PDA

View Full Version : Biggest growth in certain period of time?

CreatureBailey
March 21st, 2016, 11:48 PM
So, I was wondering what was your like...the biggest growth you've notice. Like for example when I had just started my hair journey, my hair grew 10 centimeters during the whole season of fall. After that I was always on and off in my routine..like I often let myself go weeks and weeks without massaging my scalp, eating healthy all the time, doing treatments, so there's a lot of times in my journey where my hair was just growing normally, and not more than usual. But my biggest growth memory was this 10 cm in 3 months. I was wondering what was other people's biggest growth over a certain period of time? That might give me hope. :) I need like 7 inches to classic length. I hope I can get there the fastest possible.

Hypothesis
March 22nd, 2016, 02:51 AM
I haven't experienced a huge amount of growth all at one time yet. My hair grows steadily at a snails pace. But I'm intrigued to see what others experience.

Wusel
March 22nd, 2016, 03:58 AM
My hair grew a lot and extremely fast on Hairfinity. But this stuff is wayyy too expensive and I'm on a budget now. I've tried the Inversion Method but massages give me every time increased shedding so I avoid them. I have the feeling that my hair grows faster in the summer and so I'm curious how much I grow from now to my birthday in October. I'm hoping for waist for my birthday. Or for Christmas.

lapushka
March 22nd, 2016, 04:49 AM
But my biggest growth memory was this 10 cm in 3 months. I was wondering what was other people's biggest growth over a certain period of time? That might give me hope. :) I need like 7 inches to classic length. I hope I can get there the fastest possible.

Are you sure that's correct? That's more than 3 cm a month, and more than twice normal growth - a little odd. Might you have measured wrong?

What's up with this "pushing for growth" - not you OP, but in general?

I mean, average growth is 1/2 inch a month, a little over a cm a month. And that's a lot for growth, you can be *glad* you get that as there are people who get far far less than that. I think slow growth, average growth is good quality growth. And I'll leave it at that. ;) I don't believe in all this stuff that is supposed to "enhance" your growth. Personally.

Wusel
March 22nd, 2016, 05:08 AM
Are you sure that's correct? That's more than 3 cm a month, and more than twice normal growth - a little odd. Might you have measured wrong?

What's up with this "pushing for growth" - not you OP, but in general?

I mean, average growth is 1/2 inch a month, a little over a cm a month. And that's a lot for growth, you can be *glad* you get that as there are people who get far far less than that. I think slow growth, average growth is good quality growth. And I'll leave it at that. ;) I don't believe in all this stuff that is supposed to "enhance" your growth. Personally.

I agree with you that too much pushing against your natural growth is not good. I'd never do this for longer than a couple of months. But when I was taking HF I was growing from a little past shoulder to APL, which was really a difficult time because it's a difficult length to protect the ends, and I was happy that it helped with growth so that I reached APL quite fast. But it's nothing for a long term use. It's too expensive and in general I prefer natural growth without pushing and obsessing and measuring 10 times per day. :) I feel muuuch better since I let my hair grow naturally with eggs and salmon :) But I have a comfortable length now which I didn't have at SL+.

*Seraphina*
March 22nd, 2016, 05:08 AM
My hair grew a lot and extremely fast on Hairfinity. But this stuff is wayyy too expensive and I'm on a budget now. I've tried the Inversion Method but massages give me every time increased shedding so I avoid them. I have the feeling that my hair grows faster in the summer and so I'm curious how much I grow from now to my birthday in October. I'm hoping for waist for my birthday. Or for Christmas.

So Hairfinity is really working? How much faster did you hair grow? :)
I hope you will reach waist in October, let's hope it will be a warm summer! My hair loves the sun as well.

Wusel
March 22nd, 2016, 05:14 AM
So Hairfinity is really working? How much faster did you hair grow? :)
I hope you will reach waist in October, let's hope it will be a warm summer! My hair loves the sun as well.

It grew about double as fast as without. I started at shoulder+ and suddenly it was APL. I don't remember exactly, 3-4 months maybe... It was really fast and my scalp was itchy every night which, as many HF users said, was a sign for a growth spurt. And I'm sure it really was. The itching stopped almost instantly when I stopped taking it.

lapushka
March 22nd, 2016, 05:23 AM
I believe HF is just like any other hair/nail supplement, just more expensive. It doesn't contain anything spectacularly new, I don't think. Or does it? If you have to take a supplement, just go with what your regular drugstore has in store. HF is being "marketed" quite smartly ATM (all over YT and such).

