PDA

View Full Version : The miracle Pill

ladystar
March 21st, 2008, 10:23 AM
Just for fun because I am bored at work :shrug:,
If there was a miracle pill invented that made your hair grow lets say 6 inches in 2 months and they would really work!!! :happydance:The cost is 3 grand and the supply is for 2 months. How much would you dish out to get theses pills? :crazyq:Would sell something to get the money to buy them at least once? Oh yea just to make it more interesting no credit cards accepted.:lala:

I would def try to find a way to get theses pills at least once, till I reach my goal of classic length.:pray:
I think I will sell my Flat screen TV :rant: and some furniture that I have around the house. :couch:

This might be a stupid thread:doh:. I just thought it might be fun. :silly:

Celogrl
March 21st, 2008, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure! I know I'd probably consider it (for a little while at least!). Now if someone would guarantee me permamently thicker hair, then the sky would be the limit!
:cheese:

Sarahmoon
March 21st, 2008, 11:08 AM
My goal is classic and my hair is hip length now. The longest hairs are only a few inches away from tailbone. So no, I wouldn't buy them because they are way too expensive.

Now if they would magically "heal" split ends and I would be sure it worked, I might...

Caldonia Sun
March 21st, 2008, 11:13 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think I own anything worth that much that I could sell, so I'll have to rely on Mother Nature.

AJoifulNoise
March 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM
I don't think I could bring myself to pay that much for something mother nature can give me. I'd much rather have a new wardrobe!

ladystar
March 21st, 2008, 12:12 PM
Funny I like what everyone said. HAHA

Unofficial_Rose
March 21st, 2008, 12:16 PM
Make it 2 grand and I'm in ;)

(because I'm only at shoulder!)

ladystar
March 21st, 2008, 01:47 PM
HAHA!!!! I like that one Rose

Wanderer09
March 21st, 2008, 01:57 PM
I'd rather let nature take its course. It's an interesting test of my patience. ;)

Islandgrrl
March 21st, 2008, 02:20 PM
Hmmm....I wonder if I could get my insurance to cover it......heck, they covered my LASIK!

MadPirateBippy
March 21st, 2008, 06:20 PM
I'd wait a year until the price drops, but as soon as it hits 300 instead of 3,000 dollars I would be IN.

Lets see... six inches in two months, that means I could grow three feet in twelve months. That would take me to ankle length in a year, and growing that fast there'd be no chance of splitting faster than I could grow.

On the other hand I can't see spending 18k to grow my hair to ankle.

wintersun99
March 21st, 2008, 06:24 PM
Hmmm....I wonder if I could get my insurance to cover it......heck, they covered my LASIK!

what? how? I'm interested in doing this, this summer! wonder if my insurance would contribute?

as for the hair growth: when I was at arm-pit length, I would say NO, too much money and I already had a good start on length. now, at my current funky length and damage, I WOULD pay to have 6-12" almost immediately. 2-3k would be worth it, for my self-esteem, if nothing else :)

however, if it came down to paying for the Lasik and paying for the hair, Lasik would win. :)

jojo
March 21st, 2008, 06:34 PM
if i was a millionaire and money was no object hell yeah id buy them, but being the pauper i am i will have to grow via the normal route of good old fashioned patience!!

BlndeInDisguise
March 21st, 2008, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure! I know I'd probably consider it (for a little while at least!). Now if someone would guarantee me permamently thicker hair, then the sky would be the limit!

I agree, I would pay a LOT to have thicker hair--or at least make my hair line lower on my forehead. Oooh, I can't stand my hairline....:knuckle:But I won't go down that road.....

Maybe it's because my hair is already long, but I think it would have to be more than just 6 inches in two months. It would have to be a foot in one month. :p

Shimmy
March 21st, 2008, 06:58 PM
YES :laugh:

Nat242
March 21st, 2008, 06:58 PM
No, I wouldn't. I can grow my own hair in time, I could find many better uses for that amount of money.

