PDA

View Full Version : It's happening!

LillithTheFirst
March 26th, 2016, 05:12 PM
My hair is at that length (tailbone) that multiple people a day are commenting on the length and some even go out of their way to touch and fondle it! I feel violated! xD
I wonder how this will go once I get to goal classic length!

BlondeBeauty
March 26th, 2016, 05:26 PM
You'll have 10x more people touching your hair! Just casually step away from those people and give the any look you want to. It's your hair and nobody else's!:wigtongue

lapushka
March 26th, 2016, 05:41 PM
I wear it up, and have no such issues. ;) :p

LongCurlyTress
March 26th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Congrats!! If it bothers you, just wear it in a bun when you are "out in the wild" LOL ... otherwise, enjoy it!! That is what I do. You have almost reached your goal length!! Yay! :happydance: Most people ask first if they can touch my hair, which maybe I am strange, but I kind of like it when people touch my hair and I get chills from it!! If you would rather they didn't, then just say "Sorry, I would rather you didn't touch my hair. But I am glad you like it!" If you are nice to people with how you stop them from touching your hair, they are usually understanding.

krashadamson
March 26th, 2016, 07:09 PM
kinda weird with ppl touching my hair too lol cant stand it actually. good for you though getting to your goal length!!
unrelated: does anyone here have type 1a/b hair? if so, how often do u wash with shampoo?

LillithTheFirst
March 26th, 2016, 08:22 PM
Its mostly people I know, as well as some of my students (I teach singing)! Which I find weird, as I do not hug people, especially students - I don't touch them. So I find it very interesting that they would cross that boundary because of my hair - it must be very amazing to look at! Though, I must admit that it is not common for women to have hair as long as mine, and thats just tailbone length. I have many that ask me if I'm wearing hair extensions, and they touch it to feel if its real or not. I don't mind heaps, but it is kind of weird! And yes, this is only when I leave my hair down and out of a braid. Sometimes I still get a comment if it's a braid. If it's in a bun, no one notices, mostly because lots of people use "donuts" to make their buns too big, but mine is all hair so no one really notices.

I have 1b hair and shampoo twice a week maximum. I do heavy workouts 5x a week and get quite sweaty too. If you don't then once a week is sufficient.

laitlune
March 26th, 2016, 08:26 PM
I wore my hair down for the first time in ages and after wandering into a makeup store I felt a minute tug while browsing the aisle- there was an older lady with a fistful of hair standing behind me sheepishly. I don't mind people touching my hair if they ask, but that little bit awkward, to say the least! I think she was hoping I wouldn't notice lol. My hair is also just slightly past tailbone length!

Sweets
March 27th, 2016, 04:03 AM
Love your username, LilithTheFirst!

Congrats on your length!

I think that I fantasize about what you are going through right now because of my strong desire to have long lengths again - I think I would love random people commenting and touching my hair. I think I might even get chills like you, LongCurlyTress. LOL!!

LongCurlyTress
March 27th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Love your username, LilithTheFirst!

Congrats on your length!

I think that I fantasize about what you are going through right now because of my strong desire to have long lengths again - I think I would love random people commenting and touching my hair. I think I might even get chills like you, LongCurlyTress. LOL!!

LOL!! It is a rather unique experience to have so many people looking at my hair and asking to touch it...not very often, but it does happen. I am new to this length at 35/36 inches and on me it is barely touching TBL.. or it did until I cut an inch off to even off the hemline this past week. It's fun and I encourage you to stick with your growing goals and enjoy each length as you grow longer. It is really a cool experience for me.... some dont like this.. but how my wet hair wraps around my rib cage and hits my butt when I am washing it!! Very cool how this body part of mine, my hair, has been getting chopped off throughout the years and I missed out on this luxurious feeling of longer hair. Keep on growin' and you will get there!

krashadamson
March 27th, 2016, 07:37 PM
thanks LilliththeFirst ☺️ i was concerned about perhaps not washing enough with my 1b hair but yeah i usually do once a week and i work out 3times a week. you all have very pretty hair cant wait until mine gets back to mid back!! happy growing ya'll��

Chocowalnut
March 27th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Is it weird to say I can't wait for that to happen? lol