PDA

View Full Version : Low humidity???

Techmouse
April 7th, 2016, 04:49 PM
OK, so I live in a place where the relative humidity is usually 70%+. In a few weeks, I will be traveling to visit my brother, who lives in a place where the relative humidity is usually less than 30%. I know I'm going to have to change my routine from one that uses a lot of humectants to one that uses more oils, but does anyone have any specific suggestions? I have never dealt with such low humidity levels before.
My current routine is as follows:
Shampoo: Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Shampoo
Conditioner: Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Conditioner
Deep conditioner: Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie
Leave in: Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Original Leave-in Moisturizer
Oil: Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Pure Hair Oil
Cream: Carol's Daughter Marguerite's Magic Restorative Cream
Styling products: Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Shine Pomade and Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Styling Pudding and Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Gel

My hair is curly and tends to be dry. As evidenced by my products, I usually do WCC and LOC. I cannot use sulphates, due to skin issues. Any suggestions for changes to either products or routines are welcome. Thank you in advance for your help.

gthlvrmx
April 7th, 2016, 05:24 PM
Check the dew point as well for your area where you will be staying at. If the dew point is between 45-60F, the humectants should work fine. Anything below 45F gives you a bigger chance of getting the moisture taken out of your hair.

Anje
April 7th, 2016, 06:14 PM
Generally, I think the preference is to use less humectant leave-in products and more oils. If you need more moisture, it's probably better done with a deep treatment (soaking in conditioner is a good standby) that gets fully rinsed out rather than left in the hair.

missmagoo
April 7th, 2016, 10:40 PM
I live in the desert mountains and it is like beyond dry here. I use kinky curly knot today on my hair after its hung out in a towel for a few minutes. Sometimes I use a coney serum on top (garner miracle oil) other times not because of buildup concerns. Sometimes I use avocado oil on top, but my hair is fine and I like to go as long as possible between washes, so sometimes this is too much for me, I also reapply the kckt every day in between washes. I wet my hair a bit and put a tiny amount of the kckt on, obviously misting would have a similar effect.

Wildcat Diva
April 8th, 2016, 04:43 AM
Suggestion: get a fine mist spray bottle. I find putting rose water in mine is especially decadent. Also, I will mist my face with it and then apply some emu oil to my face. I know you didn't ask about that but there ya go.

And I should stay the hell out of giving advice on this thread because I don't know what I am talking about because I live in the most humid place ever.

lapushka
April 8th, 2016, 06:04 AM
I'm big on LOC for styling, and for me it's whenever: winter, summer, spring, fall. It doesn't get particularly humid here (Belgium, tiiiny country) - and it's perfect. Just a coinsize of leave-in, gel and serum and I'm good.