cute name idea for this tutorial :D I loved it!

It was!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=108936&page=1888&p=3355430#post3355430

I had to go back and check, it's exactly the sort of typo I would make, but couldn't remember, and I totally want to claim the credit for that!

Groovy Granny
February 2nd, 2017, 11:56 AM

Congrats ~ well deserved :thumbsup:

TatsuOni
February 3rd, 2017, 01:32 AM
Every time you see a video where someone is scaring people with a the grudege or the ring imitation and everyone comments "this wold scare the s*** out of me" all you can think is "her poor hair! Don't drag it on the floor like that!"

MoonRabbit
February 3rd, 2017, 02:19 AM
When you see a license plate with the letters APL and your mind immediately thinks Armpit Length.

vampyyri
February 3rd, 2017, 07:44 AM
When you get your husband to dig for your tailbone to see if you have indeed hit your personal TBL :eyebrows::lol:

LittleQuill
February 3rd, 2017, 05:28 PM
When buying conditioner simply based on what it promises on the bottle is no longer enough. You have to look at the ingredients on the back and see where in the list all the good stuff is. Only then can you decide on whether or not you should buy it. (Sorry if this one was already said. I didn't read the whole thread.) Also, being able to understand what the ingredients really are, even though they're like 12 letters long, and you have no professional scientific knowledge. :P

marvel-lover
February 4th, 2017, 06:47 AM
When your firefighter boyfriend offers to braid your hair after you wash it, and you say no because his hands are dry and cracked and smell like smoke and you don't want them to make your hair smell or pull hair out.

When you wake up to the sound of windy conditions outside, and your first thought is "how can I protect my hair?"

When you go to the store with your boyfriend and you see a conditioner that you simply have to try, and he asks "it's expensive, do you have to try it?" and you proceed to give him a 20 minute lecture on what it could do for your hair and why you do, in fact, need it, in the hopes that you'll either make him see the light, or confuse him into submission :laugh:

Serimel
February 4th, 2017, 10:39 AM
after having a fight with your DH he doesn't bring you flowers or chocolate like before but offers to buy you a new hair stick online. :heartbeat

likelikepenny
February 4th, 2017, 05:43 PM
after having a fight with your DH he doesn't bring you flowers or chocolate like before but offers to buy you a new hair stick online. :heartbeat

Relationship goals :cheese:

Mrstran
February 4th, 2017, 06:01 PM
You break one of YOUR hair rules and sign onto LHC feeling ashamed.

Ex: heat tools, rubber bands, bleaching

spirals
February 8th, 2017, 06:37 PM
When your firefighter boyfriend...relationship goals.

marvel-lover
February 8th, 2017, 06:49 PM
...relationship goals.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard something like that :laugh: I love my boyfriend, and it's definitely awesome what he does. But...and I say this to everyone that mentions their desire to grab themselves a firefighter...it's not all hot-man-swaggering-around-in-their-turnouts-smelling-like-smoke. It's a lot of lonely days and even lonelier nights, panic every time you hear sirens, nightmares of losing him, nagging feelings of inadequacy, having to choose between a future family or a career, not knowing where he's at or what he's doing, PTSD, turnouts all over your bedroom floor, and dreading hearing your cell phone go off because you don't ever want the call that something went horribly wrong. It's not for the faint of heart, but totally worth it if you truly love him and you can get used to the rest. Sorry to get all preachy. Btw, I love your curls! :blossom:

spirals
February 8th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Btw, I love your curls! :blossom:Oh, thank you! Yeah, I can understand how it's hard to not know he'll come home safe. I am so grateful for them and police officers and EMTs.

FrayedFire
May 2nd, 2017, 06:32 PM

That is such a good idea, sometimes I soak my feet and then massage them with oil, but I always end up using a bit too much. I've always just pulled the excess onto my legs, but I still have more than enough even then. Totally gonna do this next time!

TatsuOni
August 4th, 2017, 09:49 AM
When it's friday evening and you're laying out brushes, comb, scissor (for any split ends that might be discovered), some more hair stuff and a spray bottle with homemade "conditioner" to take care of your hair while you and SO are watching series. A perfect friday evening :agree:

pailin
August 6th, 2017, 07:48 AM
When you get excited because you realize you're about to outgrow your tape measure - 39 inches on a 40-inch tape
:happydance:

When it's friday evening and you're laying out brushes, comb, scissor (for any split ends that might be discovered), some more hair stuff and a spray bottle with homemade "conditioner" to take care of your hair while you and SO are watching series. A perfect friday evening :agree:
This sounds lovely!

TatsuOni
August 6th, 2017, 08:50 AM
When you get excited because you realize you're about to outgrow your tape measure - 39 inches on a 40-inch tape
:happydance:

This sounds lovely!

Congrats! :cheer:

It was :o

pailin
August 7th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Thanks, Tatsuoni!
Soooo close to tailbone now. But still a good 4 inches from classic, I think.

Aunt Rapunzel
August 7th, 2017, 06:16 PM
When you see a friend's senior pictures and wince as you see her long hair being worn down as she leans her back against a rough brick building.

Garnetgem
August 7th, 2017, 06:18 PM
When you see a friend's senior pictures and wince as you see her long hair being worn down as she leans her back against a rough brick building.

Ooh this made me flinch even thinking about it!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 7th, 2017, 06:19 PM
I would like to outgrow my tape measure, it's a 60" one :p