PDA

View Full Version : Washing hair everyday?

neelgagan16
March 29th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Hello everyone. I am new here. I am from India and have oily, fine, straight and naturally dark brown hair. I have gone through many threads in this community. Everyone recommends not to wash hair everyday but I cannot do that. I have super oily hair. If I don't wash my hair every 24 hrs it gets oily then I start getting dandruff and then my hair falls like crazy.
I cannot skip hair wash. I used to have very thick hair but because I used sometimes skip washing everyday, I had a horrible phase of hairfall. Now I am scared to extend hair washes for more than 24 hrs. Please help me.

lillielil
March 29th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Does washing your hair every day work for you? If so, wash your hair every day.

I do. Tried to stretch washes forever, and it was horrible. Maybe my hair will not get as long as it would otherwise, but at least when I wash frequently I enjoy it. What would the point be of having super-long hair if I hated how it looked and felt?

Nadine <3
March 29th, 2016, 02:37 PM
Scalp health comes way before the health of your hair. You cannot have healthy hair if your scalp is a mess. Use a good conditioner and a good leave in, maybe some oil on your ends to protect them and you'll be fine.

neelgagan16
March 29th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Yes it works for me! And I agree with you. My only concern is that I plan to grow my hair till TBL and when it gets that long it will be difficult for me to wash my hair every day.

neelgagan16
March 29th, 2016, 02:40 PM
You are right. I do use conditioners but leave ins. Can you suggest me some?

sarahthegemini
March 29th, 2016, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. Some people on here like to scare people because they think they know best. At the end of the day, if your hair needs washing every day - so be it. I bought into the whole 'you must stretch washes if you want nice hair 'crap and honestly, the whole time I was miserable. My hair never adjusted, so my choices were: have healthier/less damaged hair that looks disgusting AF most of the time, or have clean hair that gets a little bit more damaged but actually doesn't look like an oil slick. So guess what I chose ; ) Besides, what's the point having super healthy hair if it looks like s*** all the time.

missblueeyes
March 29th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Yes it works for me! And I agree with you. My only concern is that I plan to grow my hair till TBL and when it gets that long it will be difficult for me to wash my hair every day.

If you fear you'll struggle to wash your hair daily at that length you might want to look into scalp washes. It's a technique where you only wash the scalp and the rest of the hair stays dry. It sounds like it could help you out a lot. :)

yogagirl
March 29th, 2016, 02:57 PM
It sounds like you may have seborrheic dermatitis (SD). It's not a huge deal, but it means you have to listen to your scalp and make it happy if you want to avoid itchiness, dandruff and increased shedding. If that means daily washes, then you need to do that. You may want to try a medicated shampoo. Either with a prescription from the dermatologist or just regular Head & Shoulders. I have mild SD and Head & Shoulders works fine for me!

Regarding your length, you can try scalp only washes where you keep your braid or bun dry and only wash your scalp. Another option would be CWC where you add conditioner to your length first (do not rinse), then shampoo your scalp and rinse scalp and length, then condition again. These are the two best ways to keep length protected form daily washes.

Good luck! You will find a way that will work for you, even if it takes some trial and error.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 29th, 2016, 03:02 PM
If that's what works for you, then so be it. It's not the end of the world. Be as gentle as you can and protect your hair from damage as best you can. Scalp only washes sound like a great idea - I have recently begun doing them myself. Most of all, you need to ENJOY your hair. :)

lapushka
March 29th, 2016, 03:06 PM
If that's what your scalp needs, wash every day. It's not worth it. How long/short is your hair right now? I have oily hair as well, and needed to wash 2/3 times a week until my hair got around BSL and by then I could stretch to a week. I doubt though, that if your scalp is that reactive that you will be able to stretch with length.

czech it out
March 29th, 2016, 03:12 PM
I wash my hair daily as well - in fact it's still drying from my daily wash at the moment. :) I second and third the recommendation of scalp washing! I just started alternating scalp washes with regular washes a few months ago and that has been working well for me. It lets me wash my scalp every day without having to wet and then detangle my whole length as well.

