PDA

View Full Version : A decade on LHC...

trolleypup
March 8th, 2016, 06:38 PM
So...a decade and small change ago, I joined LHC (with a somewhat problematic introductory post) and never looked back.

The image I meant to post back then was this:
http://www.trolleypup.info/lhc/10-LHC-Anniv-03-WhiteMtn-lg.jpg
what I actually posted also had me sitting on something with the same mountain in the background and might be called artistic by charitable eyes. Anyway.

Around my anniversary date I took a midweek minivacation and did a bit of trailwork, and had a very leisurely time in camp.
http://www.trolleypup.info/lhc/10-LHC-Anniv-16-LimePtOverlook1-lg.jpg
Yes, I found a flat sand patch among the giant boulders!

Looking one way from camp:
http://www.trolleypup.info/lhc/10-LHC-Anniv-16-LimePtOverlook2-lg.jpg
and the other way, the next morning:
http://www.trolleypup.info/lhc/10-LHC-Anniv-16-LimePtOverlook3-lg.jpg

A sample of my hair in the sun. (http://www.trolleypup.info/lhc/10-LHC-Anniv-16-LimePtOverlook5-lg.jpg)

The obligatory length shot (head is tilted slightly downward, looking at my phone which is the remote for my camera)
http://www.trolleypup.info/lhc/10-LHC-Anniv-16-LimePtOverlook6-lg.jpg
This is a few dozen shots in, and the ends are getting piecey already.

Sitting on a rock, so you can see the background better:
http://www.trolleypup.info/lhc/10-LHC-Anniv-16-LimePtOverlook4-lg.jpg

A couple memories:
http://www.trolleypup.info/lhc/070420-163114-DogMtnTr-SummitView-MtDefiance-S-med.jpg
Kleis...

...and Dianayla
http://www.trolleypup.info/lhc/070826-150512a-RedmondWA-RedmondTownCentre-med.jpg

and food as hair adornment:
http://www.trolleypup.info/lhc/060816-Asparagus-Mushroom-med.jpg

Here's to another decade!

HairFaerie
March 8th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Congrats! You have awesome hair and I LOVE the asparagus shot! Lol!

winship2
March 8th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Oh my goodness, I love the asparagus! This seems like a fun April Fool's Day hair adornment. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures-- love that bun with the metal hairstick!

meteor
March 8th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Yay, Happy 10th Hairiversary, trolleypup!
Wow, those are incredible photos! :thudpile: Your mane and all those incredible landscapes are beyond thud-worthy! :applause
This place wouldn't be the same without you! Happy Hairiversary! :joy: Here's to another decade and then some! :toast: :cake:

spirals
March 8th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Congrats! So glad you're here.

DweamGoiL
March 8th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Hahaha...love the veggie ornaments shot! Congrats on the milestone :)

diddiedaisy
March 8th, 2016, 06:56 PM
Congratulations, I love that first picture, its looks stunning :)

EdG
March 8th, 2016, 06:57 PM
trolleypup posting hair pictures? I suppose a decade is enough teasing. :lol:

Happy anniversary! The mermaid/merman pose, hair-fu, and conjoined braids are all classics. :thud:

Come to more meets - we have one every few months. :)
Ed

Sarahlabyrinth
March 8th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Love all your photos, Trolleypup! Happy tenth anniversary ;) Here's to the next ten :) Your hair is stunning :thudpile: even more so IRL.

AZDesertRose
March 8th, 2016, 07:04 PM
I have a confession, trolleypup. I've had a mad crush on your hair since the days of the LiveJournal longhair community. :)

In all seriousness, you have great hair. Congrats on ten years here and here's to many more!

Nightshade
March 8th, 2016, 07:23 PM
Congratulations! You've always had some of the most amazing pictures!

Dude, we've got so many of us old timers now, we need a senior discount at 10 years or something.

Islandgrrl
March 8th, 2016, 07:29 PM
Oh, I like that idea!

Dude, we've got so many of us old timers now, we need a senior discount at 10 years or something.

Great pictures, trolleypup, and fantastic hair! Happy Hairiversary!

MeAndTheMaz
March 8th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Happy 10th. :beerchug: Ten years is a long time to hang out with a bunch of hair crazies.

So...a decade and small change ago, I joined LHC (with a somewhat problematic introductory post) and never looked back.

The image I meant to post back then was this:

:scissors:

what I actually posted also had me sitting on something with the same mountain in the background and might be called artistic by charitable eyes. Anyway.

And of course, inquiring minds want to know.

Nightshade
March 8th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Happy 10th. :beerchug: Ten years is a long time to hang out with a bunch of hair crazies.

