PDA

View Full Version : Another Bangs opinions.. for a guy!( PICS)

yahirwaO.o
March 26th, 2016, 10:04 PM
Ok So im having this incredible urge of cutting some nice side swept bangs. I had them pretty much all the way in my teens, decided to grow my hair long and once I was able to have a great middle part never looked back.

UPDATE: These are pics for what I want but not mess with length or add any layers! Since its kinda unusual thing, these are good pics

http://xpressmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/men-long-hairstyles-side-swept-bangs.jpeg

http://hairzstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2-stylish-hairstyle-for-long-hair-men-4.jpg

http://www.beauty-and-the-bath.com/image-files/mens-parted-long-hair-style.jpg

I looked really good with them but never really have them with proper long hair aka boy hair upto shoulder shaggy mess. Normally I think long haired guys just looks great with hair all one length , natural growed out taper and such, but I dont know, the center part thing has been too long and while it's my own signature look I want some change.

For now my hair is into the BSL (chest lenght for man) and want a nice frame to it. A regular side parting gives the long bang effect look already so probably I want to have a little bit of more definition, you can see these in my next pics.

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/1013005_453587074738370_1212951525_n_zpsekurue7b.j pg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/1013005_453587074738370_1212951525_n_zpsekurue7b.j pg.html)

Me in my teens with side bangs, loved it then wouldn't go this short again!

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/P1200941_zpsksg898y8.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/P1200941_zpsksg898y8.jpg.html)

Me now and my inusual side part. Normally I go all center but sometimes I like to switch things a little bit. Based on this, I already have some longish bangs from Spidermom's method that on my hair gives a super V shaped thus some natural framing on the front when I move my part.

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/12418092_913618635401876_9112848122739446460_n_zps 2dr6nwht.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/12418092_913618635401876_9112848122739446460_n_zps 2dr6nwht.jpg.html)

My usual style! I have way better pics but cant find my memory (you have good idea anyways). This is has been my signature styles for half a decade. Should I change?

So girls and guys help me on this one Please!!!! Excuse the funny faces :D

Nadine <3
March 26th, 2016, 10:12 PM
Personally, I like the center part on you.

Obsidian
March 26th, 2016, 10:19 PM
Both look good but I quite like the side part myself. I've always been fond of side parts and thats how I wear my hair most of the time though my natural part is in the center. To me, a perfect center part often looks too plain or too symmetrical.

yahirwaO.o
March 26th, 2016, 10:30 PM
Personally, I like the center part on you.

Thanks Nadine yeah I'm often told that I'm one of those very few people in the world that can pull off a center parting. Its my jam but some change is good right?

Both look good but I quite like the side part myself. I've always been fond of side parts and thats how I wear my hair most of the time though my natural part is in the center. To me, a perfect center part often looks too plain or too symmetrical.

I think side parts are way much more fun-playful and give some interest somehow. That's why I want some fun with a swoopy fringe!!!

antler_tines
March 26th, 2016, 11:16 PM
I like both! But I think I like the side part more :)

Horrorpops
March 26th, 2016, 11:49 PM
I think both look great, however I do feel obliged to mention updo's! If you wear your hair up it can be tricky with bangs, speaking from experience mine never looked right with my hair up. If you keep your hair out (as in the pics) then it makes no difference :o

yahirwaO.o
March 27th, 2016, 12:02 AM
I think both look great, however I do feel obliged to mention updo's! If you wear your hair up it can be tricky with bangs, speaking from experience mine never looked right with my hair up. If you keep your hair out (as in the pics) then it makes no difference :o

Good point. I dont really mind a little bit of annoyance when up (I know how to lace french braid) but more like the way it would look like (wear a lot of top knots and having that with bangs might be a little to much) I suppose I can pin, braid or just wear a low bun. Yeah I mostly wear my hair down.

I have no reference point but I'll want-start mine a bit longish first (chin territory) and working my way into something that goes diagonally from my forehead.

Sweets
March 27th, 2016, 03:16 AM
If you like the idea, go for it! Sideswept bangs are easy to grow out, if you want to change back. A center part looks great on you, so it's a tough call, really!

lapushka
March 27th, 2016, 04:57 AM
Nah, I wouldn't do it. You can mimic the side-swept thing by having a side part and swooping the hair over your forehead a bit. But bangs? No. I don't think it would look that great on longer hair. Shorter, yes, sure it was cute.

diddiedaisy
March 27th, 2016, 05:05 AM
I think the side part looks great, I'd go for it.

