PDA

View Full Version : super large jar of full fat mayo in the uk? mayo reviews?

SophieGrowGrow
October 16th, 2008, 06:43 AM
I was wondering if anyone has ever deep conditioned their hair with mayonaise? not hair mayonaise , normal mayo ( if there is any diffrence ). I was wondering what are the pro's and cons of it?

Also does anyone know where I can get a super large jar of mayonaise online? ebay was no good and im looking on amazon right now.

wendyg
October 16th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Costco?

wg

misstwist
October 16th, 2008, 11:17 AM
All you really need is egg yolks and oil. Do an internet search for mayo recipes. Leave out the spices. Use a blender, immersion blender or food processor and you can make as much as you want.

Flaxen
October 16th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Here are the instructions for heidi w.'s mayonnaise deep treatment:

mmmm....I just checked my hair journal and it does not have my mayo hair wash instructions:

Key Point: DO THIS WHEN NO ONE CAN SEE YOU. Don't let anyone come over. If S.O. is around, hopefully, they understand your zaniness! (I did it front of my roommates who rolled their eyes, but what do I care?!! :silly: )

1) Shampoo hair per normal
2) ACV if you wish (ACV = Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse) if you like

Take regular full fat Best Foods Mayonnaise and glob on to hair length, then wrap hair length in a bun and place all in a plastic bag (from grocery store & tie front handles together at forehead hairline).

Yes, it smells but when all is complete, your hair will not smell like mayonnaise, I promise.

Rivulets of watered mayo will drip down your neck and such...it's gross, but I'm telling you! this deep conditioning works!

3) Step out of shower.
Wrap old towel around neck to collect globs of rivers.
Wear something you don't care about.

4) Leave on hair for a full 60 minutes. I have left it on for 1.5 hrs at other times. The absolute minimum, if in a bit of a hurry, is 40 minutes; but the longer duration, the better!

5) Back in shower: use minimal amount of shampoo (and if have to do it twice or so, that's fine) to rinse out mayo.

6) Then rinse really well with water.

7) Then condition with your normal conditioner, length only. Conditioner on scalp is not good for the skin.

8 ) Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse

9) Cool Rinse.

10) Air dry, etc.

HTH! :smile: