PDA

View Full Version : Hair timeline for future reference [long / pic heavy / a bit weird and colourful]

Centaurée
April 5th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Hey! :pizza:

I figured that since I'm a newbie I could show my hair and the colours I've had. As you can see, my colours really are in the cold end of the rainbow :)
I've got plenty of olaplex and coconut oil at home, I'm so ready!

My hair looks like this since I've been to the hairdresser for the first time in like 6 years (a month ago). I don't know what she did to my hair, she was only supposed to do my roots. I'm pretty pissed off but at least I know I won't go to the hairdresser anymore. :rant:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/17975312823296102089701426795853253993389337039469 o.jpg

Here's my timeline, hope you enjoy it!

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/266655hairhistory.jpg

Also you can see that the state of my hair is closely related to my mental health. When I was 17, my father died from lung cancer and I couldn't take care of my hair anymore so I just cut it short. When I got better, I buzzed it all off to take a fresh start with life. :scissors:
Today, I'm happy where I'm at and I'm headed in the right direction to have the job I've always wanted, I just have to keep on working. I'm pretty sure that it goes with my wish to let my hair grow? It's weird how hair is affected by how you live your life and what happens.
I also cut my hair a bunch of times since I've reached chin length even though my hair grows rather fast because I really wanted to start with even layers.
Today I'm at 24 cm and my goal is waist (94 cm). I'm rather short (1m60), so at least I don't have to grow much more than that.

I bleached my hair once and after that I only faded to switch colours.
My favourite hair so far was the pastel blue/violet/grey that my turquoise/purple/pink faded to ! :heartbeat

Also: I have a lot of trouble understanding my type of hair because curls form on the underside when I'm at shoulder length and before that they're waves. :hmm: Also sometimes, my hair randomly goes into wurly mode ??? and I can't really control it. I think it's how I dry it. Haven't figured it out. Also I know I'm almost never at full density because I'm stressed out by the student life (a.k.a no money life) When I was 16 it was pretty close to my full density I think but I still had some layers here and here now that I see it.

About the muddy hair I've got now: It's no biggie, I'm just letting it fade at the moment and once it's faded I can dye again but it just sucks to have pastel bleu/greenish hair and just having to wait! I'm doing fake crown braids to distract from the colour haha.

PS: don't worry about my dirty/scratched face I was acting in a short film!! I didn't get involved in a fight or something I promise!

Wusel
April 5th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Hey! :pizza:

I figured that since I'm a newbie I could show my hair and the colours I've had. As you can see, my colours really are in the cold end of the rainbow :)
I've got plenty of olaplex and coconut oil at home, I'm so ready!

My hair looks like this since I've been to the hairdresser for the first time in like 6 years (a month ago). I don't know what she did to my hair, she was only supposed to do my roots. I'm pretty pissed off but at least I know I won't go to the hairdresser anymore. :rant:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/17975312823296102089701426795853253993389337039469 o.jpg

Here's my timeline, hope you enjoy it!

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/266655hairhistory.jpg

Also you can see that the state of my hair is closely related to my mental health. When I was 17, my father died from lung cancer and I couldn't take care of my hair anymore so I just cut it short. When I got better, I buzzed it all off to take a fresh start with life. :scissors:
Today, I'm happy where I'm at and I'm headed in the right direction to have the job I've always wanted, I just have to keep on working. I'm pretty sure that it goes with my wish to let my hair grow? It's weird how hair is affected by how you live your life and what happens.
I also cut my hair a bunch of times since I've reached chin length even though my hair grows rather fast because I really wanted to start with even layers.
Today I'm at 24 cm and my goal is waist (94 cm). I'm rather short (1m60), so at least I don't have to grow much more than that.

I bleached my hair once and after that I only faded to switch colours.
My favourite hair so far was the pastel blue/violet/grey that my turquoise/purple/pink faded to ! :heartbeat

Also: I have a lot of trouble understanding my type of hair because curls form on the underside when I'm at shoulder length and before that they're waves. :hmm: Also sometimes, my hair randomly goes into wurly mode ??? and I can't really control it. I think it's how I dry it. Haven't figured it out. Also I know I'm almost never at full density because I'm stressed out by the student life (a.k.a no money life) When I was 16 it was pretty close to my full density I think but I still had some layers here and here now that I see it.

About the muddy hair I've got now: It's no biggie, I'm just letting it fade at the moment and once it's faded I can dye again but it just sucks to have pastel bleu/greenish hair and just having to wait! I'm doing fake crown braids to distract from the colour haha.