Deborah
March 29th, 2016, 03:56 PM
We are all different. My hair does great on one wash per week, some do better a couple times a week, some every day.

Scalp washing has already been suggested, and may be a good way for you to not have to wash all your hair every day. With a little practice it is easy and fast to do, and the hair dries much faster than when you wash all of it. Try it!

Best of luck with whatever you do. :flower:

Christine_O
March 29th, 2016, 04:07 PM
I have psoriasis, and have to wash with special shampoo and conditioner every day. I tried extending washes, and ended up with an itchy face, and lots of hair fallout. I can occasionally skip a day, but that's it.
Do what you need to.

Zesty
March 29th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Yep, scalp washing would be a good thing to try IMO, as has been suggested. Also what are you using to cleanse your scalp? I found that when I discovered the right shampoo I was able to go longer between washes without flakes etc.

BUT nevertheless, there is nothing wrong with daily washing, especially if that's what your scalp needs! Do not disregard your scalp! (There are plenty of people who have learned the hard way.)

Nadine <3
March 29th, 2016, 04:25 PM
You are right. I do use conditioners but leave ins. Can you suggest me some?

My favorite leave in is raw cocoa butter whipped with almond oil to make a cream consistency. I use a scrape of that and then a pump of a silicone filled serum from Garnier. My hair LOVES IT.

Mimha
March 29th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Daily washing is a modern habit, of a period of human history in which hot water is easily available, and in which the industry has understood that the best way to make profit is to make the customer dependent of their products. Unfortunately, the more you wash your hair with soapy stuff, the more often you disrupt your scalp balance in term of microbiote, pH, and natural oily film. Every time you wash, you cancel the sebum protective action. This makes your scalp produce more sebum to compensate the loss. This also makes the scalp vulnerable to undesired micro-organisms, such as yeasts and other itch inducing infections. So the more you wash... the more you need to wash, both to get rid of the extra sebum, and to keep the itching away. It's a vicious circle because if you don't, your hair becomes unbearably greasy and itchy. If this is your case, it means you are a victim of modern life and your scalp balance is totally disrupted.

The human being has not come to this world with a bottle of shampoo. Well, I don't mean that going water-only is for everyone, but I do think that washing your hair every day with a soapy product is damaging your scalp balance, which is then extremely difficult to get back to its original equilibrium. I can attest from this because I am fighting against an intestinal flora dysbiosis and yeast infestation. I had to completely change my diet in order to re-establish my body pH and reduce the yeast infestation, and to take probiotics to bring back the beneficial bacterias that had been overwhelmed by the infection. It took YEARS of strict low carb diet (with the unexpected benefit of an amazing increase of my hair quality, by the way). It is the same with the scalp balance : it can take very long to restore it. Spacing washes may not be enough : if you have a tendency to itching - which most probably means that you have a yeast prone field - your full body balance is probably involved. If you don't restore it by a drastic change of life and diet, it will be an endless fight.

The problem in our modern world is that the solutions proposed are always to add something to the problems : here, to buy more products to fight the disaster, instead of just stopping what is the cause of the problem, in this case the disruption of the scalp balance by too much washing. It is so much easier to buy a lovely conditioner or an anti-fugal stuff... and so much more profitable to the industry !

Hairkay
March 29th, 2016, 07:20 PM
I'm used to daily washing. I grew up with it. I do WO washes. It takes the coldest days of winter for me to change to washing every 2/3 days. My curls look best after a wash.

Anya15
March 29th, 2016, 08:28 PM
I think some people just need daily washes. Plus you have fine, straight hair-an added factor. I used to be able to stretch washes for a week when I had long hair, but my hair texture is different. You can try out the CWC method and scalp washes as others have suggested =)

arr
March 29th, 2016, 08:33 PM
I wash every other day, very occasionally every third day if I have nowhere to be that morning. I too tried stretching washes when I first joined LHC. It was terrible, my scalp hated it because I just produce a lot of oil and I hate having oily hair. My hair hated it because it would feel dried out after 3 or more days. Now I'm so much happier since I just prefer fresh washed hair, my hair and scalp are happy and guess what? My hair is not damaged or unhealthy as is reported will probably occur. My hair is long, thick, no splits, no extreme hair loss, no frizz once it's dry. It's just fine, and I use regular sulfate shampoo and even use silicones lately.

