PDA

View Full Version : Need shampoo recommendations

Vanilla
March 12th, 2016, 09:36 AM
I'm looking for some shampoo recommendations. I'm nearly out of my Pink Creme Shampoo from Madora George Michael, and I'm looking to switch things up a bit. I need SLS or SLES to clean my scalp; I don't do very well with SLS-free shampoos. Also, it needs to be cone/protein free.

Thanks in advance!

EdG
March 12th, 2016, 09:45 AM
I have had good results with Alberto VO5 shampoo for normal hair. It is strong and so it has to be diluted.
Ed

Vanilla
March 12th, 2016, 09:48 AM
I have had good results with Alberto VO5 shampoo for normal hair. It is strong and so it has to be diluted.
Ed

EdG, how much do you dilute it?

EdG
March 12th, 2016, 10:09 AM
EdG, how much do you dilute it?I put maybe a few tablespoons of shampoo in the bottom of a 6 cup plastic container, fill with water, and stir. This does about three shampoo/rinse cycles, all in one washing. There aren't many suds, but my scalp is very clean afterwards.
Ed

lapushka
March 12th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Pantene Aqua Light is my fave! It has both SLS & SLES. I like it because of that; keeps my SD at bay pretty well.

MsPharaohMoan
March 12th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Seconding aqua light! Does the job for the scalp, can be used to clarify the length when necessary.

Nadine <3
March 12th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Suave. Cheep, cleansing but not drying and no silicones or protein. The coconut one has protein though so avoid that particular one. I tend to favor aloe and waterlily and everlasting sunshine.

I love the conditioner too.

Seeshami
March 12th, 2016, 11:08 PM
Still using what ever smells good and not reading the label like a heathen. I wish I could help out but no idea whats in the Herbal Essences or Suave I am using. I like Tressume too.

turtlelover
March 12th, 2016, 11:49 PM
I like Pantene Ice Shine -- cone free but has sulfates. I don't like the conditioner that goes with it, but I really like the shampoo a lot.

Vanilla
March 14th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Thanks everyone. I looked for Pantene Aqua Light, and couldn't find it locally. Maybe it's being discontinued? I checked the local beauty discount store (which has a great selection) and Walgreens and neither carried it.

school of fish
March 14th, 2016, 07:10 PM
Seconding Pantene Ice Shine :) I've been using it and the matching conditioner for a year now and hair is happy happy! The conditioner does have a silicone in it though about halfway down the ingredient list - supposed to be one of the ones that resists building up but still, you should know it's in there :)

If I recall correctly, Ice Shine and Aqua Light have remarkably similar ingredient lists - in fact I *think* most of the clear Pantene shampoos have pretty similar ingredients... would have to look it up to be sure though :)

pailin
March 14th, 2016, 07:37 PM
You might also look at the Pantene Lively Clean (another clear one). Here we don't have Aqua Light but we do have Aqua Pure (very similar I suspect; that's what I use).

Daydreamer.
March 15th, 2016, 01:40 AM
Try Herbal Essences smooth shampoo. It smells nice and cleans well.

Plix
March 15th, 2016, 03:35 AM
I use quite a few different shampoos for my hair. I use Pantene products mostly for my hair but I also use this (https://www.mapleholistics.com/products/hair-care/sage-shampoo/) once in a while so my hair doesn't get used to one brand.

lapushka
March 15th, 2016, 07:37 AM
If I recall correctly, Ice Shine and Aqua Light have remarkably similar ingredient lists - in fact I *think* most of the clear Pantene shampoos have pretty similar ingredients... would have to look it up to be sure though :)

Yes they're not that dissimilar. And the volumizing shampoo by Pantene is good as well, if you can't find either of those! (no silicones in it either)

Aqua Light is carried here. It's not in the range they have at our local Lidl (they have the volumizing one), but in the regular drugstores like KV (Kruidvat), they do still have it. This is Belgium, so fat lot a good that'll do you. ;) But I'm just sayin'. :lol: I don't think it's discontinued.

Maybe online?

Vanilla
March 26th, 2016, 07:08 AM
Thanks everyone for the recommendations. The ice shine is easier to find around me, and I'll try that.