PDA

View Full Version : Just went to Whole Foods!!

ALenee
October 16th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I bought some Giovanni smooth and silk, deep moisture shampoo and conditioner. Also got a jar of organic pure coconut oil! Im excited to try these new (new to me) products!! :joy:

Im so anxious to wash my hair later, Im having a gross hair day :o I have it in a bun for now, luckily Im at work ALONE! lol

Alaina

P.S. I did introduce myself in the "New" discussion board, but didnt get much response so I decided to just start posting here. I hope that is ok?

RocketDog
October 16th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I love Whole Foods' proprietary brand, the 365 value one. Their Herbal Mint conditioner rocks!

Butterflylady
October 16th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Hi ALenee: I'm new, too. Your hair looks beautiful, I can't wait 'til my hair is that long. I'll have to check out whole foods.

lynnala
October 16th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Try the coconut oil on your face and skin as well as your hair. That's all I ever use now, I even mix baking soda into it and use it as a deodorant (thanks to suggestions from LHCers). Oh, and welcome to LHC!!

SweetPea88
October 16th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the boards! :waving:

Ahh, how I love Whole Foods! But alas, doesn't usually fit well into my college budget. I absolutely adore coconut oil as well, definitely search for some threads on its MANY uses!

ALenee
October 16th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome! I love Whole Foods also! I just started with exploring "oiling" and have been using jojoba oil. Also, after reading these boards I decided to give Giovanni brand a try. ;)

Alaina

melikai
October 16th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Ahh, how I love Whole Foods! But alas, doesn't usually fit well into my college budget.

I once heard someone refer to it as "Whole Paycheck"... hahaha :laugh:

Rosepatrice
October 16th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Hi Alenne!

I love whole paycheck (um, Whole Foods!). By the time I'm done shopping there, I don't have to worry about money, because I have none left to worry about, LOL!!

They DO have an awesome selection of hair care. That is the only store where I could find a seamless comb, too.

SweetPea88
October 16th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Yes, yes--Whole Paycheck it is!

Here's a great link (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=28&highlight=aloe+vera) for coconut oil here at LHC.

zen_oven
October 16th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Ah, yes. My life has not been the same since I discovered the joys of oiling, and I got my bottle of jojoba oil at Whole Foods too. That's also where I got my BBB. Love the place.

blue_nant
October 16th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Whole foods! ahhhh ...

You know? When you walk in the door and you stop and breathe in all those good smells ... it's so different from any other grocery ... or any store ... you shop in!

Wow it's fabulous just to stand there for a moment (preferably out of the way, ask me how I know, standing there like a tourist, lol) .. and enjoyyyyyyy