I think it's fine to experiment with different techniques and ideas, but ultimately just do what works for you.

pailin
March 29th, 2016, 09:20 PM
I am a daily washer too. Washing daily keeps my scalp from itching, and keeps me from having all of those second-day disgusting hair days. People will always tell you that if you keep stretching washes, your scalp will adjust, and I guess for some people that is true. I used to do that, and after months at a time of merely stretching to every-other-day, it never did. It remained greasy at my scalp and stuck to my head on day two, with the length staticky and dry! No matter how long I tried. The few times I'd push it to every third day were absolutely intolerable. Also I have dark blonde hair, and greasy roots change the color so that it tends to look almost like I bleached it and need to do my roots! Even though it's my natural color.
In addition, it's hot here, especially at this time of year, and I sweat a LOT, including on my head.
Do what makes your scalp happy and don't let anyone make you feel guilty. And give scalp-only washing a try if full washes become too burdensome. Also you might try a medicated shampoo for a while and then see if that allows you to stretch washes without causing scalp problems. Also, I find I do better with a clear shampoo like Pantene Aqua pure, rather than the creamy moisturizing ones which are so common. Experiment a little,and good luck.

neelgagan16
March 29th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Whoa! I'm overwhelmed with the response to this thread. People here are so friendly. Yes, I think I am going to keep washing my hair everyday since thats what my scalp likes.

neelgagan16
March 29th, 2016, 10:04 PM
I have started washing just my scalp since I started growing my hair last year. But I recently had a haircut. Now my hair is almost at BSL and no matter how much o try to just wash my scalp the foam distributes to my entire length. It's funny.

neelgagan16
March 29th, 2016, 10:08 PM
If that's what your scalp needs, wash every day. It's not worth it. How long/short is your hair right now? I have oily hair as well, and needed to wash 2/3 times a week until my hair got around BSL and by then I could stretch to a week. I doubt though, that if your scalp is that reactive that you will be able to stretch with length.

My hair is almost at BSL. I had a cut two months back. The need for daily washes doesn't change with length for me. Because I had waist length hair until the hair cut and the situation was same.

neelgagan16
March 29th, 2016, 10:11 PM
My favorite leave in is raw cocoa butter whipped with almond oil to make a cream consistency. I use a scrape of that and then a pump of a silicone filled serum from Garnier. My hair LOVES IT.
That sounds awesome! Will definitely try it. Thank you.

Arctic
March 29th, 2016, 11:09 PM
Another (almost) daily washer here. I sometimes skip day or two if I'm not going anywhere. My scalp has become very slightly less oily with age, and I can comfortable be about 36 hours without washing now.

I use my regular conditioner as a leave in (it has no proteins, silicones or oils - just the way I like my conditioners but also just the way that is difficult to find actual leave-ins from stores). I usually use it undiluted on wet hair, but it can be diluted with water too just before using. I also sometimes add more to dry hair if my canopy is frizzy.

lapushka
March 30th, 2016, 07:12 AM
I used to use got2b smooth operator for a leave-in and I loved that. Now I have a few generic store brands I need to use up first (like from Kruidvat and the Hegron brand from "Action" - this is in Belgium). But I totally recommend the got2b one. It has silicones, but if you don't mind that...

Wusel
March 30th, 2016, 08:31 AM
I used to use got2b smooth operator for a leave-in and I loved that. Now I have a few generic store brands I need to use up first (like from Kruidvat and the Hegron brand from "Action" - this is in Belgium). But I totally recommend the got2b one. It has silicones, but if you don't mind that...