Wusel
March 27th, 2016, 06:27 AM
My SO, quite jealous, sitting next to me and watching a movie while I'm reading, unfortunately forbade me to look at your pictures longer than a second :D but I think, what I could see in one second is that I like every style on you. So, I'm no help.

lapushka
March 27th, 2016, 06:55 AM
My SO, quite jealous, sitting next to me and watching a movie while I'm reading, unfortunately forbade me to look at your pictures longer than a second :D but I think, what I could see in one second is that I like every style on you. So, I'm no help.

Huh? What? Are you serious? :shocked:

Wusel
March 27th, 2016, 07:00 AM
Huh? What? Are you serious? :shocked:

It wasn't serious. :D

humble_knight
March 27th, 2016, 07:38 AM
The second link is quite nice as is the photo of you with a side-parting :thumbsup:

BlondeBeauty
March 27th, 2016, 07:45 AM
I like the center part best, it doesn't look "plain" to me! :D

Arctic
March 27th, 2016, 08:00 AM
I think best styles/cuts are ones that work with different parts, so you don't have to choose to wear middle part for a year, or side part for two years. So if you go for a cut, make it one that is versatile.

Secondly, the photos you show are quite a bit how my hair is now cut. As you may remember, I considered mine a (self made) hack job, and was surprised how much hair was cut from my sides. If I use a bit of a hyberbole, my cut is a bit like semi-mullet. So be aware that bangs/face framing layers so thick take LOT of hair from the sides, which can be very visible on long, otherwise unlayered hair. Otherwise I have liked my layer job (even though I am growing some of them out), they frame my face nicely and work with all parts and I can also get them out of my face if I need to.

As for aesthetic side of things, you suit all kinds of parts very well.

EdG
March 27th, 2016, 08:12 AM
I briefly experimented with bangs years ago when I started growing my hair.

Bangs are a bad idea because they are not maintainable. There will always be in-between lengths where the bangs end and long hair starts. This style is perennially awkward.

Hair naturally grows in the right way. One doesn't need to change anything.
Ed

lillielil
March 27th, 2016, 08:12 AM
What if you cut some bits that would look face framing when down but are still long enough to be held in your topknot?

yahirwaO.o
March 27th, 2016, 11:57 AM
If you like the idea, go for it! Sideswept bangs are easy to grow out, if you want to change back. A center part looks great on you, so it's a tough call, really!

Yes a bit hard but still they are fairly easy to grow out like you mention, so its not a huge commitment and can give some freshness back.

Nah, I wouldn't do it. You can mimic the side-swept thing by having a side part and swooping the hair over your forehead a bit. But bangs? No. I don't think it would look that great on longer hair. Shorter, yes, sure it was cute.

I normally agree but my length is not super long so it wouldn't look like a random piece butchered cut out LOL I've seen those and look very hideous. :p

I think the side part looks great, I'd go for it.

Yay to see more support towards some change!

:D Oh Im flattered, thanks, I've been able to pull off anything I wanted with my hair because of my growing inner confidence. Could you actualy believe I was photo phobic?. Now I don't mind and feel very comfortable with me! Thanks for the compliment Wusel

The second link is quite nice as is the photo of you with a side-parting :thumbsup:
Its and old photo and sure had that style somewhere in 2009 and liked it, but the razored layers were a nightmare, the swoppy bangs were cool on the other hand. Thanks! ;)

I like the center part best, it doesn't look "plain" to me! :D

I've never ever felt plain in a center part. It fits perfectly with my features and such. (I like Rick Mora look and all my fellow native indians). But I want something a bit different. You know in my teenage years I was the experimental kid with undercuts and all kinds of blue colors (my friends and family always beg me to play like I used to and were surprised that I dig hippie hair for better). So its just a nice change without going all nuts because I love long hair on me.

I think best styles/cuts are ones that work with different parts, so you don't have to choose to wear middle part for a year, or side part for two years. So if you go for a cut, make it one that is versatile.

Secondly, the photos you show are quite a bit how my hair is now cut. As you may remember, I considered mine a (self made) hack job, and was surprised how much hair was cut from my sides. If I use a bit of a hyberbole, my cut is a bit like semi-mullet. So be aware that bangs/face framing layers so thick take LOT of hair from the sides, which can be very visible on long, otherwise unlayered hair. Otherwise I have liked my layer job (even though I am growing some of them out), they frame my face nicely and work with all parts and I can also get them out of my face if I need to.

