PDA

View Full Version : Growing my hair again- I'm back!

Caraid♫
March 11th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Long time no see, everybody!
A few months ago, I chopped my hair into a bob if anyone remembers that, and (predictably) I'm already planning on growing it out again! No regrets or anything, I'm surprisingly not bemoaning the fact that I cut off years worth of hair to only keep the bob for a few months- I'm trying to view it as another fun hair growing project and hopefully will enjoy all the new lengths on the way. I don't know if I'll make it to tailbone again. I guess I plan to stop at whatever length I like best!
Anyways just thought I'd pop in and say hello again, maybe I will post pics later as a new starting point for length progress :D

Pat Wright
March 11th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Welcome back. Good growing to you!

Agnes Hannah
March 11th, 2016, 10:10 AM
I remember you! welcome back Caraid! your hair was beautiful at tailbone by the way. Glad you are growing again, I think each stage is a project and we should enjoy it, whatever the length, otherwise it wouldn't be fun!

LongCurlyTress
March 11th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Welcome back Caraid!! I did the same in March, 2011 but to cut off the dyed brassy length that had grown out to a chin length curly3b bob. I tried to enjoy it along the way but I really did miss my length, ALOT!! Kind of went into a depression as if felt like I had lost a limb or something. Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and welcome back. You can do all kinds of fun styles like a peacock french twist with chin length side bangs, and a regular french twist with a fancy comb poking into the side of the twist. This was one of my favorite styles to do as my hair was growing back.
Your hair is always in such beautiful, healthy condition, that I am certain it will grow back fast.

Did you finish your graduate degree? Hugs!! :blossom::blossom:

morrigan*
March 11th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Welcome back!! :wigtongue

lapushka
March 11th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Welcome back, Caraid, and happy growing! :D

Groovy Granny
March 11th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Yay....welcome back :flowers:

You got it out of your system and have learned from it....now HAPPY GROWING :cheer:

Looking forward to your progress pics :popcorn:

fiğrildi
March 11th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Welcome back, Caraid :)

I remember your long, red locks! I'm glad that you're enjoying the new haircut, and I hope that your growing journey will be great and fun :flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
March 11th, 2016, 01:52 PM
Welcome back, lovely to see you here again! :)

Wusel
March 11th, 2016, 02:50 PM
:joy: :cheer: Welcome back!!! I remember you too! Happy growing!!!

Caraid♫
March 11th, 2016, 03:48 PM
thanks so much everybody! feel great to be growing again!
LongCurlyTress I'm sorry the cut threw you into such a funk, that doesn't sound fun at all! At least you've grown it all back now :) I'm just about done my studies- one more month!! I can hardly believe it!
Groovy Granny- yes it's definitely something I had to get out of my system! now that I've experienced the bob, I can now appreciate how much I love having long hair :D

Caraid♫
March 11th, 2016, 04:20 PM
PS, this is my current length- it's even a bit shorter than from the initial cut. I've been trimming it quite a bit these past months because it's been growing uncommonly fast since I starting taking b12 for a deficiency! now that I wanted it to grow though, it probably wont seem like it's growing very fast anymore hahaha
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21986&d=1457738013
This picture is from the front with my head turned to the side- looks a little wonky because my hair is covering my face

Sarahlabyrinth
March 11th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Even at that length it's gorgeous!

Caraid♫
March 11th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Even at that length it's gorgeous!

thank you!! :o:blossom:

meteor
March 11th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Yay, welcome back, Caraid♫ ! :joy: Yes, I definitely remember that post and that cool bob! Your hair is gorgeous! I'm so happy you are growing your mane back again!
Happy growing! :cheer: And congratulations on being so close to graduating! :cake"

LongCurlyTress
March 11th, 2016, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=Caraid♫;3187219]thanks so much everybody! feel great to be growing again!
LongCurlyTress I'm sorry the cut threw you into such a funk, that doesn't sound fun at all! At least you've grown it all back now :) I'm just about done my studies- one more month!! I can hardly believe it!

Congratulations!! I am guessing your graduate degree is in something related to music??? ;) It is so nice to have you back again. I always looked forward to your thoughtful comments. :blossom: So happy you are back with us! And like others, I am looking forward to watching your thick tresses grow and grow and grow! :flower:

earthybee
March 11th, 2016, 05:12 PM
:joy: YAY I'm glad you're back! It grows suprisingly fast after a nice chop. Happy growing! :love:

Caraid♫
March 11th, 2016, 09:27 PM
[QUOTE=Caraid♫;3187219]thanks so much everybody! feel great to be growing again!

Congratulations!! I am guessing your graduate degree is in something related to music??? ;) It is so nice to have you back again. I always looked forward to your thoughtful comments. :blossom: So happy you are back with us! And like others, I am looking forward to watching your thick tresses grow and grow and grow! :flower:

Yes I'll have a degree in opera- :cool: now to figure how to make a living with that! :p haha I will figure it all out in due time, I'm happy to be trained in what I love! thank you for your kind comments!

earthybee nice to see you again! I sure hope you're right!