I wanted to buy the Smooth Operator too some months ago but it has Alcohol Denat. as 17th ingredient from 24... It's just a little bit but might be irritating on a sensitive scalp... That's why I didn't buy it even though the bottle looks SO cute :inlove: and I'm sure it works wonders on hair...
My sensitive scalp unfortunately hates even the tiniest bit of denatured alcohol...

neelgagan16
March 30th, 2016, 08:50 AM

I don't know if we get got2b products here. Never seen them. I'll check them out online. Thanks.

neelgagan16
March 30th, 2016, 09:32 AM
I am a daily washer too. Washing daily keeps my scalp from itching, and keeps me from having all of those second-day disgusting hair days. People will always tell you that if you keep stretching washes, your scalp will adjust, and I guess for some people that is true. I used to do that, and after months at a time of merely stretching to every-other-day, it never did. It remained greasy at my scalp and stuck to my head on day two, with the length staticky and dry! No matter how long I tried. The few times I'd push it to every third day were absolutely intolerable. Also I have dark blonde hair, and greasy roots change the color so that it tends to look almost like I bleached it and need to do my roots! Even though it's my natural color.
In addition, it's hot here, especially at this time of year, and I sweat a LOT, including on my head.
Do what makes your scalp happy and don't let anyone make you feel guilty. And give scalp-only washing a try if full washes become too burdensome. Also you might try a medicated shampoo for a while and then see if that allows you to stretch washes without causing scalp problems. Also, I find I do better with a clear shampoo like Pantene Aqua pure, rather than the creamy moisturizing ones which are so common. Experiment a little,and good luck.

Thank God I am not alone.
I have tried all kinds of shampoo. From herbal to medicated to drugstore to luxury ones. None of them could solve my problem.
Anyway, thank you for the advice. :)

neelgagan16
March 30th, 2016, 09:42 AM
I wash my hair daily as well - in fact it's still drying from my daily wash at the moment. :) I second and third the recommendation of scalp washing! I just started alternating scalp washes with regular washes a few months ago and that has been working well for me. It lets me wash my scalp every day without having to wet and then detangle my whole length as well.
since my hair isnt that long, scalp washes turn out to be regular washes. :joy: but thanks for the advice!

Arctic
March 30th, 2016, 09:54 AM
I used to use got2b smooth operator for a leave-in and I loved that. - - But I totally recommend the got2b one. It has silicones, but if you don't mind that...

We've had a disagreement on this product before with Lapushka, he he. I wouldn't call Got2b Smooth'n Chick smoothing lotion (like it is called here) a conditoner. It is clearly a styling product, a smoothing, finishing touch giving product, that provides "silky touch", "anti-frizz" effect and some "control". I doesn't say anything about conditoning or being a conditioner in the bottle, the INCI is not like inci of moisturizing/nousrishing (leave-in) conditioner product would be.

Now I don't say this to bash the products - in fact I love it! It really does leave hair feeling very good to the touch, is easy to apply as it doesn't make my hair dirty looking if over used, and so on. I have kept a bottle of this product in my bathroom cabinet almost since it was launched. I can highly recommend it as a smoothing lotion - alas, a conditioner it is not. It is mostly silicones and other ingredients that coat the hairs.

lapushka
March 30th, 2016, 10:14 AM
I wanted to buy the Smooth Operator too some months ago but it has Alcohol Denat. as 17th ingredient from 24... It's just a little bit but might be irritating on a sensitive scalp... That's why I didn't buy it even though the bottle looks SO cute :inlove: and I'm sure it works wonders on hair...
My sensitive scalp unfortunately hates even the tiniest bit of denatured alcohol...

It's a leave-in conditioner; only for the ends of my hair. Why would you use that on your scalp?

dfotw
March 30th, 2016, 10:23 AM
I also wash daily (conditioner only) because wet with gobs of conditioner is the only way I can detangle my hair, and if I leave my hair without detangling it for days it's a matted disaster that the best TangleTeezer can't help. So go ahead and do what's best for your hair! You can try some of the products suggested for SD here, and save the scalp-only washes idea for when your hair grows longer.

