PDA

View Full Version : Hair caught in the zipper...

CreatureBailey
March 10th, 2016, 05:12 PM
So yesterday I wasn't careful and zipped my coat and the ends of my braid caught in it. I managed to free it, but three hair got cut about 1 cm because of it. I DID NOT ASK FOR THOSE HAIRS TO BE CUT! :demon:

Like I was literally insulted the whole day. I felt like the universe gave me a huge f*** you. Like I am a hair grower and everything and then suddenly a little accident happens and it CUTS SOME OF THEM. Am I a joke or what? :rant:

I just hope it didn't damage my hair? Does anyone ever had this happened to them? Does it cause breakage or literally nothing?

Shelley48
March 11th, 2016, 12:16 AM
It doesn't sound like it was too awful if you were able to free them without cutting it off its scissors! I think this kind of stuff happens with everyone :) 1cm isn't a lot, and neither is 3 hairs.

It would probably cause breakage if it happened everyday. But once or twice a year, nah. You're good!

CreatureBailey
March 11th, 2016, 12:32 AM
Well, I guess I just gotta be more careful! From now one I will be extra careful when I zip my coats...

lapushka
March 11th, 2016, 02:12 AM
3 hairs? Honestly? Try and not worry about it as much, because 3 hairs is nothing. :) Says someone who alarmed everyone to her breakage when 5 hairs broke at the ends. :lol: I guess we all do it, don't we? ;)

lithostoic
March 11th, 2016, 07:24 AM
It's 3 hairs yo. Don't trip.

lillielil
March 11th, 2016, 08:09 AM

:thumbsup:

restless
March 11th, 2016, 10:35 AM

lol :D

OP, dont worry, youŽve got like 150 000 more of Žem. I do agree its irritating when it happens though. The other year I accidentally had a whole chunk of hair being caught in the zipper of my jacket while I was grocery shopping. That wasnt exactly the best time and place to stop and try to save them poor, trapped ends either. I still remember the internal dialogue and how it only consisted of one, single word of desperation. "f***...". :shake:

Anje
March 11th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Yep, don't stress about it.

Also, hairs caught in zippers that don't break get the weirdest zigzaggy bumps in them. It's bizarre.

Groovy Granny
March 11th, 2016, 11:28 AM
It is a right of passage for long hairs IMHO

The amount you lost was negligible; forget about it!

Once you do it....you will NOT forget to check lol....anything else is purely accidental; it happens and it will be fine :)

CreatureBailey
March 11th, 2016, 01:47 PM
''It's just three hairs'' yeah but I only have three hairs toooooo ahhh

Okay actually no :liar:

I stand in the average

But I have more thin than thick hair, so it makes me panic more. But thanks for the comfort I needed it :D

Arctic
March 11th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Hey anyone who has a hair named Creature Bailey has a substantial, awesome hair! Those baileys are energetic creatures who don't mind some hairy casualties every now and they. They will grow new, better than before fur in no time :D

meteor
March 11th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Hey anyone who has a hair name Creature Bailey has a substantial, awesome hair! Those baileys are energetic creatures who don't mind some hairy casualties every now and they. They will grow new, better than before fur in no time :D

I concur completely! :agree: Creature Bailey, may your scalp quickly produce replacement strands for these casualties! ;)
I think zippers can be pretty dangerous around hair: I'd just put a hand between the zipper and the hair as you are zipping your clothing or simply move all the hair out of the way. I like to put all my hair up before I even get dressed (or at least right after putting on clothes with narrow collars).

Yep, don't stress about it.

Also, hairs caught in zippers that don't break get the weirdest zigzaggy bumps in them. It's bizarre.

Hmm, now I really want to see what that looks like! :D Googling images of "zipper hair" doesn't give me any results (though it does show some *incredible* hairstyles!).

CreatureBailey
March 11th, 2016, 05:01 PM
Awww thanks guys you're too nice :3 <3 <3 <3

browneyedsusan
March 12th, 2016, 09:06 AM
It happens.

(Once or twice a winter for me! I just try to free them and go on with my business.)
Sometimes, I LIKE to wear my hair down. If I wear it down, getting caught in stuff is a risk I take. Too bad, so sad. I shake it off and move on. :)

lines-wine
March 12th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Creature Bailey - it kinda sucks when you do this, but 3 hairs won't make too much of a difference - trust me.

Doom
March 12th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Hair caught in the zipper? That happened to me too. It broke the zipper. :doh:

spidermom
March 12th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Don't worry, you've got at least 99,997 more hairs. Some of them will shed out today because they've reached the end of their growth cycles. Maybe one of those hairs will be one of the three you're stressing about right now. New hairs will grow in. It's all good.