-- Natalie

HairColoredHair
March 21st, 2008, 08:17 PM
No. Only if it would give me permanently healthy hair... 'cause else it would all just snap and break off... :(

MadHatter
March 21st, 2008, 11:11 PM
I'd buy it if I knew it would keep my hair permanently red, wavy, growing, and thick until the day I die.

sapphire-o
March 22nd, 2008, 12:05 AM
Nope. I don't want that even if it has free trial period. I hate taking any pills. Now if you tell me chocolate bars would boost hair growth I certainly wouldn't object. :D

kimki
March 22nd, 2008, 10:19 AM
Nope. I don't want that even if it has free trial period. I hate taking any pills. Now if you tell me chocolate bars would boost hair growth I certainly wouldn't object. :D

Now that's a great idea!! :D

squiggyflop
March 22nd, 2008, 10:30 AM
if there was a pill that made me have strong hair that wouldnt break off that had a 5 inch pony and never got any knots. i would work 3 jobs until i had enough money no matter how long it takes to get the money... and if the hair never broke off i would be able to grow it really long... ive grown 6.5 inches in the last 7 months so im not really worried about how fast it grows.. i just wish it was thicker and stronger perminantly

ladystar
March 22nd, 2008, 04:30 PM
How funny. This is great. Thanks

Elleyena
March 23rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
I don't know if I would do that. I could get a nice graphic tablet/monitor and some video game systems with that money. I'd certainly think about it though!

ohjezebel
March 23rd, 2008, 10:52 PM
I wouldn't pay that much money for length; I'm patient enough to wait for it. Now, if you could sell me a pill that would PERMANENTLY increase my thickness, I'd save up and save up and do whatever it took to get it. I'd do anything for a good 4" ponytail...even a 3.75" or 3.5" would be nice to have...

sweetkandi
March 23rd, 2008, 11:12 PM
awww...no credit cards? lol I dont know if I would...what the heck would I sell? :p

Darian Moone
March 23rd, 2008, 11:25 PM
Nope. Since I don't want another 6 inches, the miracle pill would be wasted on me. Unless of course I could get others who only wanted to gain an extra inch or two to go in on the price with me and split the bottle. But then, why bother? Isn't that what Monistat is supposed to be for? LOL!! :laugh:

ladystar
March 24th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Hey now that you mention it (Darian Moone) , I was going to do the Monistat thing and the site went down I never did it. What happen to that thread? It was fun reading it and almost getting convinced to do it. =)

lora410
March 24th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Oh yeah, I'd save until I was 80 to get those pills. Oh wait by 80 I'd have all the length I needed :lol:, realistically Yeah i'd so be in.

Remke
March 24th, 2008, 08:04 AM
O yeah a pill for permanently thicker hair would be great! I'de buy it

ilovelonghair
March 24th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I'd only want it if the fast growth would stay for the rest of my life, and it's guaranteed no grey hairs ever and it would change hair color at command (so if I'd want grey I can chose it) whenever I want to and also texture of course.:D

Snowblood
March 24th, 2008, 01:03 PM
No I wonīt buy this pill. I like my hair and I also enjoy the journey to really long hair. A good way to train discipline. Loving hair is one thing but the other is...- itīs only hair, no reason to flip out because of a miracle pill. :D

Arniky
March 26th, 2008, 08:31 AM
3 inches per month-great- should stock for atleast 15 months!

socks
March 26th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I'm just a starving college student living with my parents, so there's no way I would be able to afford something like that. Maybe if it went for under $200, though...

Keiera
March 27th, 2008, 10:17 AM
If I had lost my hair in some crazy hair accident or had some disease that made all of my hair fall out, if this pill would let me regrow my hair, sure, I might be willing to buy it. As it stands, I wouldn't buy it. Getting a scooter is worth much more to me than an extra foot of hair at the moment. :D

Saranne772
June 2nd, 2008, 04:26 AM
I would get it so that I could grow the 6 inches and cut 6 inches of damage off

tiny_teesha
June 2nd, 2008, 07:04 AM
I'd pass....if they were $50 i'd pay! :) (im a poor student!)

forgetmenotak
June 2nd, 2008, 10:35 PM
I'd only get it if it made my hair indestructible and it couldn't break unless I cut it, AND it kept my hair at the same thickness for the rest of my life. Then I would consider it!

Magicknthenight
June 4th, 2008, 01:25 PM
wow if i had that kind of money i think i might actially consider it. But then again i'd probably end up saving the money and waiting on my hair to grow. Its getting there and im sometimes surprized at the length because i always picture it shorter. But yea..if i had enough money to get some new clothes..maybe travel a little..then yea eventuially i think i would give it a try!