Theobroma
March 12th, 2016, 04:08 AM
Welcome back! Of course I remember you -- and weren't you the one who was considering selling off her hairtoys? I hope you hung onto your favourite pieces, since clearly you'll be able to use them again in time.

Opera -- go you! I started voice lessons again two-and-a-half years ago after a long layoff and I'm enjoying it so much now. :D

Mademoiselle
March 12th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Hi Caraid ! Nice to meet you ^^ So I see you have very long hair before cut it, now you have experience in letting your hair grow, this is great :) I wish your growth path is funny and happy !

lines-wine
March 12th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Welcome back Caraid & I hope your journey back to long hair is a fun one.

Juanita
March 12th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Welcome back. I remember you from before.
Congratulations on your coming graduation.
Enjoy your new hair journey.

Gaelic Girl
March 12th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Welcome back! :blossom:

chen bao jun
March 12th, 2016, 03:07 PM
I'm so glad you're back, I always loved looking at your long hair. I hope it grows again very fast. You look nice both ways but welcome back to the long hair club.

And how cool, not one but two people learning opera! That's like my favorite thing! Always trying to get the hubby to appreciate it by explaining what it requires--I did impress him the other day by telling him that opera singers are not mic'd--that's all their actual power, singing over a whole orchestra in a large hall. And we went to see South Pacific and I told him how in the original production, the WONDERFUL Mary Martin (Nellie), a great voice and a great Broadway star, had to have the music written so that she never sang at the same time as Ezio Pinza (Emile), just simply because she could not compete with his operatically trained voice. Of course he was great even for opera, but other types of singing just do not require the years of training and the skills needed, as well as the natural talent from God. You still cannot fake this with technology's help, and I think that's something.

I think hubby finally 'got' a little bit of what I was saying--although I doubt I'll be able to drag him anytime soon to the opera.

Caraid♫
March 12th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Welcome back! Of course I remember you -- and weren't you the one who was considering selling off her hairtoys? I hope you hung onto your favourite pieces, since clearly you'll be able to use them again in time.

Opera -- go you! I started voice lessons again two-and-a-half years ago after a long layoff and I'm enjoying it so much now. :D
I was indeed thinking of selling my hairtoys! thankfully everyone seemed to know I might grow my hair back some time in the future and advised me to hold on to them for a little while! And I've actually been using my forks almost daily to hold up a french twist thingy anyways! very thankful I kept them! Congrats at getting back into singing- it's good for the soul! ;)

I'm so glad you're back, I always loved looking at your long hair. I hope it grows again very fast. You look nice both ways but welcome back to the long hair club.

And how cool, not one but two people learning opera! That's like my favorite thing! Always trying to get the hubby to appreciate it by explaining what it requires--I did impress him the other day by telling him that opera singers are not mic'd--that's all their actual power, singing over a whole orchestra in a large hall. And we went to see South Pacific and I told him how in the original production, the WONDERFUL Mary Martin (Nellie), a great voice and a great Broadway star, had to have the music written so that she never sang at the same time as Ezio Pinza (Emile), just simply because she could not compete with his operatically trained voice. Of course he was great even for opera, but other types of singing just do not require the years of training and the skills needed, as well as the natural talent from God. You still cannot fake this with technology's help, and I think that's something.

I think hubby finally 'got' a little bit of what I was saying--although I doubt I'll be able to drag him anytime soon to the opera.
Thanks chen! Opera is definitely a crazy thing- unfortunately some people will probably just never enjoy it, it seems to be a bit of an acquired taste! Which is fine of course, but it's too bad you can't get your husband to enjoy it with you! :p

Thank you lines-wine, Juanita, Gaelic Girl and Mademoiselle also!! :blossom:

sleepingduty
March 12th, 2016, 07:22 PM
Welcome back Caraid and happy hair growing:)

longhairjenny
March 12th, 2016, 08:58 PM
I think a lot of us at one point or another are in the "growing again" club. I know I am!

I'm a little over a year past my big chop. For me right after the big cut I feel great. For about 3 months maybe. Then I start to regret it, just a little. Then the regret grows into an obsession of wanting my long hair back. A total obsession. Then acceptance sets it. Now I'm enjoying the journey. Trying to enjoy my hair at each length. And trying to remember how it feels so I don't chop it again next time! Live and learn! :heartbeat

chen bao jun
March 12th, 2016, 10:05 PM
chen[/B]! Opera is definitely a crazy thing- unfortunately some people will probably just never enjoy it, it seems to be a bit of an acquired taste! Which is fine of course, but it's too bad you can't get your husband to enjoy it with you! :p

:

Like most people who don't enjoy opera, my husband has never actually been to one. I fail to see how you can know you don't enjoy something you've never seen..He hasn't even ever sat through a tv performance or a movie, much less enjoyed what one of my friends calls the 'theatre' experience part of it--the spectacular costumes and sets at places like the Met..
The first time a friend had me listen to Maria Callas singing Casta Diva on a record, I cried because it was so beautiful. And she's not even one of the really beautiful voices. I don't think it's acquired. Acquired to me is like beer, which is nasty the first time (and the second time..) not something that can make you cry from the sheer wonder that sounds like that can come out of a human throat.
threadjack over.

