PDA

View Full Version : 3-Year Anniversary?

endersworld
April 1st, 2016, 12:35 PM
Today I looked on Timehop, and found that today marks the three-year anniversary of the first time I ever made a social media post about my hair! I was apparently really psyched because it had grown so much. Three years later after being at around 25", I'm now at 41.25", which is nearly Classic, and still growing!

Attached is my post, as well as comparison photos from the closest timeframes I can find them. :D I thought I would share, not only in celebration of how far I've come, but also hopefully as inspiration to anyone who's just beginning! I may end up maintaining at Classic soon, but am so excited to look back on where this journey has taken me and to see where it can go!

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv13/emily_driver2/b394e05e-9827-4183-94b5-7e23cab5a7fa_zps85rwagus_1.png http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv13/emily_driver2/4a6b9d2d-dcf3-4b25-b649-240641f73b60_zpsddy7blr7_1.jpg http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv13/emily_driver2/ada287dd-5958-4ad5-9120-6effb584b690_zpszh2a0d6h.jpg http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv13/emily_driver2/3adefbae-9377-4c50-b230-869f35c29514_zpsikxtilam.jpg

(I should probably also note that, in reading the comments, I discovered that this was the first time someone asked if my hair was being donated. It's also the first time I had to politely tell someone "no" to that question; it's happened a lot more since then, and especially since I hit waist length.)

DarkChocolate
April 1st, 2016, 01:26 PM
Beautiful endersworld:) What do you think made your hair grow so quickly?

I have been stalled at just above waist length for 5 years or so.

-Huldra-
April 1st, 2016, 01:32 PM
Beautiful hair, it looks so nice and healthy :D

Wusel
April 1st, 2016, 01:51 PM

Same here! Would really like to know what made it grow so fast
It's incredibly fast growth! Tell us please! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Mirabele
April 1st, 2016, 01:59 PM
Your hair is amazing!!! Looks like the longer it gets the more healthy and beautiful it becomes!!

samanthaa
April 1st, 2016, 02:05 PM
Your hair is beautiful! So thick and healthy looking! Happy three-year!

lapushka
April 1st, 2016, 02:55 PM
Amazing progress. :thumbsup:

And I hope I can say this at all, but... have you lost weight?

meteor
April 1st, 2016, 03:19 PM
Amazing and incredibly fast progress! :thud: Congratulations, endersworld! :joy:

Gosh, your hair is so beautiful! :applause Happy Hairiversary!!! :cake: :blossom:

endersworld
April 1st, 2016, 08:14 PM
Thanks so much, everyone!! I was honestly really astonished - it was one of those things where I hadn't looked through old pictures in ages, and while I know my hair is longer than it used to be, it actually hit me that my hair is longer than it used to be. It's ended up taking me until about three months ago to reach 38", but I also had a couple of good trims in between then and now, as well as a big stall at one point.

Well, I was living on campus, and didn't have a car, and ran out of shampoo and conditioner about halfway through August, and kept forgetting to buy more, so at that point, I was working off a water-only hair washing system. I guess my hair's natural oils worked really well for it. I only went back to shampoo in August of 2013 because my dad made the remark that my hair smelled 'weird' (I'm anosmic, so I can't tell whether I smell or not. Therefore, I'm really sensitive to how others think I smell), which is when I told him I hadn't been using shampoo. Looking back, I had a major stall right around waist for about a year, which is also right about when I switched back to using shampoo on a regular basis. I can't help feeling these factors are connected, but I'm also not sure how to go back to WO without smelling 'weird'.

Amazing progress. :thumbsup:

And I hope I can say this at all, but... have you lost weight?

I have! That, and I had an awful habit of slouching whenever I sat. Being in the mountains for school and being in marching band meant I had killer calves, but dining hall food meant that the rest of me was a bit larger than I'd like. Moving off campus meant a lot of sandwiches and not as much dining hall grease, which helped a lot in the weight field. Then, I took up martial arts back in September, and it's done wonders for my general stamina, as well as losing a bit more fat and replacing it with muscle. :D

papayatree
April 1st, 2016, 08:21 PM
Congratulations on three years! You definitely have better hair now than you did then. It looks so much prettier now!

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
April 1st, 2016, 11:17 PM
:applause Amazing growth! And that pic with you and the guitar is just so charming, I love it!

Groovy Granny
April 2nd, 2016, 11:54 AM
Congrats ~ your hair is beautiful :)

Medievalmaniac
April 2nd, 2016, 12:25 PM
Congratulations on a wonderful hair journey so far! :)

A.D.
April 3rd, 2016, 11:10 PM
congrats. Looks healthy & full