Hahahahaha I remember that picture, too XD

trolleypup
March 8th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Congrats! You have awesome hair and I LOVE the asparagus shot! Lol!

Oh my goodness, I love the asparagus! This seems like a fun April Fool's Day hair adornment. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures-- love that bun with the metal hairstick!

Hahaha...love the veggie ornaments shot! Congrats on the milestone :)
Thanks! There was a photo thread for a while where people used vegetables to adorn their hair or make hairtoys out of. Lot of fun!

trolleypup
March 8th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Yay, Happy 10th Hairiversary, trolleypup!
Wow, those are incredible photos! :thudpile: Your mane and all those incredible landscapes are beyond thud-worthy! :applause
This place wouldn't be the same without you! Happy Hairiversary! :joy: Here's to another decade and then some! :toast: :cake:
Whee!

I've wanted to camp in that spot for a long time...and once I decided, I had to bring the camera gear too.

Congrats! So glad you're here.
Me too! Still one of the best communities on the internet!

Congratulations, I love that first picture, its looks stunning :)
Roof of the laboratory hut on top of White Mountain, California, so 14252'/4344m plus 12'/4m.

Love all your photos, Trolleypup! Happy tenth anniversary ;) Here's to the next ten :) Your hair is stunning :thudpile: even more so IRL.
Thanks!

We get to tell people to "Get off my lawn!" once a year as long as we say it in a caring supportive way?

Oh, I like that idea!

Great pictures, trolleypup, and fantastic hair! Happy Hairiversary!
Heh! and Thanks!

MsBubbles
March 8th, 2016, 08:21 PM
We get to tell people to "Get off my lawn!" once a year as long as we say it in a caring supportive way?

Priceless!

Great photos, and hair! Thanks for posting. Congrats on 10 years.

trolleypup
March 8th, 2016, 08:26 PM
trolleypup posting hair pictures? I suppose a decade is enough teasing. :lol:

Happy anniversary! The mermaid/merman pose, hair-fu, and conjoined braids are all classics. :thud:

Come to more meets - we have one every few months. :)
Ed
I'm usually out of town. But people can always meet me at Ebisu!

I have a confession, trolleypup. I've had a mad crush on your hair since the days of the LiveJournal longhair community. :)

In all seriousness, you have great hair. Congrats on ten years here and here's to many more!
<3 I'll accept the compliment of a mad crush!

Mmmhmm. I know there are copies of that picture wandering around on the internet...

Hahahahaha I remember that picture, too XD
Mmhmm!

khryz
March 8th, 2016, 08:42 PM
Congrats on 10 years! I love your shot around the boulders. :)

Groovy Granny
March 8th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Congrats on 10 years ~ you have some great pics of your amazing hair :thumbsup:

truepeacenik
March 8th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Holy cats. March 29 is my 10th anniversary here.

lillielil
March 8th, 2016, 10:25 PM
Congrats on 10 years. I remember you from my first stint at LHC and from LJ before that. Your hair was always thudworthy!

Arctic
March 9th, 2016, 02:35 AM
Congratulations!

May I ask, what's the story behind your custom title?

luxurioushair
March 9th, 2016, 03:59 AM
This is such an awesome post, Sir.

morrigan*
March 9th, 2016, 04:39 AM
Congratulations, 10 years is along time! :D

fiğrildi
March 9th, 2016, 04:44 AM
Hats off, trolleypup!!

Your mytical mane is an icon, and your sense of humour is always appreciated ;)

When did you start growing you hair -or has it always been legendariously long? Happy decaversary!! :toast:

embee
March 9th, 2016, 04:49 AM
Happy Anniversary, trolleypup! Ten years is a good chunk of life. :) This is a good place to spend time.

lapushka
March 9th, 2016, 06:21 AM
Gorgeous, trolleypup. Love that goatee and your buns. ;) :p

Congrats on a decade! :toast:

Mimha
March 9th, 2016, 06:47 AM
Wow, Trolleypup ! So many amazing pictures ! :thud:

I particularly love the very first one (with these wild flying strands), and the one with the bi-color rope braid (so beautiful !!). You definitely have an aesthetic eye ! :crush: I have seen your video too, and I have to add that I like the manly way you wear your hair and move with it. And yeah... this goaty is just the perfect finishing touch !! :p

Oh, and congrats on your 10th annivhairsary, of course !! :cheer: :cheer:

browneyedsusan
March 9th, 2016, 07:29 AM
Thanks for sharing, Trolleypup. It's fun to see a man enjoying his long hair. The scenery is spectacular!

