PDA

View Full Version : Starting over & thinking of trying caffeine, castor oil or Monistat

ZoSo
April 29th, 2016, 12:11 AM
I messed up and lost my mid back length. I'd like to try to cut down on my regrowth time as much as possible. I'm open to trying a growth enhancer like caffeine, castor oil or even Monistat. Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm a 45 YO guy with no signs of MPB. My vegan diet might be an issue, but I'm not sure how much that would be a factor.

Sweets
April 29th, 2016, 12:36 AM
The healthiest growth I've ever had was when I was vegan for about 5 years, albeit balanced vegan. I made sure I got everything I needed. Don't beat yourself up for it. I suggest tracking your diet/supplements just to make sure. Then, try one treatment at a time instead of everything at once...then you can determine which one works for you the best! Try to monitor your hair fall and give each experiment several weeks or months.

An easy one to start with is inversion therapy!

I added one product several months ago that I'm happy with, so I added another recently. I started using as i am's coconut cowash, and recently added the sally's generic products tea tree oil/peppermint shampoo to stimulate my scalp in addition to the other.

I'm sorry you lost so much - remember, if you are concerned, you can always go to a doctor and be tested for deficiencies or other things that might be affecting your hair. Best of luck to you!

Horrorpops
April 29th, 2016, 05:48 AM
Mmm I never tried caffeine or monistat - all I can comment on is veganism and castor oil.

When I was vegan I had no problems with hair growth I think it's mainly about having a balanced diet :o just make sure you are hitting your micronutrient and micronutrient goals and you'll be sweet!

With castor oil my results have always been quite mixed. For a while I thought it was really working but then over a longer term I didn't really notice any difference but as always YMMV.

Personally I think the only thing that helped speed up my growth was
- Eating a good nutritious diet
- Regular exercise
- Enough sleep
Basic stuff, just healthy lifestyle. Adding inversion methods, biotin, castor oil etc never made much of a difference! :p