*Seraphina*
March 22nd, 2016, 06:16 AM
Thank you Wusel, that is a lot of growth! Did you take the vitamins for four months? That's also a lot of money! ;)

I know lupushka, I just was curious if it really worked.
I do take hair supplements but never had more growth or got a itchy scalp.

Silverbleed
March 22nd, 2016, 06:16 AM
Looking at the Hairfinity ingredients, it doesn't have anything special that my regular vitamins don't have. So it doesn't really convince me to buy it. If that's the magic potion, I'll take some extra vitamins xD

I'm currently checking my hair growth but I haven't done this before so unfortunately I cannot compare :( We almost finished March and that will be the first time I'll be writing down my numbers.
I do believe my hair grows faster in the summer. I have cut of a lot of hair in August and it's all back. I barely experienced any hair growth this winter :(

CreatureBailey
March 22nd, 2016, 06:35 AM
Guys I'm not sure if that was 10 cm...but my ex best friend badly layered my hair (AND cut it when she was not supposed to take off length, 4 years and a half ago when I was about to start 8th grade). The longest layer was to the beginning of my back...like the very beginning. Arrived at the end of fall, in December, the longest layer was like almost reaching my brastrap. But it was still badly cut so yeah... but like, I was just so into it! I still am but I don't have an ''emergency- need to repair and arrange'' feeling anymore...like when my hair had just been messed up by my ex best friend I had this ''adrenaline push'' to get it back so I was sooo disciplined! :) Now I'm trying to keep being disciplined and never getting off track.

CreatureBailey
March 22nd, 2016, 06:37 AM
It grew about double as fast as without. I started at shoulder+ and suddenly it was APL. I don't remember exactly, 3-4 months maybe... It was really fast and my scalp was itchy every night which, as many HF users said, was a sign for a growth spurt. And I'm sure it really was. The itching stopped almost instantly when I stopped taking it.

Is HF dangerous to take? Like can it actually damage the growth, or the hair, or stop the hair growth? I want to try it but I dunno if I feel safe about it! :O Is it like a bunch of good supplements for hair so when you take it the hair gets all it needs to grow? There's nothing harmful at all?

Loktra
March 22nd, 2016, 06:43 AM
I doubt it is dangerous. None of its ingredients are. It isn't a complete multivitamin, it's just a hair formulation. So the only safety risk I'd say is...you shouldn't take it and a multivitamin at the same time.
HF as over 100% daily value of Vitamin A, a fat-soluble vitamin. Meaning any extra your body doesn't use gets stored in fat. Over time (or after VERY large doses), even a vitamin you need to live can be toxic if it builds up in your body like that. However, at only 67% over, I doubt taking HF alone would cause such a thing, even in the long term. I'd just avoid stacking it with anything else with a lot of Vitamin A.

Some people experience acne when taking biotin, which is in HF, and is also THE go-to hair growth supplement. There are threads about the effectiveness and side effects of biotin on here.

Of note: HF is not vegan.

CreatureBailey
March 22nd, 2016, 07:07 AM
Yeah but I think when I finish my Brewer's Yeast treatment (TOMORROW) :toast: I think I'm just gonna get complex-B vitamins. :)

MlleMC
March 22nd, 2016, 08:18 AM
My growth was much faster when I had short hair (most likely because there was less breakage). Until shoulder length, it grew about an inch per month. I once had cornrows done while on vacation, and I kept them for a month after. When I undid them, they were an inch from my head. Now my growth is more like the usual 1/2 inch though.

Anje
March 22nd, 2016, 11:50 AM
Back in 1999, I had the most absurd growth spurt ever. I went to Germany, mostly Bavaria, for a 5 week exchange program. When I left, my hair was well above BSL, and I came back with my hair decidedly past my boobs. We estimate I got about 4 inches of growth in that time.

Unfortunately, I don't know what I did or how to replicate it!