What are you sitting on in the first picture? The grommets/rivets are throwing me. Is it the top of a metal bus? (Your trolley?)

Happy 10th! :)

Of the Fae
March 9th, 2016, 07:53 AM
Oh wow! Happy hairiversary, your hair is beautiful! Very inspiring and nice buns too.
I also love the intertwined hair picture :o

pailin
March 9th, 2016, 08:15 AM
Congratulations on 10 years. Great pics of great scenery and great hair!

Nesoi
March 9th, 2016, 08:31 AM
Yay! Love seeing your posts :) congrats!

Bill D.
March 9th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Congrats, youngster! ;)

So are the boulder photos in the San Rafael Wilderness or environs? Maybe Pine Mountain in Ventura County?

mermaid lullaby
March 9th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Wow ten years is a long time! Congratulations!

DaveDecker
March 9th, 2016, 12:21 PM
A significant milestone, to be sure, but not as impressive as the mane you've cultivated. Well done! :hifive:

Pinni
March 9th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Awesome long hair and photos, Congrats!!

Beatnik Guy
March 9th, 2016, 05:25 PM
10 years, already? I remember that first post too. :silly:

Sitting on a rock, so you can see the background better:
http://www.trolleypup.info/lhc/10-LHC-Anniv-16-LimePtOverlook4-lg.jpg

Haven't I seen something like this shot before? Long hair on a rock? :)

ETA: it appears I recently passed 13 years here. :frog:

Medievalmaniac
March 9th, 2016, 05:29 PM
You've always been one of my favorite posters here at LHC--you don't post a lot, but what you do post is always interesting and uplifting. I *love* the photos with Kleis and Dianayla!

Congratulations on a wonderful decade at LHC, and here's to many more!

gregh
March 9th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Wow! That is very inspiring. Congratulations.

missrandie
March 9th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Congrats on 10 years!!!

gossamer
March 9th, 2016, 07:30 PM
:cheer: another ten!! :cheer:

RavennaNight
March 9th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Congrats on 10 years! That's some epic hair you've got there!

humble_knight
March 9th, 2016, 08:21 PM
I always think of trolleypup as Poseidon. All he is missing is a trident :D One could be handy for roasting marshmallows on those camping adventures :D Here's to the next 10 years :toast:

EdG
March 9th, 2016, 08:30 PM
I always think of trolleypup as Poseidon. All he is missing is a trident :D One could be handy for roasting marshmallows on those camping adventures :D Here's to the next 10 years :toast:Coincidentally, I think of Dianyla as a Lorelei. Her photo album once had a picture to that effect.

We still try to do mermaid/merman poses whenever we meet near a body of water and find a suitable rock.
Ed

papayatree
March 9th, 2016, 09:10 PM
Happy Anniversary. Without you, I don't know if I would have the nerve to grow long. You are an inspiration to me!

Kimberly
March 9th, 2016, 10:12 PM
Happy hair-iversary, trolleypup!

trolleypup
March 9th, 2016, 10:18 PM
Congrats, youngster! ;)

So are the boulder photos in the San Rafael Wilderness or environs? Maybe Pine Mountain in Ventura County?
Ventana Wilderness, there is a layered sandstone formation that runs for 20 miles SE/NW with variously spectacular formations like this all along it. The most accessible is the excitingly named "The Rocks" near Indians, west of Fort Hunter Liggett.

10 years, already? I remember that first post too. :silly:

Haven't I seen something like this shot before? Long hair on a rock? :)

Congratulations to you!

I've done versions of the mermaid pose many times over the years...

You've always been one of my favorite posters here at LHC--you don't post a lot, but what you do post is always interesting and uplifting. I *love* the photos with Kleis and Dianayla!

Congratulations on a wonderful decade at LHC, and here's to many more!
Thanks...maybe I'll be able to get some pictures with Dianyla down at Tassajara this spring. Tassajara is in the bottom of the valley behind my dusk bun picture.

I always think of trolleypup as Poseidon. All he is missing is a trident :D One could be handy for roasting marshmallows on those camping adventures :D Here's to the next 10 years :toast:
A trident would be too heavy to carry into camp, but I'll have a fiery marshmallow for you some time.

Coincidentally, I think of Dianyla as a Lorelei. Her photo album once had a picture to that effect.

We still try to do mermaid/merman poses whenever we meet near a body of water and find a suitable rock.
With long enough hair, those are poses that just cry out!

trolleypup
March 9th, 2016, 10:18 PM
Thank you, ALL!

Congratulations!

