PDA

View Full Version : The Metal MV that inspired me

Olafwa
April 6th, 2016, 12:13 AM
So way back when, before I had seriously started to grow my hair long, my sister's SO was sharing with us his love of metal music. Being open minded when it comes to music, I watched all the MVs he would recommend. Sometimes I liked it, other times I didn't. One particularly epic song caught my attention for not just it's sick guitar and dramatic lyrics. The guys of this band have some of the most luxurious hair ever! Herman Li (the Asian guy) especially has hair that inspired me. Seeing his long locks fly around his guitar had me wanting to grow mine out. This random metal band had finally gotten me to seriously consider growing my hair past tailbone. I thought I would share with you all, the MV that started it for me. Hopefully it helps keep you inspired to keep growing, as well as it's just cool to see so many guys being badass with their awesome long hair. Screw you society! ;)

Through the Fire and the Flames - DragonForce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s

TL;DR - Random metal band inspired me to grow my hair long.

morrigan*
April 6th, 2016, 11:30 AM
He has great hair. I decided to grow my hair out when i saw Simone from Epica live. Then i had similar bright orange colored hair, but just between shoulder and apl.

Ligeia Noire
April 7th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Love Simone's hair, so thick and that colour uau, it is really beautiful but there is a Columbian female guitar player or bassist cannot recall, man this Columbian girl had the most massive curly hair that I have ever seen and it was probably knee length, is was bloody incredible!

morrigan*
April 7th, 2016, 11:19 AM
That sounds like lions mane.
I saw Eluveitie few years ago and i remember females had long beautiful hair.

Elizabeth E
April 9th, 2018, 05:43 AM
That's one of the main reasons I decided to grow my hair out - when I first discovered the music, I thought, "Wow, most of these guys have got longer, more beautiful hair than me and I'm a [I]girl[I]!" ha ha! Well, here are some incredible heads of hair I've seen while discovering new bands:
Basically everyone in the band Ignea have got amazing hair. The vocalist's is waist-length and red, while the keyboardist's...is a straight, silky TBL!
The vocalist from Gormathon has blonde, knee-length hair. Looks a little unkept, but that sort of fits with his fantasy warrior looks.
The vocalist and bassist from Immolation has dark brown, classic-length hair - how he keeps it out of his bass' strings, remains a mystery to me.
Metal MV's surely are weird but nice places for hairspiration!

EdG
April 9th, 2018, 09:58 AM
I have to admit that I have been watching "80s/90s Power Ballad" playlists on Youtube. This kind of metal music was popular when I was in my twenties. I re-discovered it via Youtube, and it still sounds like very good music even to this fifty-something.

We need to bring back hair metal. :rockerdud
Ed

chiapommama
April 9th, 2018, 02:23 PM
Definitely . That lead singer has got some awesome hair too. Love the waves. Nothing wrong with men having long hair. I was a metalhead in my teens, and loved the hair & music, and still do, and I'm 41.Makes me so nostalgic.

Todd
April 9th, 2018, 08:17 PM
I like the singer's hair in this video. Danny Cecati. He's since grown his hair much longer but it no longer has the blunt ends I so like as in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3FusB1-EL0

Glitch
April 9th, 2018, 11:50 PM
I like the singer's hair in this video. Danny Cecati. He's since grown his hair much longer but it no longer has the blunt ends I so like as in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3FusB1-EL0

I just really love how all these singers fully enjoy their hair and just let it be. It's so beautiful and inspiring! Flowing in the wind and all, gosh. :crush:

TreesOfEternity
May 18th, 2018, 06:44 AM
Not a music video but the singer Aleah from Trees Of Eternity (thus my username).