Caraid♫
March 13th, 2016, 04:59 AM
Like most people who don't enjoy opera, my husband has never actually been to one. I fail to see how you can know you don't enjoy something you've never seen..He hasn't even ever sat through a tv performance or a movie, much less enjoyed what one of my friends calls the 'theatre' experience part of it--the spectacular costumes and sets at places like the Met..
The first time a friend had me listen to Maria Callas singing Casta Diva on a record, I cried because it was so beautiful. And she's not even one of the really beautiful voices. I don't think it's acquired. Acquired to me is like beer, which is nasty the first time (and the second time..) not something that can make you cry from the sheer wonder that sounds like that can come out of a human throat.
threadjack over.
perhaps acquired wasn't the right word. I just mean that some people really dont like the sound of classical singing. It's so different from most other styles of singing- who knows, maybe they find it too loud, too high pitched (sopranos at least), too over-dramatic, too much vibrato... Whereas for other people like you, beautiful operatic singing is enough to make you cry from the sheer beauty and admiration/appreciation of their amazing technical abilities (I'm in that boat too obviously!) I agree though that in that case, your husband should definitely see an opera before dismissing the art form!! He might find the singing more beautiful within the dramatic context and as part of the whole theatre experience :)

Caraid♫
March 13th, 2016, 05:02 AM
I think a lot of us at one point or another are in the "growing again" club. I know I am!

I'm a little over a year past my big chop. For me right after the big cut I feel great. For about 3 months maybe. Then I start to regret it, just a little. Then the regret grows into an obsession of wanting my long hair back. A total obsession. Then acceptance sets it. Now I'm enjoying the journey. Trying to enjoy my hair at each length. And trying to remember how it feels so I don't chop it again next time! Live and learn! :heartbeat

That's exactly me! I've enjoyed the cut for approximately 3 months, and now I'm remembering how I loved having long hair! Glad we can be in the growing again club together! If you see me make a post about chopping back again, please try to dissuade me!! :p

Thank you also Sleepingduty! :D

Kimberly
March 13th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Welcome back, Caraid. I've always especially admired your signature photo. :-)

lapushka
March 13th, 2016, 02:37 PM
If you see me make a post about chopping back again, please try to dissuade me!! :p

Oh I'm sure we'll be all over you! :p

LongCurlyTress
March 13th, 2016, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=LongCurlyTress;3187278]

Yes I'll have a degree in opera- :cool: now to figure how to make a living with that! :p haha I will figure it all out in due time, I'm happy to be trained in what I love! thank you for your kind comments!

earthybee nice to see you again! I sure hope you're right!

Wow! Opera?? How wonderful and self-actualizing!! A cousin of mine got her BA? in Music/Opera at Carnegie Melon and she is now working in NYC but also recording covers and her songs on Youtube. She had her senior project/recital live online so we were fortunate to tune into her live performance. Wow! I now love opera!! :lala:

This is "just" a cover that she recorded on youtube to get her voice out there... Maybe you could do the same?? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otqYPDfjqeg

Caraid♫
March 14th, 2016, 07:49 AM
Thank you Kimberly !!

Oh I'm sure we'll be all over you! :p
good! I'll hold you to that! :p

[QUOTE=Caraid♫;3187420]

Wow! Opera?? How wonderful and self-actualizing!! A cousin of mine got her BA? in Music/Opera at Carnegie Melon and she is now working in NYC but also recording covers and her songs on Youtube. She had her senior project/recital live online so we were fortunate to tune into her live performance. Wow! I now love opera!! :lala:

This is "just" a cover that she recorded on youtube to get her voice out there... Maybe you could do the same?? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otqYPDfjqeg
Wow your cousin is talented!! I love that you can stream concerts etc online nowadays- it's amazing when family and friends who can't be there can tune in from a different city!
I do have some youtube stuff actually. If you're curious LongCurlyTress, I can pm you a link :) :blossom:

Theobroma
March 14th, 2016, 08:08 AM
I do have some youtube stuff actually. If you're curious LongCurlyTress, I can pm you a link :) :blossom:

Ooh, me too, please? :)

Caraid♫
March 14th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Ooh, me too, please? :)

:o done! :blossom:

Theobroma
March 14th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Thank you! :flower:

LadyLongLocks
March 14th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Welcome back and may your new long hair journey be fun :o

Caraid♫
March 16th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Welcome back and may your new long hair journey be fun :o

thanks so much! Fun is the most important part, I'm so excited to experience all the new stages again :D