HennaFaerie
February 2nd, 2009, 12:06 AM
i wouldn't. my hair grows. for 3 grand someone who has lost their hair due to disease or chemo, whatever, could get a really nice wig. if i had 3 grand to throw out like that, id give it to a good cause

rymorg2
February 2nd, 2009, 04:26 AM
What are the side effects of these pills? Are the side effects seriously worth growing my hair faster and paying the money? It depends. If they ARE worth it then heck ya I'm in.

Tap Dancer
February 2nd, 2009, 05:02 AM
That's way too much money. I'd just continue to let my hair grow the old fashioned way. :p

Carolyn
February 2nd, 2009, 07:23 AM
I missed this thread on the first time around :D I'd pay if I could get a 5" ponytail but not for length unless I was above mid back to start with. I wonder how long it would take me to earn the money flipping burgers? :p

Coriander
February 2nd, 2009, 02:46 PM
At that rate, I would imagine you could *feel* your hair growing. How weird would that be???

I can't imagine spending 3 grand on something that would last two months. I spent 4 grand to get my Lasik procedure and that has lasted four years (I think) now.

I know the hair would be there for awhile, but I'm wondering how "healthy" the growth would be if it were that fast.

Could you have hair growing pains? lol.

Coriander
February 2nd, 2009, 02:48 PM
I missed this thread on the first time around :D I'd pay if I could get a 5" ponytail but not for length unless I was above mid back to start with. I wonder how long it would take me to earn the money flipping burgers? :p

Well, if you made about $6.00 an hour and worked 40 hours a week that's a little less than $1,000 a month. Add taxes into that and you're looking at four months or so.

(I'm really procrastinating with homework if I'm figuring out how long it would take.) :rollin:

~GypsyCurls~
February 3rd, 2009, 12:10 PM
Well, I think I would if I had any way to. I don't though, I do not have anything I could sell to get that kind of money. My TV and comp are dinosaurs, and I don't have any designer clothes or anything like that. Actually, now that I'm at waist I'm actually happy with the length so as long as I can keep growing, it, I'm happy :)

Silverlox
February 3rd, 2009, 12:29 PM
:blueeek: What? 3000$$$$? :scared:

No way I'm paying that much for something Nature does for free!

However, as others have said before me, - perhaps if it was guaranteed to make my hair really, really thick. Then I *might* consider it, as this is something Nature apparently does not intend to give me.

Well, I do eat chocolate bars regularly and my hair is almost classic now. Coincidence? Who knows? :eyebrows:

viking_quest
February 3rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
I'd rather save my money and wait for my hair to grow out. It doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as I get somewhere close to my various goal lengths, then I'd be happy.

LawyerGirl
February 3rd, 2009, 10:02 PM
No way, not for me.... I can't see spending that much money unless I had some event or something to go to, which atm I don't.

Debra83
February 4th, 2009, 12:54 AM
hmmmmm....tempting, but no. sigh. I can't even get long hair in a hypothetical situation!!! Woe is me.

Sissy
February 4th, 2009, 05:44 PM
ha, if the pills would give me at least 6 inches of my dream hair (darker, shinier, and pin straight) I'd be very thoughtfully considering dishing out the dough :)

Gingevere
February 5th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't buy them, even if I was rich. I would feel really horrible spending so much money on something like that, especially when patience and good haircare can produce the same results. Anyway, I'd be needing the money for college next year!

AutumnSky
February 5th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I can think of much better things to do with that much $$$! Besides... getting there is half the fun!

twilight_faerie
February 5th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I definitely wouldn't go for it. I mean, $3K? Just to grow hair?? No. I'm much more frugal than that.

Also, one of the great things about having long hair is knowing that you earned it, through patience and dedication. I think that if my hair grew a foot overnight (haha...my hair growing a foot :-D), I'd be thrilled for a while, and then lose interest. I need to work for something to be able to appreciate it.

Sissy
February 6th, 2009, 05:40 AM
I can think of much better things to do with that much $$$! Besides... getting there is half the fun!

I guess you have a good point there. I would always have something more important to spend that money on than my own vanity. :o

zanne
February 7th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I'm in...
Working up my adrvert to sell DBF.... Shhh.. don't tell him :eyebrows:.

Heavenly Locks
February 9th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Does it make ALL the hair on your body grow like that! :eek:

Coriander
February 9th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Does it make ALL the hair on your body grow like that! :eek:

:spitting: :rollin:

Nice.

