PDA

View Full Version : thermasilk/sunsilk replacement

KellieKay
March 17th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Years ago I used Thermasilk and then Sunsilk until they stopped making them. Does anyone know of a product that gives that kind of result? They left my hair soft and manageable. Thanks for all replies.

lapushka
March 17th, 2016, 04:46 PM
I think Sunsilk was quite siliconey. Any good silicone product might do. I recommend the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. It is an amazing detangler, good for dry, damaged hair (dry lengths) and so it should do the trick.

KellieKay
March 17th, 2016, 05:29 PM
Thanks I will try it.

LateRose
March 17th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Oooh. Thermasilk. I looooved Thermasilk. I have no replacement ideas, sadly. Why do they discontinue all my favorite things? ;) ( never mind me, I'm in mourning over my favorite hairspray just now...)

I do have to add that the Hello Hydration did *not* play nice with my hair the last time I used it, but my hair was behaving very very strangely then. I shall have to try again sometime...after this everlasting Pantene runs out.

LongCurlyTress
March 17th, 2016, 06:39 PM
You can still purchase them on Amazon and/or Ebay. Good luck!! :cool:

renia22
March 17th, 2016, 08:15 PM
I loved both of those too. If you have any Korean markets in your area, you can still find Sunsilk. The packaging is little different than the ones that used to be sold in the US, and I'm not sure if the scents and formulas are exactly the same, but it's out there. Also a brand called Sedal is supposed to be very similar to Sunsilk. Even the packaging looks similar. You can find it in certain Hispanic markets, or online.

pailin
March 17th, 2016, 08:15 PM
I don't know about Thermasilk, but Sunsilk is still available here so they are still making it.

diddiedaisy
March 18th, 2016, 04:38 AM
According to google Walmart do sunsilk thermashine, is that the same? Amazon also sell it. :)

lapushka
March 18th, 2016, 05:09 AM
They used to have Sunsilk here in Belgium, but my mom hasn't seen it around in ages either (or she'd have bought me some). Odd. I think I used my last bottle of it a long time ago. Top notch stuff, very smooth!

KittyBird
March 18th, 2016, 07:00 AM
We've got sunsilk here in Norway, it's my favourite conditioner! I hope you'll manage to find it somewhere :)

Inga-Marjukka
March 18th, 2016, 08:35 AM
I just bought a Sunsilk conditioner and I'm loving it lots and lots! It'd be a shame if it weren't available in Finland anymore :-(

KellieKay
March 18th, 2016, 11:39 AM
A lot of my favorite things get discontinued. :(