As for aesthetic side of things, you suit all kinds of parts very well.

Thanks a lot Artic. I know your neutral position when it comes to shorter styles cuts so I was waiting for your answer my friend. I know first hand how anything cut in the front has a potencial of looking mullet ish. Those pics were just a reference for what I want in bang terms. Those styles look great after being fresh cut and then as it grows they can look very unforgiven on fine hair. Like I said to Lapushka those butched front styles and then all long hair look very silly, but my lenght is not crazy long for that.

I know I can part my hair the way I want to, but middle part bangs reminds me of 90's pop star bowl cuts or something. I only like them in 70's Cher severe style! :p

I briefly experimented with bangs years ago when I started growing my hair.

Bangs are a bad idea because they are not maintainable. There will always be in-between lengths where the bangs end and long hair starts. This style is perennially awkward.

Hair naturally grows in the right way. One doesn't need to change anything.
Ed

I like the contemplative state of my natural hair too! You know that easy breeze and let do it thingy. However a side sweep is nice change and I know the annoyance of growing bangs but it's something I can handle just fine. Thanks for remind me that hair just grows nicely man! :cool:

What if you cut some bits that would look face framing when down but are still long enough to be held in your topknot?

Thats is what I actually have right now. Some framing bits that go into my top knot. But I actually want swoopy bangs. They look young, fresh and loved when they covered my forehead.

To be honest those pics posted look nice and edgy but my approach in aesthetically realistics life terms would look more like Emma Stone ones, you know the blunt cut and the swoop fringe.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7e/e1/c1/7ee1c1b5371f1b8df3e2e32c6136256e.jpg

http://images.fashionnstyle.com/data/images/full/13277/emma-stone-2010.jpg?w=600

Mimha
March 27th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Hello Yahirwa !

If you really want to sacrifice a part of your thickness to get a fringe, what about one that you can sweep any side you want ? or part in two the day when you prefer to have a middle parting ? I mean : are you obliged to opt for one that would exclude the other ?

And beside the loss of thickness, you also have to make sure that a long fringe that always gets in the way will not drive you mad^^, lol.

MidnightMoon
March 27th, 2016, 01:55 PM
I think both look good on you and it would be a matter of style to me. The side part I somehow associate with a look taken from a magazine, men who care too much for their appearance or preppy boys. Im not sure why I just do :P. If it were me Id prefer middle part and perhaps some longer bangs that would be noticeable when my hair was half up or tied back.

spidermom
March 27th, 2016, 07:53 PM
I like the side part and, as long as you aren't overly annoyed by bangs falling in your face, there's no reason not to have sideswept bangs.

yahirwaO.o
March 28th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Hello Yahirwa !

If you really want to sacrifice a part of your thickness to get a fringe, what about one that you can sweep any side you want ? or part in two the day when you prefer to have a middle parting ? I mean : are you obliged to opt for one that would exclude the other ?

And beside the loss of thickness, you also have to make sure that a long fringe that always gets in the way will not drive you mad^^, lol.

Its going to sound out of place but I actually like the act of constant swooping my hair, for the longest time I had long hair but it was just there contained and Im not that type of person. Like mentioned I dont like middle parted bangs but in a side way the look pretty awesome.

Good point in the thickness, you know i'm on my way of thicker hair by micro trimming, but I think with the hair proportion i'm going to cut, there is not going to be that much removed. I'm glad someone knows my struggles since I joined in so thanks a lot Mimha

I think both look good on you and it would be a matter of style to me. The side part I somehow associate with a look taken from a magazine, men who care too much for their appearance or preppy boys. Im not sure why I just do :P. If it were me Id prefer middle part and perhaps some longer bangs that would be noticeable when my hair was half up or tied back.

He he he I know that preppy dandy boy feeling of side parted long hair. There must be an anime or a drawing that shows a character like that, sure I've seen it.
But in real life, yes side parted long haired men do have that fancy feeling going on. Its ok for me to play with that. I just need a postive new thing for my hair.

I like the side part and, as long as you aren't overly annoyed by bangs falling in your face, there's no reason not to have sideswept bangs.

