PDA

View Full Version : Odd Hair Phenomena

purpleelephant
April 10th, 2016, 03:24 PM
I'm not sure how else to word it... Sometimes, there are things which happen to hair, for which there is no (easily identifiable, clear cut) explanation. My recent puzzler: a random stripe of light color, in otherwise medium-brown, ashy roots. I did *not* add the color myself, nor did I switch products, or have a major dietary change in the last few weeks. Hmmm....
http://s9.postimg.org/rym7gybdb/IMG_4115.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

MsPharaohMoan
April 10th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Looks like you've got some paler bits around your face too. Pretty!

meteor
April 10th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Awesome! :applause Gorgeous natural highlights! :crush:

Have you always had that difference in color in that area? Or does it happen with sun exposure? Is the texture (and hair strand thickness) the same or different in that area? :)

lapushka
April 10th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Looks like graying to me. I'm going white as well, it is sprinkled throughout. No sign of gray, but white: yep.

Edit: I hope you're not offended. But it does honestly look like grays to me.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 10th, 2016, 03:48 PM
I have a whiter streak in that same area myself. It's rather fun I think :)

spidermom
April 10th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Color variation is normal. I think it looks more blonde than gray.

Arctic
April 10th, 2016, 11:03 PM
Cool! Do you always part your hair like this? How often you do take photos of the top of your head? If this was the first time, it might be the stripe has been there a long time but you never noticed. In any case, very pretty!

ETA: It's probably been there a year at least, seeing it goes down to at least earlobe level (hard to see from this angle) and knowing hair usually takes several months before a change happens (say if someone woul be deficient of nutrition X and then corrects her diet so she will get X plentifully, it will take the body 3-4 or more months before the positive change is visible in the newly grown hair. Same is true on the other side of the coin: if something affects our hair negatively, say a trauma, it will take 2-4 months before the effects can be observed.)

Beborani
April 10th, 2016, 11:14 PM
Don't know about that but you are not a i thickness!

Arctic
April 10th, 2016, 11:18 PM

Agreed, I almost wrote that comment too.

AJNinami
April 11th, 2016, 05:53 AM
I know someone who has a seeming salon highlight right there, but it disappears in the winter time. She has a similar hair color to you, and the streak is near the same color. It's odd but very pretty :)

purpleelephant
April 11th, 2016, 11:37 PM
Thank you all(:

Looks like graying to me. I'm going white as well, it is sprinkled throughout. No sign of gray, but white: yep. Edit: I hope you're not offended. But it does honestly look like grays to me.
Whatever it does, it does :) Not offended at all, just mildly concerned about greying in college.

Cool! Do you always part your hair like this? How often you do take photos of the top of your head? If this was the first time, it might be the stripe has been there a long time but you never noticed.
It's been here consistently for at least three months (the lower parts are bleached, so it just blends with that). My parts are all over, especially with updos. Also, thank you for the perspective on delayed onset effects.

I have a whiter streak in that same area myself. It's rather fun I think

I know someone who has a seeming salon highlight right there, but it disappears in the winter time. She has a similar hair color to you, and the streak is near the same color. It's odd but very pretty
Did they randomly appear too? whoopwhoop! "zebras" unite? :)

the angle may be deceiving; I'm suuuuper thin & fine

CreatureBailey
April 12th, 2016, 06:07 AM
That's not grey it's more like blond-ish. I'm not sure what causes natural highlighs but I might just make researches cause I myself have natural copper highlighs in my hair. :P

HairPlease
April 12th, 2016, 06:12 AM
No way that's gray. You have wonderful blonde highlights in a pretty arrangement. Congratulations.