May I ask, what's the story behind your custom title?
"Evil, not Bad" comes from my busdriver days. A Bad driver runs into stuff out of ignorance or lack of skill, an Evil driver does it on purpose to achieve an end, skillfully.
"(SB)" is Snugglebunnies, referring to Dianayla and me.

Hats off, trolleypup!!

Your mytical mane is an icon, and your sense of humour is always appreciated ;)

When did you start growing you hair -or has it always been legendariously long? Happy decaversary!! :toast:
Probably when I was 16 or so I noticed that longer hair pissed off my mom, so my teenage rebellion was growing my hair...then I figured out that I liked it long...it got trimmed from time to time until 1990 when I had my last major haircut (caused by chewing on a mouthful of pizza and hair). I was already past classic when I joined LHC.

Wow, Trolleypup ! So many amazing pictures ! :thud:

I particularly love the very first one (with these wild flying strands), and the one with the bi-color rope braid (so beautiful !!). You definitely have an aesthetic eye ! :crush: I have seen your video too, and I have to add that I like the manly way you wear your hair and move with it. And yeah... this goatee is just the perfect finishing touch !! :p

Oh, and congrats on your 10th annivhairsary, of course !! :cheer: :cheer:
The rope braid is the 2nd frame of a sequence of Dianayla and me walking away from each other and the rope unravelling...One of the Seattle meets, I believe. Many thanks!

Thanks for sharing, Trolleypup. It's fun to see a man enjoying his long hair. The scenery is spectacular!

What are you sitting on in the first picture? The grommets/rivets are throwing me. Is it the top of a metal bus? (Your trolley?)

Happy 10th! :)
The first picture is one of the best of my hair pictures, thanks to a timer and a gust of wind...I got lucky! I am sitting on the roof of the White Mountain summit hut (part of the White Mountain Biological Station), so 14,252'/4344m (plus the height of the building). I don't think this was the time I went up there and there was 4" of snow plastered to the SIDE of the building.

EdG
March 9th, 2016, 10:26 PM
With long enough hair, those are poses that just cry out!That's so true. I was just thinking about how no-one has ever seen a short-haired mermaid or merman. :lol:
Ed

calmyogi
March 9th, 2016, 10:29 PM
Gorgeous hair! I really like how creative the shots are with the food.

brickworld13
March 10th, 2016, 04:24 AM
Lovely photos! Congratulations!

spidermom
March 10th, 2016, 07:11 AM
I enjoyed the photos.

browneyedsusan
March 10th, 2016, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the clarification and added details. It's a super cool pic. :)

earthybee
March 10th, 2016, 07:37 AM
What a nice post and beautiful couple! Your hair is simply amazing! Congrats on the decade of awesome growth. :flower:

Anje
March 10th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Congrats on 10!

You know you're in a seriously long-lived internet community when people start getting over a decade of active membership.

Yosha
March 10th, 2016, 02:42 PM
Congratulations on your 10th anniversary Trolleypup! Pretty cool poses, especially in the merman picture :applause What is that pin in your fancyfood picture?

Arctic
March 10th, 2016, 02:48 PM
"Evil, not Bad" comes from my busdriver days. A Bad driver runs into stuff out of ignorance or lack of skill, an Evil driver does it on purpose to achieve an end, skillfully.
"(SB)" is Snugglebunnies, referring to Dianayla and me.

Thank you, I have always wondered that. :D

neko_kawaii
March 10th, 2016, 02:52 PM
Only ten??

lapushka
March 10th, 2016, 03:17 PM

Maybe it's time for a thread for you, to celebrate your 13 years here, with pictures - of course. I actually don't recall seeing too many of those from you. :hmm: That's really too bad! Not that I judge because I've recently stopped having pics taken.

sablebraids
March 10th, 2016, 06:04 PM
Congratulations on ten years and the great photos!

trolleypup
March 10th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Congrats on 10!

You know you're in a seriously long-lived internet community when people start getting over a decade of active membership.
And multiple people remember your first post...

Congratulations on your 10th anniversary Trolleypup! Pretty cool poses, especially in the merman picture :applause What is that pin in your fancyfood picture?
A formed copper wire spiral from I don't remember where. You may notice that I was cheating...it is there only to support the mushroom.

Only ten??
Based on supporting evidence, I believe that LHC has my correct join date!

Agnes Hannah
March 11th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Wow Trolleypup, awesome hair! and 10 years here, that is incredible! congrats to you!!

Caraid♫
March 11th, 2016, 04:28 PM
They're all fantastic shots, but I especially love that first one! congratulations, your hair is epic!

lauren_alia
March 11th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Love the pictures! :thud: Here's to another 10 years!! :toast:

Unicorn
March 11th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Congratulations on 10 years Trollypup amazing pictures of amazing hair.

