PDA

View Full Version : Tips for fine long hair

Lejli
April 27th, 2016, 12:40 AM
My hair is waist length, but it's hard to maintain a healthy look with my thin hair, the ends always look so dry and dead. I use coconut oil and spf spray so that kinda helps a little, but not too much. Do you have any tips for me?

Sarahlabyrinth
April 27th, 2016, 01:21 AM
Have you tried putting extra virgin olive oil on your ends about an hour before you wash your hair, then after you wash it, use a good moisturising conditioner?

Horrorpops
April 27th, 2016, 01:32 AM
I try and do a deep conditioning treatment at least once a week - either an oil soak (currently using coconut oil, but olive or other oils would work as well) or an SMT/ modified SMT thats literally just my current conditioner + a spoon of honey + a spoon of oil.

If I don't do a moisturising treatment for at least a few hours, one night a week my ends start feeling super dry! Hope this helps :o

Sarahlabyrinth
April 27th, 2016, 01:36 AM
Yes, SMTs are excellent!

Arctic
April 27th, 2016, 01:44 AM
Check out the straight and silky thread (if your hair is straight-ish) and the fine and thin thread. Both bursting with great tips! Forum searches will also give you lot of results. Hang around, and read a lot; you'll soon learn lot of great ways to care for your hair. Ultimately you will need to test the methods yourself, as everyone's hair is different - that leads me to say, that only test one new thing at a time. That way you'll know what works and what doesn't.

lapushka
April 27th, 2016, 06:04 AM
It all depends on your circumference. Is it i, ii, or iii? What do you mean by thin ends? Fairytaled ends or *real* thin ends. That's the question. It would help if you start by hairtyping your hair for us, so we can help you better.