PDA

View Full Version : I have a wave!

PixieP
April 6th, 2016, 05:40 PM
After the perm disaster of 2010 (TM), my hair grew out stick straight. My hair had been around 1c before that when it was long. But after that, mainly 1a.

The last couple of weeks though... I am getting a wave! Singular, yes XD it's only one lock at the front of my face that's started getting wavy. And it's more wavy than my hair was before, and anyway then I got waves in the lengths only, not near the roots.

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t503/misherusedai/C61A4A97-3651-41EB-BB59-CACE411C4625_zpsskwmpnnl.jpg

This is my hair texture how it used to be, and how it's growing out now! Isn't it weird?!

papayatree
April 6th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Congratulations on the milestone. Your natural colour is so much better than that chemical colour. It will look so special when it gets to the ends!

PixieP
April 6th, 2016, 05:56 PM
That's henna... And I still dye my hair with henna. But I have a little regrowth and funky bathroom light... :/

papayatree
April 6th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Sorry about that. It still looks fabulous!

AJNinami
April 6th, 2016, 06:11 PM
Hooray! I'm having the opposite problem, bleach turned my hair curlier! I'm glad you've finally got your first wave back, I'm sure you're excited!

mermaid lullaby
April 6th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Oh! That's a pretty wave!

yahirwaO.o
April 6th, 2016, 10:38 PM
I though it said weave instead of wave.... :p

..... it looks very cool PixieP my texture is getting wavy too, not quite as dramatic but my hair used to be stick straight hair too!

PixieP
April 7th, 2016, 05:58 AM
I'm really excited about it, I've wanted curly or wavy hair my whole life (my mother has amazing curls, but she ruins them by straghtening them every single day!). When my hair got past shoulder before the Perm Disaster (TM) it got 1c type waves in the length, but never up to the roots. I'm so so excited to see if it'll eventually come on my whole head, or just stay on that one lock XD

I have never heard of anyone's hair texture doing such a rapid change in their twenties before without a pregnancy being involved though! So I really don't understand what's going on XD It's happening fast too. It's about a month, a month and a half ago where I noticed I got a weird kink right at my parting, I thought it was from drying in my towel turban at first. But the kink has grown into a whole wave. Exciting times! If it keeps up like this I might end up as a 2a or 2b :O :O :O

school of fish
April 7th, 2016, 06:06 AM
And what a sweet wave it is! Will be interesting for you to see over time how it evolves :)

lapushka
April 7th, 2016, 06:18 AM
Haha! OMG that's so cute! I get weird ringlets in my hair sometimes, on top of my hair to the left, sometimes underneath. It varies in how my hair gets styled, I think.

PixieP
April 7th, 2016, 06:27 AM
I haven't changed up my styling lately, lapushka, and it's steadily growing bigger :D So it does look like it's permanent! *Crosses every bone in her body*

I'll keep you all updated on how it evolves! I'm gonna need to wash my hair today, so I'll be good for once and let it airdry completly to see if there are any other wavelets hiding in there!

Hailwidis
April 7th, 2016, 06:35 AM
Interesting! Do keep us updated. :)

I've always had wavy hair but my wave pattern has varied a lot over the years (from loose ringlets to almost straight). I don't know if it's my hair changing or the way I treat it affecting it. Probably the latter.

Wusel
April 7th, 2016, 10:03 AM
SOOO cute. :crush:
I want that wave too!!! :inlove: