PDA

View Full Version : haircut, new brush, lost purse

spidermom
March 9th, 2016, 05:34 PM
I've been bothered by feelings that I need a change in my hair for weeks. My hair was layered, then I had a lot of shedding in October/November, which left my hair quite thin in comparison to what it had been. In addition, I had thousands of split ends, partially because the last stylist who cut my hair slithered the layers. That was fine; I'm not blaming her. All I told her was that I wanted my layers to lay better, and they did. I'll add that my father had recently died and nothing felt right - not my hair, not anything.

Fast forward. Today while I was out running errands, my hair stick fell out. I put it in my purse and I left my hair down. It was snarling all around me like a beast, and every time I came to a traffic light, I'd lift a pinch of ends and examine them. Splits galore. All of a sudden I felt like I couldn't live with that hair anymore so I drove to the last hair salon that had done a good job cutting my granddaughter's hair and walked in. I told the stylist about the shedding episode and said that I don't like my layers anymore. She said that 4 inches would eliminate them, so we agreed that she would cut that much. In addition, she blended my growing out bangs into a little face framing. I paid for the cut and bought a new brush for wet untangling (forgot what it was called) and put it in my purse.

I went to the grocery store, paid for my purchases, then wheeled the cart out to my car and put my groceries into the trunk. Not more than about 5 minutes later I was driving home and suddenly it hit me: where is my purse? I looked around and didn't see it. I pulled over and checked the trunk. No purse. I retraced my route to see if I'd put my purse on the hood and it fell off, I searched the parking lot at the grocery store, checked the parked carts, and asked inside the store. Nothing.

I can't believe it! I've called all the credit companies to cancel the cards in the purse and made a police report. They told me to go back to the store tomorrow to see video footage of me leaving the store. Other than that, I'm at a loss. This is a bad bad day, not the worst of which is that my hair feels so S H O R T (between waist and hip from tailbone)!

pailin
March 9th, 2016, 06:17 PM
What an awful day, Spidermom! I hope everything gets worked out soon with your lost purse, and that tomorrow is a much better day.

spidermom
March 9th, 2016, 06:24 PM
At least my braid looks nice and orderly all the way down to thick ends.

Llama
March 9th, 2016, 06:37 PM
What a stressful time you are having :( I hope your luck starts turning around.
At least you have nice fresh ends so you don't have to stress about your layers and whatnot, right? I always feel a lot better for like months after a good trim.

I feel your pain, though!
:blossom:

Robi-Bird
March 9th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Ouch! Story about your purse. I hope somebody turns it in to a nearby store. At least you are enjoying your hair, even if it is a ways shorter!

Sarahlabyrinth
March 9th, 2016, 06:48 PM
I'm glad you are enjoying your new haircut but sorry to hear you lost your purse. Hopefully someone will be honest and hand it in.

RavennaNight
March 9th, 2016, 07:35 PM
:grouphug: I hope someone turns it in to the authorities. I hope you're happy with your hair cut though, it sounds like you needed that.

Neoma
March 9th, 2016, 08:41 PM
Oh, spidermom... I'm so sorry that you had such a hard day.

I hope that you grow to love your haircut. (No pun intended.) :grouphug:

turtlelover
March 9th, 2016, 09:01 PM
I hope you find your purse soon! I also hope you enjoy being rid of your split ends and your nice thick ends!

Deborah
March 9th, 2016, 09:26 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your father recently. I lost mine about a year and a half ago. That's a hard loss. :grouphug:

You have had a rotten day today, but you did get a good haircut out of the mess, and that's a good thing! My hair always feels sort of free and swingy after a nice cut. I hope yours does too. :flower:

bunneh.
March 10th, 2016, 12:14 AM
I'm sorry about what happened with your purse, losing all the documents and cancelling them and getting new ones is a pita... As for the haircut I'm sure it looks great and your ends look happy and hopefully it grows back to tbl asap. :) I've had that omg it's so short feeling before when I trimmed a couple of inches and when I got layers my ends felt thin, there's basically 1/3 to 1/2 of hair at the ends, all layers are higher up... Anyways after a while you get used to it and it grows back. Also that's a lot of stuff going on for a day, usually when someoe asks me what's up I say 'well you know... I slept and had lunch.' :lol:

embee
March 10th, 2016, 04:56 AM
Hope your purse and all the things in it show up real soon. I've left mine at work and it really freaks me out when I don't have it.

Arctic
March 10th, 2016, 05:27 AM
Oh no, I hope the purse will be found with it's contents very soon!

I hope you like your new swingy, split free hair though, I bet it looks awesome, like your hair always does!

lapushka
March 10th, 2016, 05:37 AM
That is so rotten. Someone might have saw it and snagged it. It might be rendered into a police station; it might not. You'll have to wait and see. Yes, do go back to the store. Such stress canceling your cards, losing your ID... OMG. On top of that, your hair feels shorter than you probably expected. :grouphug:

Wildcat Diva
March 10th, 2016, 08:02 AM
I'm so sorry you lost your purse. When I have left things I've always been lucky to find they are still there. Guess I used up all the good luck, sorry!

I hope it turns up soon! Sometimes I hear that people take the cash and just hurl the purse aside Somewhere, maybe you will get it back if it's found that way, at the very least.

spidermom
March 10th, 2016, 08:16 AM
I haven't had hair this blunt for probably 10 years. I told the stylist that I wanted the bottom rounded, but it's not. It's absolutely blunt straight across, like a broom. But I think this is a good place to grow from. I shouldn't need so much as a trim for the rest of the year if I take good care of my ends, which is what I plan to do. At the spring equinox, I'm going to start a thread about seasonal growth and encourage other people to take a picture of their hair at the start of each new season to compare growth. Even if nobody else wants to participate, I will.

I have the beginnings of a bad cold or some other kind of yuck. That's probably why I felt "off" all day yesterday. In the morning, I made a big mistake during a syringe blood draw in my phlebotomy class and sprayed blood on my "patient" (classmate), the chair, the wall, and the floor. I was so humiliated that I cried while cleaning it up. I have such nice classmates; several wanted to help. One Muslim woman took me over to the table and encouraged me to sit down. Then she sat with me while I recovered. I only mention she's Muslim because of all the negative hoopla being promoted by certain presidential candidates here in the states right now, which is also humiliating. Good people come in all faiths.

WaitingSoLong
March 15th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Did you ever find your purse?

Nice to mention the Muslim woman. I haven't known many but the ones I have known are great people.