PDA

View Full Version : Scissors questions .........

CreatureBailey
March 14th, 2016, 10:32 PM
Guys I'm sorry I ask so much questions

Okay. So I just accidentally (I'm doing S&D) and I just like..my scissors were opened and I did not cut any hair. But I accidentally rubbed the blade on some of my hair. It did not cut them.

But...did it hurt them? Did it cut a bit of the cuticle? :( Did it cause breakage? It was just like...zzzhp. Just like a little rubbing on some of them...did it harm them?

Or does this make zero difference? Are they strong enough that it doesn't do anything??

Ahhhhhh freaking hair growing world where you're all fine and then 5 minutes later you mess up and everyday you freak out cause you think you messed up ahhhhhhhhhhh :( Grrrrrrr...!!!!! :( :(

Llama
March 14th, 2016, 11:15 PM
I think you would be able to tell if it caused breakage- did the hair look any different?
How big was the section of hair that you swiped with the blade?
I'm sure it's fine and nothing to worry about.

CreatureBailey
March 14th, 2016, 11:34 PM
I'm sure it's fine and nothing to worry about.

Okay...I will hold on to this... :heart:

Daydreamer.
March 15th, 2016, 01:03 AM
Something like this happened to me before. I was trimming oiled hair. The scissors slid across my hair. It cut some of my hair and crimped the rest. I had to cut above the crimp. Later on, some of the hair I missed became ragged and split.

Arctic
March 15th, 2016, 03:04 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. Take it as a learning experience and be more careful with scissors from now on. Sometimes people accidently cut chunk of hair, so it's good to pay sharp attention (pun intended) when using/holding shears.

Nellon
March 15th, 2016, 06:04 AM
Nah, i'm sure you're fine! In life we all make tiny small mistakes and mishaps happen. That's normal. Enjoy your healthy beautiful hair, try to focus on positive things and the bigger picture. Take a deep breath. You'll be fine!!

lapushka
March 15th, 2016, 07:15 AM
I'm sure it's just fine. Don't freak out. I get the feeling you freak out a lot over tinier things (or is this just me?) and that isn't the way to go. If it's just a few hairs, it's fine! :flower:

meteor
March 15th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Nah, i'm sure you're fine! In life we all make tiny small mistakes and mishaps happen. That's normal. Enjoy your healthy beautiful hair, try to focus on positive things and the bigger picture. Take a deep breath. You'll be fine!!

Well put! :thumbsup: It's pretty impossible to avoid all damage completely - it's about the big picture! ;) CreatureBailey, it sounds like you take great care of your beautiful hair, so small things like this won't manage to hurt your mane! Happy growing! :cheer:

Something like this happened to me before. I was trimming oiled hair. The scissors slid across my hair. It cut some of my hair and crimped the rest. I had to cut above the crimp. Later on, some of the hair I missed became ragged and split.

Ouch, do you mean like: scissors "rolling" along the length a bit, instead of cutting across, as you are trying to trim? Could it mean that the hair requires a lot more sectioning, i.e. less hair for the scissors to work without rolling? Or maybe the blades need sharpening? :hmm:

languagenut
March 15th, 2016, 06:39 PM
I'm sure it's just fine. Don't freak out. I get the feeling you freak out a lot over tinier things (or is this just me?) and that isn't the way to go. If it's just a few hairs, it's fine! :flower:

Exactly. Remember, worry causes stress, and too much stress isn't good for hair, you know ;).

Hair was designed to grow, and if you just relax and do your best, you will achieve your goals! :knit:

CreatureBailey
March 15th, 2016, 10:18 PM
Day after day being with you guys has made me less stressed with my hair because of your comforting words. :) Thank you all so much. This place is like a home. :grouphug:

Daydreamer.
March 16th, 2016, 03:56 AM
Well put! :thumbsup: It's pretty impossible to avoid all damage completely - it's about the big picture! ;) CreatureBailey, it sounds like you take great care of your beautiful hair, so small things like this won't manage to hurt your mane! Happy growing! :cheer: Ouch, do you mean like: scissors "rolling" along the length a bit, instead of cutting across, as you are trying to trim? Could it mean that the hair requires a lot more sectioning, i.e. less hair for the scissors to work without rolling? Or maybe the blades need sharpening? :hmm: It's like it cut halfway across the section, slid a little, and clamped the other half of the section. So, it's like I got a partial cut than a clean cut. Come to think of it, I should've cut less hair....