PDA

View Full Version : free and let it be days

reilly0167
May 1st, 2016, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone:waving:
Today is one of those days of letting my hair be free and let it be. I am a curly girl, 3c but since i henna its a bit looser but thats ok deep inside my roots im still am;) anywho, for today i just washed and condition it and air dry , no styling products , no oil no deep treatment. I been wearing my hair in a bun for a good while now, oiling, and i have been giving my hair the royal spa treatment every week so a one day break isnt gonna kill me or my hair. So yes its poufy a bit frizzy and thats ok, Just embracing my natural curly self. How about you? Do you have a day or days where you just take a break?:meditate:

Phanaferous
May 1st, 2016, 02:02 PM
It's rare for it to last all day, but I enjoy wash days where I can let it fully air dry before having to put it up.

Hairkay
May 1st, 2016, 02:09 PM
I'll let the bush out some days in summer.

reilly0167
May 1st, 2016, 02:09 PM
At bed time it be up:D

reilly0167
May 1st, 2016, 02:12 PM
I'll let the bush out some days in summer.
Teehee, I sometimes do that, feeling boho chic:o

lapushka
May 1st, 2016, 02:23 PM
I let it "go" when I go to bed, every night, and once a week, on wash day.

meteor
May 1st, 2016, 02:37 PM
I love leaving my hair out with no leave-in/serum/oil, especially right after a wash, especially in summer-time to let it air-dry faster. If feels "lighter" this way. And yes, it gets more poofy/voluminous, but then, this also allows me to keep hair cleaner and stretch washes more, so I like it. :)

reilly0167
May 1st, 2016, 02:42 PM
I love leaving my hair out with no leave-in/serum/oil, especially right after a wash, especially in summer-time to let it air-dry faster. If feels "lighter" this way. And yes, it gets more poofy/voluminous, but then, this also allows me to keep hair cleaner and stretch washes more, so I like it. :)
That's a great point about the stretching washes;)

browneyedsusan
May 1st, 2016, 04:14 PM
I envy my sisters with the giant hair bush! Mine is loose a few times a week. Because I like to live on the ragged edge!

lazuliblue
May 1st, 2016, 05:17 PM
I let it free today: second day hair, not properly wavy/curly/straight...but I didn't care because I just enjoyed having it down!

Frankenstein
May 1st, 2016, 10:32 PM
I've been doing this a lot lately, and leaving my hair down every time I go out. It actually takes me much less time than putting it up.

Horrorpops
May 2nd, 2016, 07:29 AM
Yeeessssss those days are good! Not today for me, its 4th day hair haha :p

spidermom
May 2nd, 2016, 08:51 AM
Some days yes, I leave it alone.

cailinbee
May 2nd, 2016, 09:06 AM
I've wondered if there's any benefit to this over updos for thin, fragile hair. On the one hand, it would seem protective styles are better to let damage grow out. On the other, my hair is so thin and breakable I fear the mechanics of pulling it up every day will cause damage. So about half of the time I just let my hair down.

I'm lucky I'm no longer in college, though. When it was longer it used to get caught in my backpack straps all the time if it was down! I wore buns a lot...

reilly0167
May 2nd, 2016, 11:32 AM
I've wondered if there's any benefit to this over updos for thin, fragile hair. On the one hand, it would seem protective styles are better to let damage grow out. On the other, my hair is so thin and breakable I fear the mechanics of pulling it up every day will cause damage. So about half of the time I just let my hair down.

I'm lucky I'm no longer in college, though. When it was longer it used to get caught in my backpack straps all the time if it was down! I wore buns a lot...
Before LHC I wore my hair down all the time, oh the dreaded back pack and purse string ; but now that I keep it up in a bun It feels like a guilty sin to keep it down. BUT there is a day I just put that feeling aside and let it be and relax at home. In reference to keeping hair up, I believe it helps greatly to protect lengths and ends from potential damage, to retain length if you are growing your hair long , it help me and I see the difference in finally seeing progress of getting past bsl, of course slowly but surely:)

Hairkay
May 7th, 2016, 01:10 PM
I let mine out today. It's so nice and summery. The bush got petted by a friend who wishes I'd leave it out like that all week. That sounds like a horrifying thought to me.

littlestarface
May 7th, 2016, 01:20 PM
I tried day before yesterday since I Just rinsed out my henna but nope lol couldnt take it, my hair felt so heavy I had to braid it. Sorry hair.

reilly0167
May 7th, 2016, 01:27 PM
I let mine out today. It's so nice and summery. The bush got petted by a friend who wishes I'd leave it out like that all week. That sounds like a horrifying thought to me.
My daughter does that to me sometimes:) and my ex husband had said that I remind him of the movie Hair:popcorn:

Arctic
May 7th, 2016, 01:27 PM
MOst of the day today my hair has been free! I am even leaning against it! :eyebrows:

ExpectoPatronum
May 7th, 2016, 02:11 PM
I don't let it go immediately after a wash. I'm a curly too and with the climate I live in I need to at least put a little gel in my hair.

I do "let it go" on days after wash day. Sometimes I can't be bothered to refresh my waves and will just let it be. It's kind of nice because by then my texture has loosened a lot so I can enjoy having longer hair until I wash it next.

Groovy Granny
May 7th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Twice a week when I air dry....and often with a mini claw half ups in cooler temps; I need it out of my face at least :wink:

Complexity
May 7th, 2016, 02:23 PM
I wasn't feeling well for the last couple of weeks (due to an extreme change in schedule), so most of that time was spent with my hair just 'being'.

Not the greatest move - Took me quite some time and a lot of stray/shed hairs to get all the tangles out. Last night I washed so it's still down (I like to wait until it's completely dry before putting it up), but it'll be going up shortly and I'm going to try my best to keep up with actually taking care of it.

Complexity
May 7th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Double post that I don't know how to delete :confused:

Arctic
May 7th, 2016, 02:36 PM
Double post that I don't know how to delete :confused:

Members can't delete posts. But editing the second post and writing like you did, that's was double is a good forum practice.

Horrorpops
May 8th, 2016, 08:44 AM
MOst of the day today my hair has been free! I am even leaning against it! :eyebrows:

GASP!!! Arctic you rebel :bigtongue:

Arctic
May 8th, 2016, 08:46 AM
Ha ha :D Yep, that's me - always living the wild life!

Hairkay
May 8th, 2016, 09:42 AM
My daughter does that to me sometimes:) and my ex husband had said that I remind him of the movie Hair:popcorn:

Lol, I put mine back in cornrows. One of those maggoty creatures that hang from trees and bushes from a silk thread found it's way in my curls. I evicted it.

reilly0167
May 8th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Lol, I put mine back in cornrows. One of those maggoty creatures that hang from trees and bushes from a silk thread found it's way in my curls. I evicted it.
Oh they bug me so much. Lots and lots here in Florida.

endlessly
May 8th, 2016, 08:33 PM
I try, but I've gotten so used to wearing it up 99% of the time, that it's a tough habit to break. When I'm letting it dry, I tend to wear it down and loose prior to detangling, but otherwise I have to keep it up to avoid snagging or tangling it. Plus, I have cats that like to play with it now that it hangs off my computer chair.

endersworld
May 8th, 2016, 08:45 PM
I wear mine down a majority of the time, even around campus (with it occasionally becoming trapped beneath my messenger bag strap). The wind tends to blow it around a bit, but I figure I'd rather enjoy the feeling of wind in my hair than worry about tangles. I don't think I'd want to have long hair if I couldn't leave it down, though I think it would be much harder to do so if it were any longer than it is now (nearly classic).