The other less-crazy growth spurt was something I measured right after joining LHC. I joined in January, and my hair was 27". It stayed at 27" through til May, which was seriously annoying. (I mean, I join a hair-growing website, and my hair decides right then to stop growing?!?!) My hair wasn't in bad condition and I was already in the habit of wearing it up, plus I was hennaing it at the time, so I can say confidently that the lack of growth wasn't due to breakage. Between May and the following January, I got 7 inches of growth and my first anniversary had my hair at 34" and hip length. I can't figure out what I did!

lapushka
March 22nd, 2016, 11:54 AM
Why can't I get growth spurts like that! :lol: ;) No, I don't think I want to grow more. :p

Anje
March 22nd, 2016, 12:01 PM
If it hadn't happened to me, I probably wouldn't believe it and I'd say that the person must have been measuring wrong. And I'll freely admit, I didn't measure my hair with the Germany growth spurt, so all I can do is guesstimate, but it was noticeable enough that people were remarking at it when I got back.

Wusel
March 22nd, 2016, 05:15 PM
Back in 1999, I had the most absurd growth spurt ever. I went to Germany, mostly Bavaria, for a 5 week exchange program. When I left, my hair was well above BSL, and I came back with my hair decidedly past my boobs. We estimate I got about 4 inches of growth in that time.

Unfortunately, I don't know what I did or how to replicate it!

The other less-crazy growth spurt was something I measured right after joining LHC. I joined in January, and my hair was 27". It stayed at 27" through til May, which was seriously annoying. (I mean, I join a hair-growing website, and my hair decides right then to stop growing?!?!) My hair wasn't in bad condition and I was already in the habit of wearing it up, plus I was hennaing it at the time, so I can say confidently that the lack of growth wasn't due to breakage. Between May and the following January, I got 7 inches of growth and my first anniversary had my hair at 34" and hip length. I can't figure out what I did!

BAVARIA MAKES HAIR GROW???????!!!!!!! (*jumps in a train to spend Easter vacation in Munich*)

CreatureBailey
March 22nd, 2016, 06:20 PM
BAVARIA MAKES HAIR GROW???????!!!!!!! (*jumps in a train to spend Easter vacation in Munich*)

*jumps in the train next to Wusel* :hifive:

Yaaaaaay ^_^

AutobotsAttack
March 23rd, 2016, 12:44 AM
I do this experiment where I take a large amount of biotin and incorporate more cardio into my workout routine and I always manage to get nearly 2 inches every month when I do that. I haven't done it lately because it just keeps slipping my mind. But I LOVE this experiment thingy I do. Of course there's people who would call it overkill, or too much, but like I said....it's an experiment. And I'm rather healthy, and I workout 6 days a week and weight train. And there's no hereditary diseases that run in my family. The o ly thing I have is eczema and that tends to flare up when there's pollen in the spring time. Other than that, when I take am excessive amount of biotin, my hair and nails grow like crazy. And my body warms up a bit because biotin also helps with your body's ability to metabolize things. Everyone's body is different and responds to supplements differently. For me, it works well. It doesn't matter how many science articles or experiments are done that claim that biotin doesn't work for anyone. Like I said, everyone is different. Of course it will not work for everyone, but it can work for some. So I think you can just play around with things. And make sure your body is healthy enough for it. And drinking lots of water always helps me, and doing scalp massages and eating clean, with tons of iron, protein, and good fats.

AJNinami
March 23rd, 2016, 06:26 AM
Is HF dangerous to take? Like can it actually damage the growth, or the hair, or stop the hair growth? I want to try it but I dunno if I feel safe about it! :O Is it like a bunch of good supplements for hair so when you take it the hair gets all it needs to grow? There's nothing harmful at all?

Hairfinity causes severe cystic acne in a large percentage of its takers, I would be careful.

Edit: So can B-6 and B-12, I just went off of it as my jawline acne was extremely painful and now it's calmed down a ton and doesn't burn anymore.

CreatureBailey
March 23rd, 2016, 06:34 AM
But do you guys think it's okay to keep taking Biotin or should I take a break from it?

lapushka
March 23rd, 2016, 07:03 AM
But do you guys think it's okay to keep taking Biotin or should I take a break from it?

How much exactly are you taking? Have you read this:
http://igorsbelltower.blogspot.be/p/infamous-biotin-rant.html