Happy growing and welcome to TLHC! :flower:

neelgagan16
March 30th, 2016, 10:27 AM
I also wash daily (conditioner only) because wet with gobs of conditioner is the only way I can detangle my hair, and if I leave my hair without detangling it for days it's a matted disaster that the best TangleTeezer can't help. So go ahead and do what's best for your hair! You can try some of the products suggested for SD here, and save the scalp-only washes idea for when your hair grows longer.

Happy growing and welcome to TLHC! :flower:

thank you so much :joy:

Upside Down
March 30th, 2016, 01:18 PM
Another vote for scalp only washes here.

I just started doing this and it is such a time saver.

I put my ponytail (high and loose) in a plastic bag, tie the ends over the base of the ponytail and use an applicator bottle to get to all my scalp.

neelgagan16
March 30th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Another vote for scalp only washes here.

I just started doing this and it is such a time saver.

I put my ponytail (high and loose) in a plastic bag, tie the ends over the base of the ponytail and use an applicator bottle to get to all my scalp.

I never thought of doing that. Thanks for sharing the idea

meteor
March 30th, 2016, 03:11 PM
^ If you are interested in scalp-only washes, neelgagan16, you could check out the following methods:

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwREj8Kadlo Over a sink/bathtub, with a braid held down by bra-strap, collar (works better for long, heavy hair that is easy to hold down)

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VBOVM-dHlc With a bun covered with shower cap or two, just washing the hairline

- with a braid, covered in plastic wrap/cap, held above head by hand (switching hands as they get tired)

- with a braid hanging over shower bar or over a hanger hanging from the shower bar

- with a PonyDry tool: http://www.ponydry.com/pages/how-to-use-2

- etc...

I love scalp washes (and I've been doing them for years), because they are such a huge time saver and they do allow you to limit all that wet manipulation and hygral fatigue (swelling/de-swelling of hair going from dry to wet conditions and back).

Also, if you want to wash your hair every day, but you length is dry or damaged, you can always protect the length a bit with CWC methods or pre-poo oiling (e.g. coconut oil was shown to reduce protein loss that happens during washing and post-wash grooming: For details, see
Effect of mineral oil, sunflower oil, and coconut oil on prevention of hair damage: http://journal.scconline.org/pdf/cc2003/cc054n02/p00175-p00192.pdf
Hair breakage index: an alternative tool for damage assessment of human hair: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21635848)

Also, if you feel like your scalp produces a lot more oil than it normally does in your case, I'd address the root cause - is the same true for all your skin, or just the scalp? Can you mention it during your next medical check-up? Sometimes, excessive oiliness is controlled by hormones or can be a symptom of some skin condition... it's hard to tell.

In the meantime, try some shampoos for oily hair, which often contain more absorbent ingredients, e.g. clay (e.g. Garnier Ultra Doux Clay & Lemon) or ingredients like salicylic acid (e.g. Neutrogena T/Sal), which also help control oiliness.

But if you simply like to wash your hair every day just for that fresh feeling (and not because your scalp really needs it), then I'd try to make sure not to use anything harsh. So conditioning, moisturizing shampoos or CO-washing or diluting shampoo well before application can help in this case.

Welcome to the LHC! :D And Happy Growing! :cheer:

endlessly
March 30th, 2016, 05:07 PM
If washing daily works for you, then I would recommend continuing to do so. I used to try to skip washes, too, just because I felt like I had to in order to have healthier hair and unfortunately, it did the opposite for me as well. My hair is currently at classic and I'm able to wash it daily without any issues. Sure, I go through products a bit faster than most, but it makes my scalp and hair happy, so that's all that really matters.

truepeacenik
March 30th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Hello everyone. I am new here. I am from India and have oily, fine, straight and naturally dark brown hair. I have gone through many threads in this community. Everyone recommends not to wash hair everyday but I cannot do that. I have super oily hair. If I don't wash my hair every 24 hrs it gets oily then I start getting dandruff and then my hair falls like crazy.
I cannot skip hair wash. I used to have very thick hair but because I used sometimes skip washing everyday, I had a horrible phase of hairfall. Now I am scared to extend hair washes for more than 24 hrs. Please help me.

