PDA

View Full Version : Help! Deep conditioner recommendations?

neelgagan16
April 11th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Can someone please recommend me some good deep conditioners. I have fine, straight and oily dark brown hair.

Anje
April 11th, 2016, 01:51 PM
What are you looking for? Do you need moisture? Protein? Extra slip?

Zesty
April 11th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Also where are you located? U.S.? Europe?

Are you set on a store bought DT or would you be interested in a recipe as well?

Anje
April 12th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Maybe an easier question: what is the problem with your hair that makes you want a deep conditioner? Is it crispy? Breaking? Dull? Limp? Stretchy? Dry and splitty?

Chocowalnut
April 12th, 2016, 08:41 PM
I really love the HASK macadamia oil deep conditioner pack. It's purple and you should be able to get it at Sallys. Aphogee 2-step protein treatment is good if you need protein and moisture. Like the others said, depends what your hair needs. I've found the best deep treatments are very thick and creamy. Also, just putting coconut oil in your hair and letting it sit for a few hours can be a good deep treatment, too. Aussie 3 minute miracle moist and Herbal Essences hello hydration are both very good moisturizing conditioners that add softness and slip, not necessarily deep treatments, but can be left in awhile and be used as one.

Horrorpops
April 13th, 2016, 01:33 AM
I make my own by mixing a nice moisturising conditioner with a spoon of coconut oil and a spoon of honey. I find this is very hydrating to the hair, not too much protein either.

Previously have had good results With elvive deep conditioning treatment for damaged hair - these had a lot more keratin and hydrolysed proteins for when my hair was very damaged from bleach and heat.

Echileruwen
April 13th, 2016, 01:40 AM
I had good results once by using smashed up avocado with a little bit of honey and olive oil. You have to really rinse to get it all off, but it left my hair nice and soft.

lapushka
April 13th, 2016, 05:47 AM
What are you looking for? Do you need moisture? Protein? Extra slip?

Also where are you located? U.S.? Europe?

Are you set on a store bought DT or would you be interested in a recipe as well?

This. ^^

It would be far easier if we knew where you were located, as to what products we could recommend.

Also, what length do you have? Before BSL and you can get away with quite light of a product, after BSL with much drier lengths typically, you *need* plenty of moisture.

More info would be appreciated! :)

cosmic crusader
April 13th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Aussie 3MM Moist. After being no cones for years, this leaves my hair softer and smoother than any of my more complicated concoctions. It's just super easy, quick, and does a good job.