PDA

View Full Version : Hair is thinner on one side of my head

ruppknupp
April 6th, 2016, 04:08 PM
I have kind of a baffling problem with my hair that's been bothering me for a while and I'm hoping someone here can maybe shed some light on this.

Overall I'm quite happy with my hair - it's pretty healthy and easy to manage.
However,it is considerably thinner on the right side of my head.I have noticed this especially since I've been growing out my undercut.It's also a little drier/frizzier/wavier on that side.
My only explanation for this mystery is that I am (and always have been) sleeping on my right side and that the pressure or friction from the pillow causes the thinning.I also don't move a lot in my sleep, so I'm guessing that the right side of my head is lying on the pillow for hours and hours.I've been using a satin bathrobe as a pillowcase recently:lol: and I'm hoping that this is eventually going to help:shrug:.
The right side of my hair has just never been the same as the left.As mentioned above, dryness and so on.

Does anyone else have this problem?I realise that hair texture or thickness can vary on different scalp areas, but I've never really heard from anyone with a similar issue where it's not just a small area.

I'm a newbie and any advice, ideas or even just a hi from fellow "pillow-victims" (if the pillow is indeed the culprit) would be greatly appreciated:)

lillielil
April 6th, 2016, 04:11 PM
I'm pretty sure this is normal. I remember discovering when I was 7 that my braids were different thicknesses, and checking over and over to make sure my part was straight all the way back (it was). My hair is also wavier on one side. No one is perfectly symmetrical, and it stands to reason that no one's hair is either.

lapushka
April 6th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Yeah, it's normal. I have this too. Plenty of people do. And there's really no explanation for it, either. It's just like that. There's no culprit like a pillow or the way you sleep or anything...

gthlvrmx
April 6th, 2016, 04:24 PM
It's normal to have one side thinner than the other. I am unsure about the dryness, just try give it more moisture if you feel it's too dry (so damp oiling after washing or SMT could work).

Garnetgem
April 6th, 2016, 04:28 PM
I too have one side thinner than the other its something i have always been aware of..

ruppknupp
April 6th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Ok, this kind of eases my mind...I was just wondering because I've never really heard anyone talk about this and I thought I was doing something wrong.Seems there's nothing I can do then,I'll just have to accept it:undecided

Thank you for all the fast replies,guys,you're awesome!