Welcome to LHC!
I have phases when I wash almost daily, but I find very dilute shampoo will do the trick.
Start at 50/50, then keep adding more water. And I'd say try a new mix for a week, or at least three days.

With a combo of dandruff and shedding (hair fall) makes me wonder if something else might be up.

March 31st, 2016, 04:25 AM
I'm the other way, if I try to wash with shampoo daily I'm an oil slick, my scalp itches and hurts and I have to wait a couple of days to even be able to wash these ridiculous amounts of sebum out. Daily washing actually makes my hair dirty - crazy, huh? When I wash them every 5 days they're clean and don't get greasy. When I started to use more natural stuff I was able to easily stretch to once a week. I tried to switch to daily washing multiple times (because I felt guilty I don't wash often enough) and failed each time. I don't know why some people have to wash daily and some even can't. If I were you I'd wash daily if washing less causes you pain or discomfort. Don't be like me and try something that's uncomfortable only because 'you're supposed to'. You can try gentler methods like posters above suggested (scalp only washes) or diluted shampoo or water only but still keep daily washing. Maybe conditioner only? But that never worked for my scalp.

Mimha, what diet are you using for yeast? And are you water only? If so, how often do you WO?

Inga-Marjukka
March 31st, 2016, 04:37 PM
Another one here! I tried hard last autumn to become a WO-washer but it was too horrible. I was really into the idea but then again it sort of made me hate my hair and made this whole growing business/hair as a hobby and fun project feel so dull and inconvenient I stopped it and have been much happier since. Also, I love washing my hair. It's the most relaxing moment of the day. By the way, Arctic, what is that normal conditioner that you use as a leave-in? :)

Arctic
March 31st, 2016, 10:28 PM
Another one here! I tried hard last autumn to become a WO-washer but it was too horrible. I was really into the idea but then again it sort of made me hate my hair and made this whole growing business/hair as a hobby and fun project feel so dull and inconvenient I stopped it and have been much happier since. Also, I love washing my hair. It's the most relaxing moment of the day. By the way, Arctic, what is that normal conditioner that you use as a leave-in? :)

It's been XZ Energisoiva Hedelmä (Energizing Fruit) during the past year. It is my main rinse-out conditioner too, but works nicely as a leave-in! And in SMTs! :thumbsup:

jlw9222
March 31st, 2016, 11:07 PM
I have always washed my hair everyday. I, too, have an oily scalp and feel the need to wash it daily. They say age decreases this...I'm waiting and not getting any younger. ;-) I don't get dandruff, but I still don't like the look or feel of my hair if I don't wash it. I also oil my ends every night, so I like to have fresh and clean hair everyday. I only shampoo my scalp area and use a gentle shampoo, so I've never had any issues with damage to my hair. My hair is TBL and I still wash and condition it daily. I guess it's as people have been saying...if it works for you, it's the right way. :-)

Inga-Marjukka
April 1st, 2016, 03:47 AM
Thanks Arctic! :joy: Wohoo, my journey of finding a good leave-in progresses!

adrenaline
April 1st, 2016, 08:56 AM
I wash my hair daily for many years now. Go for it if your hair and scalp need this! I also have very oily skin, so every try to extend my washing period was a disaster and didnīt work. There are possibilities to treat your hair with care during the washing procedure, so donīt worry about the damage. For example, you can do only scalp wash or you dilute your shampoo with water or oil (donīt worry, your hair wonīt be oily after the wash but some oil/butter makes the shampoo more gentle). Afterwards you can put some oil/butter into your tips to protect them :o And maybe it works if you wash your hair only with conditioner? Try out! :o

Arctic
April 1st, 2016, 09:12 AM
Thanks Arctic! :joy: Wohoo, my journey of finding a good leave-in progresses! I hope it work for you! You could try different application methods:

- on soaking wet hair
- on damp hair
- undiluted on dry hair
- diluted on dry hair

If one method doesn't work, there's a good change other one will!

