PDA

View Full Version : going to chelate

mamaherrera
April 11th, 2016, 10:12 PM
I'm going to chelate my hair tomorrow, to clarify but I have a question. I always only do "scalp washes" so to clarify, should I wash the length purposely as well, or do you find just letting the suds of a clarify poo do the job enough?

Obsidian
April 11th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Wash the length as well, any gunk build up needs to be scrubbed away (gently).

catasa
April 12th, 2016, 01:16 AM
When I clarify/chelate, I usually also shampoo the lengths thoroughly (but gently as Obsidian said) since I get most problems with buildup on the lengths. Just letting the suds run through wouldn´t be enough for me at least.

Groovy Granny
April 12th, 2016, 08:49 AM
I also wash the length and just use a heavier conditioner on the ends after, with a wee bit on the roots (what's left on my hands after working it through).

I use Joico K-Pak for both.

Horrorpops
April 12th, 2016, 09:02 AM
Yes to all the PPs, because I find it can be drying to the length (like GroovyGranny has said) I always do a little deep conditioning treatment after with conditioner+ a spoon of oil and honey. Wrap that up with a plastic bag/shower cap and let it sit for as long as I like, then my hair is rid of build-up and mineral deposits but is also super smooth and shiny. :)

mamaherrera
April 12th, 2016, 11:56 AM
and this may sound stupid, but how do you "poo the length" It's been so long. . ...

missrandie
April 12th, 2016, 12:02 PM
I just squeeze the shampoo into the length. As in, hold hair in a ponytail with one hand, and squeeze the shampoo down through the length with the other hand.

lapushka
April 12th, 2016, 12:15 PM
When I'm serious about it enough, the lengths are done as well. You just wring out your length, then squirt some shampoo in your hand and smear it over the length. Simple.

mamaherrera
April 12th, 2016, 04:25 PM
I'm taking it that Joico no longer makes their "chelating" shampoo? I cant [find it anywhere?

meteor
April 12th, 2016, 04:35 PM
I'm taking it that Joico no longer makes their "chelating" shampoo? I cant [find it anywhere?

Joico Clarifying is a Chelating shampoo. That's why they market it for salon use before/after chemical treatments, swimming and for dealing with chlorine, minerals, and hard water: http://www.joico.com/products/k-pak-clarifying-shampoo-2/

Groovy Granny
April 12th, 2016, 04:54 PM

Joico Clarifying is a Chelating shampoo. That's why they market it for salon use before/after chemical treatments, swimming and for dealing with chlorine, minerals, and hard water: http://www.joico.com/products/k-pak-clarifying-shampoo-2/

Meteor found it :thumbsup:

Amazon has it; I just got the 33.8 oz size

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E6EME4?keywords=joico%20shampoo&qid=1443883456&ref_=nav_signin&sr=8-23

mamaherrera
April 12th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Got it!! They used to make two separate ones: chelate and clarify. I drove all around town looking for the chelating one, and for nothing. The clarifying one was five minutes from my house. Oh well. I got the Regis line of their clarifying. .. .hope it's just as good!

littlestarface
April 12th, 2016, 05:14 PM
Got it!! They used to make two separate ones: chelate and clarify. I drove all around town looking for the chelating one, and for nothing. The clarifying one was five minutes from my house. Oh well. I got the Regis line of their clarifying. .. .hope it's just as good!

its the chelating one they just renamed it clarifying for some weird reason and added more ingredients for some other ungodly reason. Im trying to find the original formula one.

Groovy Granny
April 12th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Oh no...that's too bad!
You can't go wrong with Joico :thumbsup:

Groovy Granny
April 12th, 2016, 05:18 PM
its the chelating one they just renamed it clarifying for some weird reason and added more ingredients for some other ungodly reason. Im trying to find the original formula one.

When I joined LHC I caught this conversation; that's the only reason why I knew it was one and the same :wink:
I never heard of clarifying or chelating before LHC, though I had used KPak from a salon ...back in the day.

littlestarface
April 12th, 2016, 05:21 PM
When I joined LHC I caught this conversation; that's the only reason why I knew it was one and the same :wink:
I never heard of clarifying or chelating before LHC, though I had used KPak from a salon ...back in the day.

Yea me too, before i didnt even know what the heck chelating was loool I had to do much research into this stuff.