PDA

View Full Version : A Thought for Those With Large Toy Hordes

mindwiped
May 4th, 2016, 12:20 AM
I'm honestly cut and pasting a thought from another thread, please at least read my thought at the bottom all you tl;dr people

QUOTE=Kherome;3216882]Non-hair people don't get it. I was in a car accident and when I arrived at the hospital they took me in for CT scan. They took the "pencil" (a TT) out of my hair and I was strapped to the gurney yelling "IT'S NOT A PENCIL IT'S A HAIRSTICK! DON'T DROP IT! DON'T SCRATCH IT!" and the nurse sighed and said "You'll get your pencil back!"

OMG

How many pencils do you know of that cost $100+ bucks?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, all! I'd been looking at all of your lovely pictures with greedy eyes for a while, so I'm thrilled to join your ranks!

Ironically, I suspect the snowflake one (which I got a week or two before the purple) was actually the better match when I paid for it. My hair has lightened quite a bit with the ACV and citric acid rinses I've been doing for the past few washes; it's shocking how much mineral deposit must've been in it for that big of a change, considering how ridiculously dilute the rinses have been! But that's ok; it just means it'll stand out that much better, rather than blending in! :D

If we could just get the world to consider hair toys to be jewelry... And it's so much more practical than traditional jewelry!

These two quotes got me thinking...all of you with TONS of hair toys, you might consider getting what is called a personal articles policy. It's designed to cover above and beyond what the typical house insurance will.

I have one on my jewelry, so I could honestly drop my wedding ring in the garbage disposal, and at no deductible my insurance would replace/repair it. They paid out more than I spent on my diamond studs (I have no clue where they are/went), because the cost of studs in that carat weight went up.

Just a thought for ya'all with large toy stashes.

This is not copy and pasted...please all you with hordes, the insurance is way less than the cost of a single toy for an entire year of safety. I currently pay $41, that's for all my jewelry and DH's ring and super expensive watch (his parents gave it to him for finishing his bachelor's, otherwise he'd be wearing something cheaper by his own choice). It's worth it.