If you dilute it with water, only make enough to few days maximum, otherwise bacteria will start growing on the diluted conditioner and it can become moldy. Better to dilute only what you need at one use.

I use about pea sized or little more on my hair.

Inga-Marjukka
April 2nd, 2016, 10:27 AM
I've used it twice now, both times an amount equivalent of the end of my thumb. I've been applying it undiluted to damp hair. Also I realised that I'm not sure if you meant the actual Energizing Fruit leave-in conditioner or just the normal conditioner. Because without thinking I bought the normal conditioner, only now finding out that the stuff meant to be used as a leave-in exists too! Silly me :doh: Anyway, it feels great and thanks for the tips!

Arctic
April 2nd, 2016, 10:42 AM
I've used it twice now, both times an amount equivalent of the end of my thumb. I've been applying it undiluted to damp hair. Also I realised that I'm not sure if you meant the actual Energizing Fruit leave-in conditioner or just the normal conditioner. Because without thinking I bought the normal conditioner, only now finding out that the stuff meant to be used as a leave-in exists too! Silly me :doh: Anyway, it feels great and thanks for the tips!

We have the same product, I meant the normal, rinse-out conditioner. I haven't had luck with products marketed as leave-ins and I have quit looking at them. Normal conditioners work better to me! :cloud9:

Inga-Marjukka
April 2nd, 2016, 10:57 AM
Oh thank goodness I didn't mess this up! I'm so impatient and I was like "please answer what it was before I come back from the shops" :lol:

Ligeia Noire
April 2nd, 2016, 11:46 AM
I think whatever works right? If it is water only great, washing once per month, wonderful, silicones and sulphates cool. Saying oh you shouldnt do that or you should more like me mehhhhhh. As long as it is making your and your hair happier who cares...

princesssaffron
April 7th, 2016, 04:22 AM
i wash my hair every day! like you, ive seen so many people say they dont, but i have washed my hair every day of my life and its healthy! my roots get super oily if i dont, and honestly i think its up to the individual, if you want to wash it everyday, its your hair! :)

ravenheather
April 7th, 2016, 11:51 AM
I wash every 2 days usually. I use a co wash during the week and usually shampoo once on weekend. Kinky curly knot today is a great light leave in for mine and my daughter's fine hair.

yahirwaO.o
April 7th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Im also a daily washer too!!! (sometimes every other day but general idea is every single night). :D

You hair sounds a lot like mine dark, straight and fine. Im able to stretch upto 2 days but really, with the amount of pollution in my city and constant touching my hair after touching whatever weird sutff in the city, I'd feel gross not washing it.

I'd wear mine down which also adds the more greasy factor however I simply like daily baths and washings. What works for me is putting conditioner first and then washing on cold water my scalp. Out of flyways this routine works excellent for me.

I forgot to add that I used to have severe sheddig and daily washing helps a ton with it. Seriously it reduced a lot. 200 strands used to fall if I did it 2 times week for 2 or 5 is quite awesome for me!!!!!

Garnetgem
April 7th, 2016, 02:04 PM
I am led to believe that washing too often makes the scalp produce oil faster so it becomes a vicious circle of washing to clear grease only for it to get oily again soon after,but it could be just your skin and hair type some do get oily sooner than others....i wash every 4th day as my roots start to get oily making my hair lank and dull but only since i moved house before then it was every 10 to 14 days and my hair didn't even look oily in the slightest...so a lot is to do with environment too well it is in my case and for my mum who's hair washing routine changed when moved home too..

alexis917
April 7th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Not a daily washer here, by any means. But whatever makes your scalp happy is what matters. I generally wash weekly, but in the summer/after the gym, I'll abandon my "schedule" to make sure I smell nice.