PDA

View Full Version : Micro Keratin Products

Persiangirl01
May 1st, 2016, 09:06 AM
Hi guys!

Has anyone here used a mask, shampoo or conditioner claiming to use "micro keratin" or "nanotechnology" in their hair products?

I have come across an range called Micro Keratin. They have a shampoo, conditioner and mask out. Has anyone ever used this specific brand?

If you have used the abovementioned range or any other similar product:
what is your opinion of the product?
Did you see any improvement in your hair condition? (Frizz, split ends etc)

Or is this just another marketing ploy, and any or all keratin products are more or less equal?

Thank you! :)

Stepo_NiNha
May 1st, 2016, 11:08 AM
hi,

I use a micro keratin conditioner called Syoss shine boost conditioner. For me, it has been the best to prevent split ends. I dont know about frizz because I apply it on my very ends since my ends are fragile and have some old damage. My hair gets weighed down pretty easily so I prefer to apply it on my ends.

Its not the same range as the one you've mentioned but I believe it might be similar because it has hydrolized keratin in the 4th position. I've heard that hydrolized keratin is a sort of "broken" keratin, which means that the mollecules were divided to get smaller and thus they become able to penetrate the hair shaft, hence the name nano technology.

Whether the product is going to work for you or not depends on your hair type and if it has been damaged. Damaged hair seem to like protein/keratin more than healthy hair but this is not a rule, since each mane is different and responds differently to hair products and ingredients.

Just give it a try, your experience will be the best to tell you if your hair likes protein or not. Just buy the conditioner and see how it works, not to spend all the money in the 3 products :)