PDA

View Full Version : Mbl for helloween!!! :)

Wusel
March 26th, 2016, 05:04 AM
Who's in?
Just imagine... All the styles you can wear on Halloween with midback length... :joy: :cheer: :joy:
Another milestone for me before I, hopefully, reach waist around Christmas :)

diddiedaisy
March 26th, 2016, 05:33 AM
Oh I'm definitely in. A milestone I can reach!!! I don't think I'll make waist by Xmas, I don't even know if my hair can grow long, but mbl I can do...I hope :)

lapushka
March 26th, 2016, 05:50 AM
Oh great, I'll be spurring you on! :D You go, girls (and guys). :cheer:

Hailwidis
March 26th, 2016, 06:06 AM
I'm in too. :) It may be a touch ambitious, but just about possible I think. Depending on how fast my hair grows when treated better - I've been stuck at BSL for years, but I think that's probably false-terminal.

diddiedaisy
March 26th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Just out of interest, where are you all measuring mbl? I have taken it to be the place in the middle of my spine, measuring from nape to tail bone.

Wusel
March 26th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Just out of interest, where are you all measuring mbl? I have taken it to be the place in the middle of my spine, measuring from nape to tail bone.

In the middle between BSL and WL. For me it's about 2,5 inches below BSL.

Hailwidis
March 26th, 2016, 09:13 AM
I'll have to measure it and see where it falls on my back. It might be closer than I expected because my torso is quite short.

Chocowalnut
March 26th, 2016, 09:16 AM
This thread is perfect! Awesome idea. I'm hoping for waist by Christmas too. And I love Halloween. I'm definitely in <3

Wusel
March 26th, 2016, 10:29 AM
WELCOME TO ALL MBL RACERS!!! :joy: :joy: :joy:
READY, SET, GO!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :flower:

Mirabele
March 26th, 2016, 11:54 AM
I would really love to. I am almost BSL now.

Wusel
March 26th, 2016, 03:00 PM
I would really love to. I am almost BSL now.

It's 7 months. You can grow a lot in 7 months. :)

butterflybutton
March 26th, 2016, 04:09 PM
I'm in! I should definitely be mbl by Halloween, but hopefully past it. Hehe.

yahirwaO.o
March 26th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Im in too!!! MBL is my most favorite lenght to wear down and visually looks great on me!

Im all able to grow in a super thick hemline which is my current duty by micro trimming every two months then it is totally archivable. I've been APL BSL limbo for the longest time and want to go a little bit longer this year!

Mirabele
March 27th, 2016, 02:11 AM
It's 7 months. You can grow a lot in 7 months. :)
Thank you. You are right, there is still 7 months which is quite a long time :) seems like a realistic goal. i just have never had my hair that long, so i don't really know if it can happen. But i would be very happy :)

YvetteVarie
March 27th, 2016, 02:57 AM
I would love to but I don't know if I can. I am in between APL and BSL right now. But if I get to BSL in June, I might make it

diddiedaisy
July 15th, 2016, 01:13 AM
Reviving this thread to see how everyone's getting on!!!

Mirabele
July 15th, 2016, 08:38 AM
I reached BSL but my ends are very dry now. I am trying to find a new routine that works for me to save my fragile ends from breaking off. How is everobody else doing?

diddiedaisy
July 15th, 2016, 09:21 AM
I reached BSL but my ends are very dry now. I am trying to find a new routine that works for me to save my fragile ends from breaking off. How is everobody else doing?

I've just reached bsl myself,looks like we'll both make it :D

As for your dry ends, when my hair gets a bit like that I damp my hair and leave olive oil on overnight. I also find that if I tuck my hair into a claw, (I do a twist and tuck it into itself leaving nothing hanging out then put the claw on) it stays well moisturised throughout the day. As your hair is tucked away it's also good for leaving product on such as oil that doesn't soak into the hair, nobody can see the greasy gloop in it!!!

