PDA

View Full Version : Help me identify this bun?

sumidha
April 23rd, 2016, 12:17 AM
I found this image while searching for pictures of Ficcare on google, and while the person is a member here (the image is from the Show me your Ficcare Thread, from 2009) she hasn't been active in quite a while. I love this updo, and don't have the slightest idea how it's done. Is it like, two french twists somehow? Help!

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac340/naterose5/allficcares2.jpg

(Also, what's the forum etiquette for posting a picture posted by another member... Should I link to the LHC post the picture is from instead? Not do it at all? Post it but credit her? I don't want to be invasive or rude.)

lapushka
April 23rd, 2016, 07:21 AM
I have no idea. Can't you look up who it was and PM her? :) Or, did you already do that?

Anje
April 23rd, 2016, 08:40 AM
Probably the best way is to quote the post you got it from, so you can have the picture but it links back to her post. :) Then we all know whose pic it is, etc. You can do a "Reply with quote", then copy that quote text and use it elsewhere.

I don't have a name for it, but it looks almost like she did two side rolls, put the hair up between them, then crossed them. It is pretty. I hope you work it out!

sumidha
April 23rd, 2016, 11:54 AM
Thank you Anje, I swear I'm terminally inept at forum-ing. >.<

sumidha
April 23rd, 2016, 12:00 PM
I have no idea. Can't you look up who it was and PM her? :) Or, did you already do that?

I looked up her profile and she hasn't been on the forum since last year (I already feel stalkery, lol) so I was hoping someone else would know, but I probably will PM her if I have no luck here. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
April 23rd, 2016, 03:01 PM
Let us know if you find out, I would love to know how to do it.

endersworld
April 23rd, 2016, 05:58 PM
It looks like the hairstyle from this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_-XBalPjVg)

Could take some doing to get it to work on longer hair, though! The woman in the video appears to have hair around APL.

sumidha
April 23rd, 2016, 06:56 PM
I think you're right endersworld! :D

As soon as my hair isn't braided and soaked in coconut oil I'm going to give it a shot.