PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Ever...

YvetteVarie
March 14th, 2016, 08:42 AM
I recently realised that I had an enormous shed. My normally iii hair is now down to a lower ii, and I also lost length. I have gone back to barely shoulder from almost below my shoulder blade. Has anyone else experienced such a shed? what did you do to recover? I would really appreciate hearing from people who experienced such sheds and recovered (or are recovering)

PS: After the big shed, my hair is now back to normal amounts of shedding (50-100 hairs a day). I had no medical issues at the time of the shed (although now I have a nagging headache and almost continuous nausea and vomiting after meals).

lapushka
March 14th, 2016, 08:45 AM
From iii to barely ii is a *lot*, more than normal - oh boy! I'd get thee to a doctor pronto to get some bloodwork done and to get a full physical. It's way too strange and odd to just deal with on your own. Something hormonal could be going on. You might have a shortage of some kind. Get it checked, that would be my advice. :) :flower:

lillielil
March 14th, 2016, 08:46 AM
I'm so sorry about your shed! I hope that whatever is causing the headaches and stomach ills is resolved quickly. There is a thread for shed support - http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=134545. Please feel free to join us - there is a lot of good information about what has worked for different people.

Wusel
March 16th, 2016, 11:39 AM
I recently realised that I had an enormous shed. My normally iii hair is now down to a lower ii, and I also lost length. I have gone back to barely shoulder from almost below my shoulder blade. Has anyone else experienced such a shed? what did you do to recover? I would really appreciate hearing from people who experienced such sheds and recovered (or are recovering)

PS: After the big shed, my hair is now back to normal amounts of shedding (50-100 hairs a day). I had no medical issues at the time of the shed (although now I have a nagging headache and almost continuous nausea and vomiting after meals).

What about pregnancy...? Reminds me of my first trimester...
My body was getting rid of ballast to prepare itself for something BIG. An almost 5 kilos heavy baby. :D

YvetteVarie
March 17th, 2016, 08:27 AM
I am currently having my withdrawal bleeding (I am on the pill.). But I was recently worried I was pregnant. I might have to do a pregnancy test soon

luxurioushair
March 18th, 2016, 06:24 AM
Didn't you chemically treat your hair recently, if I remember correctly? It's a good idea to consider that as a possible cause of your shedding.

Wusel
March 18th, 2016, 06:33 AM
I am currently having my withdrawal bleeding (I am on the pill.). But I was recently worried I was pregnant. I might have to do a pregnancy test soon

So, when you have your withdrawal bleeding regularly and didn't take antibiotics or other medication or had a whole day of diarrhea or forgot a pill I don't think that it's possible that you are pregnant... But sometimes it's good to do a test anyhow...