PDA

View Full Version : Funny story, little kids and poo bars

catfish
October 16th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I have my little niece staying with me this week, she's 5, and of corse while I have her I teach her about...drum-roll...haircare:p My sister keeps her hair long, BSL, and already takes great care of it, but she hasn't tried poo bars yet so I took the liberty and washed nieces hair with a lovely lemon soap bar. followed by a mild lemon juice rinse. here's how the conversation went;

splash splash splash
Me- wanna try a new shampoo? It's a poo bar.
Niece- ewwww, don't put poo on my head.
Me- It's not poo, it's soap for the hair, smells like lemon cake.
Niece- oh let me do it
scrub scrub scrub
Me- time for the lemonade rinse ( few drops lemon juice in filtered water)
Niece- lemonade:bigeyes: giggle

her hair dried perfect, silky, shiny, and soft.
Niece had fun singing about smelling like lemon cake and told Mommy all about it.
My sister on the other hand demanded on the phone, why on God's green earth was I putting poo and lemonade on her girls head:D

Being an aunt is fun.

NightDaemon
October 16th, 2008, 01:20 PM
So, you've moved on from sham-poo to the real thing? Good on you!

heeylaa
October 16th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Hehehe, sounds like you had too much fun! I spent a lot of time with my favorite aunt growing up and always had a blast. Does she have a brother? Cause if she does you just know he's gonna be calling her poo-head for a long time! Can't wait to be an aunt.....

catfish
October 16th, 2008, 01:46 PM
NightDaemon

:p why thank you.

heeylaa
Hehehe, sounds like you had too much fun! I spent a lot of time with my favorite aunt growing up and always had a blast. Does she have a brother? Cause if she does you just know he's gonna be calling her poo-head for a long time! Can't wait to be an aunt.....

No brothers, but my brother in law said he's definitely doing a sniff test when they come to get her this weekend. :D

longhairedfairy
October 16th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Lol! That was funny and cute!

jojo
October 16th, 2008, 02:52 PM
HA HA! that made me chuckle! 'dont out poo on my hair' too funny!!!

Missie
October 16th, 2008, 03:52 PM
delightful :)

Bronwyn Grace
October 16th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Aw, "don't put poo on my head". Haha, love it. Little kids are so much fun. :D

Chromis
October 16th, 2008, 06:42 PM

Poo is better! It goes on first and cleans the hair!

ccmuffingirl
October 16th, 2008, 07:25 PM
How adorable :D

SHELIAANN1969
October 16th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I love kids and the simple, honest remarks they make!

What a memory you made for both of you, one day you will sit with her when she is 20 and say "remember the first time I used that Lemon poo bar on your hair"? And I bet she will recall it.

Those are the moments that make life worthwhile.

What a treasure, you are so lucky to have a sweet neice to be close to and giggle with over lemonade and poo! :)

rchorr
October 18th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Hee, hee, hee. I can just picture it :-) That might be something she remembers her whole life ... with a smile, of course!

RCHORR'