PDA

View Full Version : Which would cause more damage?

urara12
March 21st, 2016, 02:41 AM
1. Every 3rd day washing(no SLS) and blow dry hair.

2.every other day washing cleansing conditioner and blow dry.

I guess 1? Because less bloe dry?

Wusel
March 21st, 2016, 03:11 AM
Why are you asking? Do you want to change your routine?
Blow drying isn't good for hair and should be reduced, yes, the more you air dry the better for your hair.

Arctic
March 21st, 2016, 03:11 AM

Define blowdrying.

Would your shampoo washing include using conditioner?

What kind of scalp and hair you have?

Blow drying isn't good for hair and should be reduced, yes, the more you air dry the better for your hair.

Again, define blow drying.

Not all blow drying is bad for hair, and there has even been studies that seem to point that faster drying time is better for hair health (using gentle methods, of course).

Wusel
March 21st, 2016, 03:22 AM
Again, define blow drying.

Not all blow drying is bad for hair, and there has even been studies that seem to point that faster drying time is better for hair health (using gentle methods, of course).

Really? What are gentle methods? Cold blow drying? Or with a diffusor?

Arctic
March 21st, 2016, 03:31 AM
Really? What are gentle methods? Cold blow drying? Or with a diffusor?

I'm in a bit of a hurry right now, but I and many others have written about gentle blow drying methods tens, if not hundreds of times before. It takes me 10-15 minutes to type a detailed answer. Maybe look for old posts, you'll also find more info about the studies made. It gets very repetitive to write same things over and over again.

Wusel
March 21st, 2016, 03:46 AM
I'm in a bit of a hurry right now, but I and many others have written about gentle blow drying methods tens, if not hundreds of times before. It takes me 10-15 minutes to type a detailed answer. Maybe look for old posts, you'll also find more info about the studies made. It gets very repetitive to write same things over and over again.

Okay! :) Thank you! :)

Sarahm
March 21st, 2016, 04:26 AM
Okay! :) Thank you! :)

Hi, here's a thread about blow drying that might answer your questions: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130790

lapushka
March 21st, 2016, 05:44 AM
Blow drying isn't necessarily bad. I disagree with Wusel, here. It all depends on how you blow dry. If you use the dryer on cool to warm it is *more* than okay. If you can hold your hand in the airstream for a long time without it burning, then it's a sign you've got the right temperature.

Edit: oh, I see other posters have already addressed this issue. :o

lapushka
March 21st, 2016, 05:47 AM

The more you can stretch washes, the more beneficial it is to your hair - regardless of the way you dry it. If you can't stretch, then it's okay to wash/dry every day, but I'd at least try.