I can imagine getting a "growth spurt" at school, and someone very nicely telling me to go to the bathroom because I have something creeping out of the bottoms of my jeans.

roflmao!

tiny_teesha
February 9th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I'm desperate....but not that desperate!

Comfrey
February 10th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Nah, I'd be too busy saving it for my imaginary face lift :p

JamieLeigh
February 12th, 2009, 07:48 PM
You know, I probably have about 3 grand in worthless crap sitting around my house...so I *might* try selling some stuff, just to try it once. :)

That said, I remember being pregnant and having insanely fast hair growth...and then having to go back and trim about 7 inches off, just to keep it even the way I like it. :(

YAY this is my 300th post!! :dance:

Iylivarae
February 13th, 2009, 01:47 PM
No, I wouldn't want to buy the pills. 6 inches is a lot, but I don't think it would be as much fun to grow the hair with almost "supernatural" forces. I'd rather let it grow naturally. Also, I wouldn't want to sell anything I have, and my old clothes and books aren't really worth 3 grands.

But if there were a pill that magically increased the ponytail circumference to like 6'', I'd really think about it.

Elphie
February 13th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Nah. I'm patient and cheap. *grins*

JessTheMess
February 13th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Where do I sign up....is there a payment plan? lol

Noctifer
February 14th, 2009, 01:04 AM
I could right now spend a lot of money to speed up the growth of my hair but never that i would pay that much

Alu
February 14th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Nope, the most I would spend for that is a hundred or so. I'm cheap. ._.

ladystar
April 24th, 2010, 01:40 AM
WOW this is still around! cool =)

Robbi Dehlinger
April 24th, 2010, 01:51 AM
How about a magic hairbrish for 200 instead:)

KittyLost
April 24th, 2010, 06:53 AM
If I had the money then yeah I would ! Just to try it once.
Say if I cut my hair really short then regretted it and it would give me a good head start on growth.

However, by the time I had saved up that much money (a few years) to spend on the miracle pill, I'd probably have grown my hair to the length I wanted!

Now invent a pill that changes your natual hair colour so you don't have to keep redying your roots and I'll consider forking some money over ;)

sweet*things
April 25th, 2010, 09:49 AM
If it guaranteed a permanent 1/2"+ increase in ponytail thickness I would save my pennies. But just length, no.

windinherhair
April 25th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't buy the pills. I thought about saying "If I had the money" but I still don't know if I would want to swallow pills that would do that, and who knows what else. I would rather just grow out my hair the natural way, and have patience.

Katurday
April 25th, 2010, 03:49 PM
No way Jose! The pill could make your body hair grow SUPER FAST. I don't need that on my plate, it grows fast enough, thank you!
Six inches...Hmm...Thats a year's worth of growth, and I'm still young. I think I'd wait.

walterSCAN
April 25th, 2010, 04:33 PM
*snip*

Now invent a pill that changes your natual hair colour so you don't have to keep redying your roots and I'll consider forking some money over ;)

THIS I would pay lots of money for... Especially if I only had to take one pill-- maybe it has a retrovirus in it or something to re-write my DNA and give me the dark-dark brown of babyhood back! :hmm:

Inventors/microbiologists: get on it! :wink:

However, I don't think I have stuff that's even worth enough to sell to get $3000... :mad:

chopandchange
April 25th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Interesting question.

I wouldn't even consider it, for the following reasons:

1. When I finally reach my goal, it will be after investing years of patience, care, and daydreams into my hair, and having waited so long will make the fulfilment of my dreams much more satisfying than just popping a pill and having it straight away.

2. To answer your question literally instead of hypothetically: if it were ever to exist in the real world, this imaginary "miracle pill" would contain some very strong ingredients if it were capable of interfering with our hair's normal growth rate to that extent. Therefore, said strong ingredients would be bound to come with very strong, nasty side effects, as yet unknown.

When new wonder drugs appear, we are always told that they have no side effects, and soon people are eagerly queueing up to take them. Years later the pharmatheuticals will announce: "oops, sorry, we were wrong after all - our new studies show it causes birth defects/infertility/cancer/etc., so we're now taking it off the market - please hand any remaining medicines in, and discontinue their use."