OK I'm curious... dare Iask what happened in the introductory post?

Unicorn

trolleypup
March 11th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Congratulations on 10 years Trolleypup amazing pictures of amazing hair.

OK I'm curious... dare I ask what happened in the introductory post?
The picture (or maybe the post) was deleted, and I got a warning/moderator inquiry about my intentions, but not banned.

Teazel
March 11th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Congratulations on your first decade, trolleypup! :toast: I love your photos: long hair and the great outdoors just go together.

Thanks...maybe I'll be able to get some pictures with Dianyla down at Tassajara this spring. Tassajara is in the bottom of the valley behind my dusk bun picture.

Ooh, please do! It would be very special to see Dianyla's mane gracing LHC again. :cloud9:

Beatnik Guy
March 12th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Ooh, please do! It would be very special to see Dianyla's mane gracing LHC again. :cloud9:

Yes!! :agree:
Look forward to seeing both of your manes. :popcorn:

Mademoiselle
March 12th, 2016, 01:14 PM
This is amazing :bowtome: your photos have an history of happy hair !! :puppykisses::laugh: i love it :)

Juanita
March 12th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Congratulations on 10 years. Amazing photos of your beautiful mane. I enjoy your posts and photos.

trolleypup
March 13th, 2016, 11:19 AM
Congratulations on your first decade, trolleypup! :toast: I love your photos: long hair and the great outdoors just go together.

Yes!! :agree:
Look forward to seeing both of your manes. :popcorn:
We'll be there for a long week, so maybe we'll remember to take a layoff day and relax and take some pictures!

MasCat
March 13th, 2016, 02:26 PM
10 years, huh?

Wow.

Wonderful hair trolleypup :) and quite a story :)

papayatree
March 13th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Trolleypup, I have two questions to ask you.
1. How has LHC changed your life since you joined it?
2. How do you deal with people saying that men and long hair don't work together?

BrightEyes
March 13th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Congrats! Your hair is stunning :)

Laurenji
March 13th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Yay trolleypup! Your hair is so impressive. I always love hearing your stories about public transit.

trolleypup
March 14th, 2016, 12:11 AM
Yay trolleypup! Your hair is so impressive. I always love hearing your stories about public transit.
Thanks! And anything involving public transit is going to result in stories.

Trolleypup, I have two questions to ask you.
1. How has LHC changed your life since you joined it?
2. How do you deal with people saying that men and long hair don't work together?
Better hair care, although I already had benign neglect down. Not single, thanks Dianyla! Improved ability to not voice my snarkiness at everyone all the time.

I don't get that very often, but the response is some combination of snarky, hostile, condescending, and dismissive. I never gave that sentiment much credit starting with my teen years in the Deep South (read: living among barbarians). If they are actually capable of conversation, I can engage them and answer each of their points...in my favor...since most of their arguments are for them, not me: I get validation of long hair's attractiveness on a regular basis by (attractive to me) strangers; the only reason my income hasn't gone beyond 5 figures is concerted effort on my part in the last couple decades; and I do all the things I enjoy on a very regular basis. *dusts paws*

embee
March 14th, 2016, 05:00 AM
For sure, trolleypup, it is more important to enjoy your life than make piles of money! Make more than you spend, put a bit aside for rainy days, and you're ok. :)

papayatree
March 21st, 2016, 12:29 AM
Thanks! And anything involving public transit is going to result in stories.

Better hair care, although I already had benign neglect down. Not single, thanks Dianyla! Improved ability to not voice my snarkiness at everyone all the time.

I don't get that very often, but the response is some combination of snarky, hostile, condescending, and dismissive. I never gave that sentiment much credit starting with my teen years in the Deep South (read: living among barbarians). If they are actually capable of conversation, I can engage them and answer each of their points...in my favor...since most of their arguments are for them, not me: I get validation of long hair's attractiveness on a regular basis by (attractive to me) strangers; the only reason my income hasn't gone beyond 5 figures is concerted effort on my part in the last couple decades; and I do all the things I enjoy on a very regular basis. *dusts paws*

Thanks for helping out man! It will come handy sooner than later! Can't wait to prove people wrong!

Gaelic Girl
March 28th, 2016, 06:51 PM

Heee hee....yes! I am exempt for a hiatus...but I'll get there. :)

Congratulations trolleypup! Well done! :)

nakima
March 29th, 2016, 12:58 AM
congrats trolleypup! you have amazing hair. I like the one with you and your friends hair intertwined, it looks really cool and both are so long!

hypersensitive
March 29th, 2016, 01:37 AM
Congrats!!!