PS: don't worry about my dirty/scratched face I was acting in a short film!! I didn't get involved in a fight or something I promise!

YOU ARE PRETTY!!! SOOO PRETTY!!! :thud:
You have the face of a cover girl. I mean it. If Karl Lagerfeld saw you he'd grab you and throw you on a catwalk.

Anya15
April 5th, 2016, 11:11 AM
I love your colours!! All of them!! :)

And as Wusel said. YOU ARE VERY PRETTY! :)

Sarahm
April 5th, 2016, 11:15 AM
I love the James Dean phase :D

Well, it seems like you've been through a lot in your life. Indeed, (mental) health issues have a detrimental effect on your hair.. So I hope you're doing better now.

Anyway, I think what you describe as 'muddy' hair looks really creative. And I'm convinced that you can pull off anything.

Thank you btw for sharing your story :)

Sarahm
April 5th, 2016, 11:16 AM
I'm kind of curious about the job, too :D

Centaurée
April 5th, 2016, 01:08 PM
YOU ARE PRETTY!!! SOOO PRETTY!!! :thud:
You have the face of a cover girl. I mean it. If Karl Lagerfeld saw you he'd grab you and throw you on a catwalk.

:o I'm so flattered I can't even :inlove: thank you so much! I think I'm bright red now. Must clash horribly with the green :cloud9:

I love your colours!! All of them!! :)

And as Wusel said. YOU ARE VERY PRETTY! :)

Thank you again!! I'm so happy you people made my day

I love the James Dean phase :D

Well, it seems like you've been through a lot in your life. Indeed, (mental) health issues have a detrimental effect on your hair.. So I hope you're doing better now.

Anyway, I think what you describe as 'muddy' hair looks really creative. And I'm convinced that you can pull off anything.

Thank you btw for sharing your story :)

I'm kind of curious about the job, too :D

Thank you ! The James Dean phase was very funny because I would be called "young man" and I loved it.
I'm better now, I have found peace, even if it's not perfect it's a start.
I want to be a director, I make short films. I recently won a prize for a short, I'm currently making the subtitles to make it available to english-speaking people.

Sarahm
April 5th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Thank you ! The James Dean phase was very funny because I would be called "young man" and I loved it.
I'm better now, I have found peace, even if it's not perfect it's a start.
I want to be a director, I make short films. I recently won a prize for a short, I'm currently making the subtitles to make it available to english-speaking people.

Reminds me of my friend Maud. She has short, dark hair and she likes wearing men's clothing. And although I think her face and gestures are quite feminine, most men thinks she's a boy. But she likes playing with gender so she doesn't mind, either :D.
Oh, really? Interesting! I studied literature and linguistics with a minor in film and theatre. What is the title of your film? And the style? I speak French because I'm Belgian, so..

Centaurée
April 5th, 2016, 01:59 PM
@Sarahm [ Click here ] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--8lQs7VVJs) for my short (in french)!

I'm genderqueer so it was easier for me to be androgynous with short hair but I just love long hair so much! I think hair plays a big part in this but if I'm pissed off by the length I'll just throw a beanie on and it's going to be invisible :) and also very surprising if I take it down :D

lapushka
April 5th, 2016, 02:13 PM
I like the blue in the bottom right picture a lot! OMG what the heck happened at the salon? :shocked:

Sarahm
April 5th, 2016, 02:15 PM
I really love it! Is it you in the film?

Haha, that's true! And I think it's quite uninspiring to have a binary conception of gender, anyway.

Centaurée
April 5th, 2016, 04:46 PM
I like the blue in the bottom right picture a lot! OMG what the heck happened at the salon? :shocked:

Thanks I like it too! Regarding the dye, I'm pretty sure the hairdresser was very confused with my hair and tried to use a product that didn't belong on semi-permanent hair colour because I felt she did something before shampooing.

I really love it! Is it you in the film?

Haha, that's true! And I think it's quite uninspiring to have a binary conception of gender, anyway.

I'm the girl who gets assaulted and the girl at 3:48!
I love honestly anyone with long hair because it's fascinating to watch, plus habits are changing when it comes to hair!! Men with long hair are in :)

MlleMC
April 6th, 2016, 06:07 AM
@Sarahm [ Click here ] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--8lQs7VVJs) for my short (in french)!

I liked your film. I really wondered if it was reality or fiction until I read the description. (I'm French Canadian by the way).

-Huldra-
April 6th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Love the different colors, you look really good with those cooler tones :)

Centaurée
April 7th, 2016, 05:37 AM
@MlleMC thank you!
@-Huldra- Thanks, I think I couldn't pull off anything warmer if I tried haha