:eek:

I would consider putting my health at risk of severe side effects if I were offered a drug to fight off a terminal disease, say, but not out of the vanity or impatience of just wanting to speed up my hair growth. Perhaps if I suffered from excessive shedding or thinning, yes; but when my hair is perfectly healthy and growing at a steady, normal rate, no. I don't believe in vanity drugs. I took biotin once, and it wasn't worth the giant pimple it gave me. Best leave my hair alone to grow at whatever speed it wants to.

ASillyKitty
April 25th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't, because there are just so many better things I could spend that money on! My hair will grow in eventually anyway. Now, if there were a pill that could make my hair perfectly sleek with no frizz or tangles, that I would be interested in.

EtherealOde
April 27th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Hrm, I guess I wound wonder about a few things...

1. What side effects does the pill have?
2. Does it have its effect only on scalp hair? Or does it make all hair grow that quickly? I wouldn't like having to get a full body wax every 2 weeks so as not to look like Sasquatch. And think of the possbilities with nose and ear hair!!!!! And trimming eyelashes??? Urk, you could put cornrows in your body hair!
3. Does the hair stay a normal length of time, or does it fall out earlier because it grew faster? Is the hair the same as it would be if it grew on its own, or is it more fragile because it grew too quickly?

If there were no bad side effects, no weird hair growth all over my body, and the hair grown would be just like normally grown hair with the same health and lifespan, then sure! I might even do it twice. People spend money on all kinds of frivolous things in life.

I don't smoke, rarely drink except some good wine now and then and a few martinis a year, rarely visit a beauty shop, spend little on clothes and shoes, and even prefer inexpensive vacations (I love to go tent camping in quiet out of the way places). When I have a car, I keep it until it dies a natural death from age, because I take good care of them. I have a garden at home, and grow a lot of the veggies we eat through the year, and I do home canning, freezing, and dehydrating of the excess production. My only vice, if you can call it that, is that I eat organic food and love to drink good coffee, a cup or two a day.

I know plenty of people who easily spend that much on clothes just for a single season, or more. And most smokers will easily spend that amount on their habit, not counting the extra spent for cleaning and lost resale value due to smoke odor on homes and cars. I wouldn't feel guilty in the slightest spending it on a thing I would enjoy if it caused me no harm. I figure I am due a little indulgence in my life. So...when are you gonna develop this miracle medicine and make yourself rich? :)

missmandy
April 27th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I would have to know for sure that it would actually work. Like proven. And if I did, I'd save up my pennies and BUY IT!!!!

Qadupae
April 28th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Theories about side effects and such aside, I think I would be willing to spend 1k max on such a pill, even considering I wouldn't get thickness since I have such fine hair. I'm not even at shoulder right now and my hair grows super slow, so something like that would be a miracle for me indeed. I'm not good with being patient -_-;

For 3k, it would have to give my length, thickness, and potentially able to change my hair color permanently ^_^

Aleria
April 28th, 2010, 02:56 AM
3 Grand? I could live off that for three months! That's absurd.

JBO
April 29th, 2010, 06:31 PM
It's probably sick, but I would not hesitate. Seriously. I might be the most impatient person ever. I hate waiting and growing my hair is one big wait!

My DH would kill me but I would so buy it. Maybe this is something we could invent(j/k. Or maybe...)

If you make this let me know. Hehe

Gladtobemom
May 1st, 2010, 01:02 PM
Nope. My total haircare budget runs about $8 per month. And THAT is mostly on lite coconut milk.

kelsia.lee
March 22nd, 2020, 07:22 PM
I agree, i would rely on mother nature, i couldn't find it in me to ay that much when i could grow it naturally.

Dark40
March 22nd, 2020, 08:34 PM
Hmmmm.....let's make it 1 grand and I'm in :D

Because, I'm at waist length, and my goal is mid-thigh length.

jane_marie
March 23rd, 2020, 06:23 AM

I guess I live pretty simply. I don't have anything worth enough to sell that isn't important to me (family quilts and such... my WW2 era singer sewing machine with original cherry wood cabinet). I also think that just paying for it would be sort of weird. I guess I feel like my hair is somehow linked with time. I don't know if that makes sense.

I think I would prefer to just wait it out.

Agnieszka108
March 26th, 2020, 02:08 PM
Hehe I would love my hair to grow 6 inches in 2 months, but unfortunately I couldn't justify the price point! ;)