PDA

View Full Version : Big Forehead Club

lithostoic
April 4th, 2016, 10:48 PM
Whether it's tall, wide, receded, or all 3 -- big foreheads can be a struggle. We're taught from day 1 that they're undesirable and many (most) of us had bangs/fringe while we were still in diapers!

I've created this thread for those of us with large foreheads to discuss minimizing tricks, how to embrace your look, experiences involving your large forehead, and other related topics. I think a lot of us are quite self conscious of it and this thread could be very positive and helpful!

Personally I really struggle with my image because of it, even though I think many others look great with a large forehead. I just think mine's excessive in every measure, and I've had years of saddening comments to back that up. I'm hoping this thread will help me overcome that, even though I look bald when I do updos :P

Frankenstein
April 4th, 2016, 10:56 PM
I belong here :D Will be watching this thread.

Llama
April 4th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Deleted (deleted)

embee
April 5th, 2016, 05:19 AM
I belong here too. Bangs all through childhood. Nasty comments from mom. And a hairdresser (when I was adult) about "we have to do something about this!" - like she was going to bash it in or paint it! Nasty thoughts of bangs resurfaced and I fled.

I've embraced the high forehead look.

Nesoi
April 5th, 2016, 06:40 AM
I've got a total fivehead. You could project movies onto it. I don't care! I need somewhere to keep my big brain ;)

Jumper
April 5th, 2016, 06:43 AM
My giant forehead goes with my giant head.

It doesn't bother me though.

LadyCelestina
April 5th, 2016, 07:10 AM
My forehead is huge, but my jawline is larger - this leaves me with a forehead that looks short but is still huge. I embrace it and wear my hair off my face - it looks more in proportion then. I have a hard time accepting my facial bone structure though :(.

summergame
April 5th, 2016, 08:12 AM
I have a large forhead also! Never bangs again for me! If they don't like it, so it will be.

lithostoic
April 5th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Here's a tip for y'all. Any of you have baby hairs/hairline that's lighter than your actual hair? Use one of those root touch up kits to match them. Makes a huge difference. My hair is brown and my baby hairs are white so my forehead ends up looking even bigger than it is!

Qz
April 5th, 2016, 11:30 AM
I too belong here, I hate my forehead. I also hate bangs but have had the blasted things all of my life more or less and probably always will. In my case there's no other cure for it...

Anje
April 5th, 2016, 11:57 AM
I don't belong here -- if anything my forehead is on the short side. But I thought it was worth saying that to me, tall foreheads always looked intelligent. Show them with pride!

bjr
April 5th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Here's a tip for y'all. Any of you have baby hairs/hairline that's lighter than your actual hair? Use one of those root touch up kits to match them. Makes a huge difference. My hair is brown and my baby hairs are white so my forehead ends up looking even bigger than it is!

oh my gosh yes!! Will be trying this. Whenever I complain about my forehead, my husband always say, "If only people could see your baby hairs!"

Wusel
April 5th, 2016, 02:50 PM
I don't belong here -- if anything my forehead is on the short side. But I thought it was worth saying that to me, tall foreheads always looked intelligent. Show them with pride!

That's what my parents taught me when I was a kid: people with big foreheads are intelligent. :)
Because there's a ton of brain behind it.

Nettyx
April 5th, 2016, 03:02 PM
I've a big forehead too. For me bangs are a necessity or I look like I am playing one of those nutty professor type people, or conehead. However this means I have already embraced the fringe/bangs which also covers up forehead wrinkles and makes my eyes look larger too. Result.

Apparently Rita Hayworth plucked/electrolysed her hairline to give herself a bigger forehead....I'm not sure what to make of that.

-Huldra-
April 5th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Mine isn't that bad, but I've got a rather long face in general, so my forehead makes it even longer. I have tried cutting bangs many times, but my faceshape doesn't look too good with them, so I always end up regretting it. Lately I've just begun to accept it :)

ChloeDharma
April 6th, 2016, 06:07 AM
I have a huge forehead and I've learned to like it. I don't have a fringe and wear my hair slicked back off my face nearly all the time. I have had many comments over the years, my sisters have said the way I way my hair makes me look like a hard faced b*tch, combined with the fact I just have one of those moody faces and often don't smile. I have even been called a klingon (star trek reference). I'm fine with this and appart from one time in 2005 when my sister convinced my to try a fringe which was a huge disaster, I wear my exposed big forehead with pride. I like that I don't feel the need to view it as unattractive just because there's a trend these days to think foreheads are bad. I mean compare that to Elizabethan times when hairlines were plucked to give the appearance of high foreheads and you see just how silly these ideas are.
I have also heard the intelligence thing which made a nice change.

lapushka
April 6th, 2016, 06:40 AM
Mwah, medium forehead here. I wouldn't call it particularly big. Of course, it seems bigger when you don't have bangs but it's not outrageous. So... :shrug:

ruppknupp
April 6th, 2016, 09:36 AM
My forehead is gigantic and I've inherited a receding hairline from my father, so it looks like I'm going bald when I push my hair back.
A boy in high school once called me "alien head"...since then I've been a lot more self-conscious about it, I'd never realized it was that noticeable:(
I always used to have bangs, but I'm growing them out since I've come to terms with my massive head and forehead.My mother also always tells me the intelligence thing:)

Magalo
April 6th, 2016, 10:21 AM
I have a huuuuuge forehead too, it's been hidden with bangs pretty much all my life (except when I was 8-12 years old)... If I need to push my bangs on the side because they are dirty, I fill my hairline with eyeshadow. :p