PDA

View Full Version : Split Ends...

ssjhotau2
October 15th, 2008, 12:25 PM
What exactly causes it?

I had decent length right before I joined this site, and the day before I came here I got my hair "slightly" layered... worst haircut I've ever received and I had to get several MORE inches off in an attempt to fix it. This was all between the first and second week of August.

I already have ALOT of split ends.
I haven't used a blowdryer since I joined and my hair is usually in a pony tail or bun. I use coconut oil several times a day and I use a comb, not a brush... I thought I was doing well. :(
I'm getting my hair trimmed on the 17th, even up some of the layers and get rid of the split ends, but is there anyway I can avoid doing this in the future? I don't want to have to trim my hair every 2 months.

spidermom
October 15th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Have you read the split ends article (articles section) by teacherbear (if memory serves, and sometimes it doesn't)? I'm doing the very best that I can to avoid split ends, but I still get them. Taking even more care with my hair would push me from neurotic to insane, I fear, so I'm going to accept things as they are and live in peace with my splits, for the most part. When a split or knot announces itself to me, I cut it off.

ssjhotau2
October 15th, 2008, 12:42 PM
I only did a search for split ends to see if there were other threads that I could read, but nothing specific cameup, I'll look for the article, thank you.