PDA

View Full Version : My first real herb purchase.

lora410
March 21st, 2008, 09:49 AM
I think I am behind on my hair stuff. I just now finally purchased 1/4lb French lavender, 1/2lb of calendula, and 1/2lb of chamomile. I am hoping to make some great tea rinses with these as well as add them to my poo bars once I start making them. herbs are kinda pricey!!!!!

birthmarkie
March 21st, 2008, 12:10 PM
Yes, they are pricey! I stocked up a few months ago. You got my favorites. You will really enjoy making the rinses and using them. The aromatherapy is great. Speaking of, I am going to make one myself. I could use some aromatherapy today :)

BlndeInDisguise
March 21st, 2008, 01:08 PM
I know, I had someone price lavender for me, and yow, it's expensive! I'm thinking about growing some herbs this summer, though.

lora410
March 21st, 2008, 03:43 PM
I know, I had someone price lavender for me, and yow, it's expensive! I'm thinking about growing some herbs this summer, though.

I paid about 7 or 8$ for 1/4lb of the french lavander, and only 2 or 3$ each for 1/4lb each of the other two:cheese: after extensive price checks on e-bay and herb stores this one place was the cheapest.

BlndeInDisguise
March 21st, 2008, 04:20 PM
I paid about 7 or 8$ for 1/4lb of the french lavander, and only 2 or 3$ each for 1/4lb each of the other two:cheese: after extensive price checks on e-bay and herb stores this one place was the cheapest.

I'm thinking (but it was a while ago, so I could be off by a few dollars) that the price I was quoted was $26 for a pound. While I can't really picture how much a pound of lavender flowers would be, I would imagine that it would be quite a bit, afterall, they don't weigh much. But still, that seems like a lot of money, but then again, I'm cheap! :D

lora410
March 21st, 2008, 05:02 PM
I'm thinking (but it was a while ago, so I could be off by a few dollars) that the price I was quoted was $26 for a pound. While I can't really picture how much a pound of lavender flowers would be, I would imagine that it would be quite a bit, afterall, they don't weigh much. But still, that seems like a lot of money, but then again, I'm cheap! :D

I'm cheap to and the only reason I bought it is becuase its 4 cups of more of lavender :lol: