PDA

View Full Version : kinky hair top and back head

ALEXIAA
March 23rd, 2016, 03:19 AM
Hello, I'm French and I hope you happened to read my english !!
I have a problem with my hair since 1 YEAR soon;
Indeed, on the top of my head and back, the hair above: I find a lot of frizzy hair, rough, tough, darker on my fons and wavy hair. I discovered this problem when I was doing my shampoo with kéradtase thermal nutri: rich in protein. after 3 sermaines of uses: I felt my rough roots when shampooing.
A few months ago, I used a lot of styling mousse and after shampoo.
My hair would be sensitive to the proteins they? I do not lose my hair, my hormonal balance is good; what's come to my hair? THANK YOU

Mimha
March 23rd, 2016, 03:57 AM
Bonjour Alexiaa.

First of all, welcome to the LHC ! :flower: You'll find a lot of support here for any kind of hair related (and even non hair related^^) problems. We don't always have a key, but sharing experience is already helping ! :grouphug:

Concerning your particular problem, I personally don't have any explanation or solution, but I know that the point is raised form time to time. Here is a link I found about it. You'll find plenty of others threads about this by browsing the forum, using the "search" tool.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=33446&highlight=weird+coarse+hair

Don't worry : these weird hair happen to a lot of people. Often, they come as mysteriously as they disappear. By the way, we all have plenty of different textures of hair on our head, and it's not uncommon to have coarser, darker, crazier hair among sleeker, softer other ones.

I'm a French speaker from "Suisse romande", by the way ! :) It sounds funny to me to write in English to you, but it's the rule on this wonderful international forum. :)

Bonne chance et à bientôt.

ALEXIAA
March 23rd, 2016, 04:01 AM
merci de ta réponse! j'attends des témoignages alors!! bisou

JustPam
March 23rd, 2016, 04:19 AM
Yup those type of hairs are quite normal, I tend to get them around my parting mostly. First time I felt one I thought I had gotten one of my OH's stray beard hairs stuck in there, but nope it was attached to my scalp!

ALEXIAA
March 23rd, 2016, 04:29 AM
they are really very dark and frizzy, rough,
IRREGULAR TEXTURE, too?

yogagirl
March 23rd, 2016, 06:22 AM
I have them too! Some of them are really brittle and feel like a horse hair. It's normal, don't worry. Mine are usually behind my ears, toward the back of my head and some on the top.

ALEXIAA
March 23rd, 2016, 06:29 AM
MERCI Mesdames! do you know the causes?

lapushka
March 23rd, 2016, 08:31 AM
It would help if we would know what kind of hair you have? Straight? Wavy? Curly? You could post a picture of the back of your head and we could hairtype you for you, if you'd like. :) It all depends on the hair texture you have, you see.

ALEXIAA
March 23rd, 2016, 09:12 AM
It would help if we would know what kind of hair you have? Straight? Wavy? Curly? You could post a picture of the back of your head and we could hairtype you for you, if you'd like. :) It all depends on the hair texture you have, you see.

My hair are fine and wavy but the back and top of my head are kinky ,thick, rough

Anje
March 23rd, 2016, 10:17 AM
I've got a few of those hairs too, same spot. They're darker, very coarse, and have a twisted kinky pattern to them that's distinctly different from most of my hair.

Honestly, it's pretty normal, but I don't know if something causes them.

ALEXIAA
March 23rd, 2016, 12:28 PM
You've always had? Or they suddenly appeared like me? THANK YOU

ALEXIAA
March 26th, 2016, 01:00 AM
and you lose your hair for me at all, thank you to those who responded; merci

Sweets
March 26th, 2016, 03:34 AM
I started noticing these hairs a couple years ago, mostly on my crown. I am glad to hear it's so normal! Fortunately I have a lot of new growth (more active follicles everywhere) so it mostly evens out and isn't so noticable.

MermaidKatie
March 26th, 2016, 06:09 AM
This happened to me too, during a fairly stressful time. They grew in on my crown and really freaked me out! I used to pull them out because I thought there was something wrong with me, but then the pulling started becoming a dangerously distressing habit so I stopped doing that! I was getting them for a little over a year - lots of them - but now I hardly ever feel them in my hair.