Mirabele
July 15th, 2016, 01:38 PM
I've just reached bsl myself,looks like we'll both make it :D

As for your dry ends, when my hair gets a bit like that I damp my hair and leave olive oil on overnight. I also find that if I tuck my hair into a claw, (I do a twist and tuck it into itself leaving nothing hanging out then put the claw on) it stays well moisturised throughout the day. As your hair is tucked away it's also good for leaving product on such as oil that doesn't soak into the hair, nobody can see the greasy gloop in it!!!
Thank you for your advice. I do oil my ends every day and wear up all the time, it used to help before. But it seems not to work anymore for some reason. I normaly put oil on my dry hair, i will try to wet it first and see if it may make a difference.

diddiedaisy
July 15th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Thank you for your advice. I do oil my ends every day and wear up all the time, it used to help before. But it seems not to work anymore for some reason. I normaly put oil on my dry hair, i will try to wet it first and see if it may make a difference.

You need to put something under your oil. Oil is just a sealant not a moisturiser, I use a leave in conditioner under mine and the oil seals in that moisture :)

butterflybutton
July 15th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Thanks for reviving this thread diddiedaisy, I'd completely forgotten it.

Congrats on reaching bsl both of you!!! That's a huge milestone!

I think I'm MBL now, I've got about two/three inches till waist and there is five inches on me between bsl and waist.

diddiedaisy
July 15th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Congratulations, you might even reach waist by Christmas :)

butterflybutton
July 15th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Thanks, I've hoping so! Although I have no self control and keep eating too much junk food, so my waist seems to be getting farther and farther away :p

Mirabele
July 16th, 2016, 01:43 AM
Thanks for reviving this thread diddiedaisy, I'd completely forgotten it.

Congrats on reaching bsl both of you!!! That's a huge milestone!

I think I'm MBL now, I've got about two/three inches till waist and there is five inches on me between bsl and waist.
Thank you and congratulations! Looks like you will reach waist by Christmas!

Mirabele
July 16th, 2016, 01:44 AM
You need to put something under your oil. Oil is just a sealant not a moisturiser, I use a leave in conditioner under mine and the oil seals in that moisture :)
That makes sense, i will try that, thank you!

diddiedaisy
August 23rd, 2016, 03:23 AM
So close. I measured today and I'm a smidgeon away from mbl, depending on where I am in my growth cycle (I can't keep track now with not root dying every 4 weeks). Anyway I'll be there within a couple of weeks!!!!

diddiedaisy
October 30th, 2016, 06:14 AM
Hi all, how's everyone doing on the challenge?

I made it to mbl a few months ago but I cut up to 1 inch in September. I did manage to just get back to mbl though!!!

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/CBBADE3D-9E7F-4487-9689-2A152909E414_zps7nbnulto.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CBBADE3D-9E7F-4487-9689-2A152909E414_zps7nbnulto.jpg.html)

Arctic
October 30th, 2016, 06:24 AM
Hi all, how's everyone doing on the challenge?

I made it to mbl a few months ago but I cut up to 1 inch in September. I did manage to just get back to mbl though!!!

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/CBBADE3D-9E7F-4487-9689-2A152909E414_zps7nbnulto.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CBBADE3D-9E7F-4487-9689-2A152909E414_zps7nbnulto.jpg.html)

Wowow Diddiedaisy, your hair is looking really lovely and long and your growth rate is phenomenal!

Mirabele
October 30th, 2016, 07:10 AM
Congratulations Diddiedaisy!!! Your hair looks so long! I havent had much growth lately, i am at solid BSL.

diddiedaisy
October 30th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Thank you :)

yahirwaO.o
October 31st, 2016, 06:58 PM
Omg I failed!!! :( good news are my hemline still look nice and full so its not too bad!

diddiedaisy congratulations! Your hair is indeed longer and prettier! Everytime I see a picture from your looks better after the other!!!

diddiedaisy
November 2nd, 2016, 02:16 AM
Omg I failed!!! :( good news are my hemline still look nice and full so its not too bad!

diddiedaisy congratulations! Your hair is indeed longer and prettier! Everytime I see a picture from your looks better after the other!!!

Thanks, still working on the hemline though!!! I'm going to start maintaining in another 3 inches (presuming I can get another 3 inches). I will be trimming on the way though.

Your hemline looks fantastic, so I wouldn't worry about not hitting mbl :)