PDA

View Full Version : Help with hair for Swing dancing? Or social dancing in general?

Youngjae
April 6th, 2016, 02:53 AM
Hiya lovelies! I have not been on here in so long but I thought I would drop in as I am in quite a pickle. Thing is, I started Lindy hop lessons at the start of this year and next month there is going to be a ball/social dance. Everyone is getting dolled up and many of the ladies sport some wonderful vintage hairstyles! I naturally would like to join in too but after my many hours of googling I haven't found any updos that work with my past tailbone slippery hair!!! I was wondering if any of you ladies had any ideas of something that would work for me??? I would prefer to have a full updo since I do not wish to whip anyone with my hair during swingouts:o
Thanks so much!!!!

Simsy
April 6th, 2016, 03:25 AM
Braided bun, cornet braids, beehive (I saw a thread with a braided version in the last couple of days), looped braid, twin braids, twin buns...

Personally, the braided beehive sounds really cool, and would fit the theme? I would love to see pictures of what you decide to do :grin:

parkmikii
April 6th, 2016, 05:47 AM
Seconding the braided beehive! I'm wearing one at the moment and it's my 3rd day with it and it still looks decent :D