Right! Im not annoyed by the idea yet and i'm on the 2 weeks rule before going for it. So far I feel a little bland with my current look, even though by most standards it looks fantastic just as it is.

Ok so being an autotonsorialist for the most part and not having a trusty hair dresser, which technique should be best for me to perform? Im pretty confident with cutting my own hair.

I was thinking of going little by little, doing the twist cut and from there start cutting my diagonal bangs by point cutting. Does this sound reliable enough or you have more suggestions-tricks?

spidermom
March 28th, 2016, 02:01 PM
YouTube has a lot of haircut tutorials; I'd look there if I were you.

I also like the idea of having a cut that gives you lots of options as far as parting goes. I've heard and observed that a part made in the same place all the time leads to a wider part over time. It's kind of like what happens to a trail when people keep walking on it. I shift my part all over the place and most of the time I don't part it at all but let it fall however; it looks like a crooked part. I've also noticed that, for example, if the front of my hair is falling toward the left but looks flat, I will use a bit of gel and lift my hair over toward the right and either clip it or use a spritz of hair spray. Just moving it fluffs it up so that it doesn't lay flat to my head.

Elly May
March 28th, 2016, 04:45 PM
I think you look great without the bangs and would just do a side-part when you want to change it up--your hair is awesome and suits you, and bangs are a big commitment....just my humble opinion....

Groovy Granny
March 28th, 2016, 09:50 PM
I think you'd look good with them; you look great without them too.

However as someone who just cut the last bit of fringe off at waist length after 3 years of growing them out, I won't be on the band wagon encouraging you to cut them in :p LOL

It sounds like you are really leaning toward them....and at chin length, it wouldn't take much to grow them out if you don't like it (or be caught in ponytails and buns).

You will get hundreds of opinions......Go with your gut!

It is not an extreme move .....and it can be remedied easily in the future.

Good luck ~ have fun :cheer:

Seeshami
March 28th, 2016, 10:06 PM
My face framing layers/bangs/WTF-seriously-mess? hairs can be parted down the middle to look like short face framing layers or long bangs or parted on the side to look side swept. But my hair is always a hot mess.

The Naughty Mess says, "Naughty. I am Naughty. Slightly damp because I've been violated with a bath but most certainly not hot."

....hey mess. There's a hair stick over there. I am sure you could disappear it if you stopped reading over my shoulder and go did mess stuff. You're good at mess stuff. Don't worry about the people stuff on lhc.

Upside Down
March 28th, 2016, 11:13 PM
If it were me, I'd go for it. Sidenpart suits you and bangs are unusual thing on a guy and can look really cool. Plus your hair is thick so you won't loose much and streight, so easy maintenance.

Its going to sound out of place but I actually like the act of constant swooping my hair, for the longest time I had long hair but it was just there contained and Im not that type of person. Like mentioned I dont like middle parted bangs but in a side way the look pretty awesome.

Good point in the thickness, you know i'm on my way of thicker hair by micro trimming, but I think with the hair proportion i'm going to cut, there is not going to be that much removed. I'm glad someone knows my struggles since I joined in so thanks a lot Mimha

He he he I know that preppy dandy boy feeling of side parted long hair. There must be an anime or a drawing that shows a character like that, sure I've seen it.
But in real life, yes side parted long haired men do have that fancy feeling going on. Its ok for me to play with that. I just need a postive new thing for my hair.

Right! Im not annoyed by the idea yet and i'm on the 2 weeks rule before going for it. So far I feel a little bland with my current look, even though by most standards it looks fantastic just as it is.

Ok so being an autotonsorialist for the most part and not having a trusty hair dresser, which technique should be best for me to perform? Im pretty confident with cutting my own hair.

I was thinking of going little by little, doing the twist cut and from there start cutting my diagonal bangs by point cutting. Does this sound reliable enough or you have more suggestions-tricks?

I did mine with twist cut and then let them grow. This is where they are now and I think I will keep them for a while. Just for reference, this is 1cm shorter than the tip of my nose.
Plus, there are a few strands around my face that I cut freehand down to chin or so.

They can be side swept, center parted and my favorite is to kind of push them up in a side part and they blend with hair and give volume. The other side I put in a fake sidecut braid and this is mostly how I wear my hair down.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u439/mackanaopacka/Public/6D236F9E-B33C-407C-902F-CF62180CD5D6_zpspp4smaic.jpg