ALEXIAA
March 26th, 2016, 09:33 AM
This happened to me too, during a fairly stressful time. They grew in on my crown and really freaked me out! I used to pull them out because I thought there was something wrong with me, but then the pulling started becoming a dangerously distressing habit so I stopped doing that! I was getting them for a little over a year - lots of them - but now I hardly ever feel them in my hair.

Thank you for your answers! Me this is not my volunteers , c is all the hair. It disappeared with less stress c is that?

ALEXIAA
March 28th, 2016, 04:05 AM
Thank you for your answers! Me this is not my volunteers , c is all the hair. It disappeared with less stress c is that?

Autres témoignages? Merci

Horrorpops
March 28th, 2016, 04:22 AM
I get these too! I think it's normal but have never found an explanation that made sense.
I find they are often in the top layers and back part of my hair, and the strands of hair can be black, wirey, hard feeling, thicker and kinky curly. Whereas my 'normal' hair is smooth, wavy, light brown and quite fine so these other hairs are very noticeable. :o I like them!

ETA: these I didn't have a few years ago, they seem to have appeared in the last few years. However it could be because that's when I stopped bleaching my hair, which would make these dark course strands more noticeable. Otherwise maybe they just started growing a few years ago, who knows!

ALEXIAA
March 28th, 2016, 04:38 AM
[QUOTE=Horrorpops;3197180]I get these too! I think it's normal but have never found an explanation that made sense.
I find they are often in the top layers and back part of my hair, and the strands of hair can be black, wirey, hard feeling, thicker and kinky curly. Whereas my 'normal' hair is smooth, wavy, light brown and quite fine so these other hairs are very noticeable. :o I like them!

ETA: these I didn't have a few years ago, they seem to have appeared in the last few years. However it could be because that's when I stopped bleaching my hair, which would make these dark course strands more noticeable. Otherwise maybe they just started growing a few years ago, who knows![/QUOTE
MERCI

ALEXIAA
March 28th, 2016, 04:39 AM
Thank you so much

ALEXIAA
March 31st, 2016, 02:09 AM
Others people?

ALEXIAA
April 12th, 2016, 04:20 AM
Other people cause stress?

ALEXIAA
June 10th, 2016, 02:42 AM
Hello, I have the impression of having more and more of these ugly hair: desperate!!!!!!

Arctic
June 10th, 2016, 03:00 AM
Have you seen a doctor yet? How do you take care of your hair? Do you use heat tools regularly? Have you tried new hair routines, as has been suggested to you, to make the coarse hairs happy?

I can understand you are desperate, but you have provided very little information about how your health is, how your hair care habits and styling habits are, what products you use... You also haven't provided photos, even though it's been asked several times.

There is nothing we can do for you, unfortunately. Most of our members are not medical doctors, and even those who are, it would be irresponsible for them to make diagnozes over the internet, based on such vague data.

You have had probably tens of our members tell you by now, that they, too, have similar hairs, and that it is really very common. Most of these people are perfectly healthy. It is normal for hair to change as we age.

I wish you all the best, but since this is bothering you so much, you just might need to book that doctor's appointment. :flower: Most of the time there isn't anything that is wrong, that could be fixed, though. You'll just have to accept your new hairtype, and make the most of it. I understand really well that it's not always easy - I had lot of troubles accepting my own changed hair type, and the process took a long time. I was very unhappy with my hair, untill I slowly got used to them, and learned what kind of hair routines suit my new hair type. So you have my deepest sympathy, but it doesn't change the fact that we can't really help you out, unless you give more information, go to doctor, and try the suggestions already given to you, and try to accept the situation. Having coarse, wiry hair is not the end of the world, they come with many positive qualities, just like any other hair type.

lapushka
June 10th, 2016, 03:16 AM
Hello, I have the impression of having more and more of these ugly hair: desperate!!!!!!

A picture would really be nice. You keep talking about these wiry hairs, but it would be nice if we could actually see, so we can help you better. We can't say more than we've already said, I'm afraid. Also, what's your hair type? Is it 1a, 1b, 1c, in the 2s, 3s even, 4s? I mean, it's difficult to blindly answer these questions.