PDA

View Full Version : Blog comments!

lapushka
March 7th, 2016, 05:48 AM
I was going through my blog, only to discover I had a few comments. I answered them, but I was never notified in any way. Is there a setting that gives me notifications (not through e-mail), but on the site, (like the notifications you get when getting PMs for instance)?

brickworld13
March 8th, 2016, 10:02 AM
I second this question. I don't always see blog comments because they don't subscribe the same way that threads do.

Arctic
March 8th, 2016, 10:08 AM
They do subscribe, you will see the subscribed posts and the posts with comments in your blog's control panel. It's a different system from forum subsrciptions apparently, so they are not listed in same place.

Go to blog settings and look around a bit, you'll see the the subscribed threads.

But alas, no such notification system as with PMs. You need to manually check the blog settings/subscribed threads.

You also see some information on the right hand side of your blog, there you can see the latest comments and some such things.

lapushka
March 8th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Am I right in thinking you then need to subscribe to your own blog? :hmm:

Just noticed the panel with the recent comments - that's fine! I can deal with that!

lillielil
March 10th, 2016, 10:26 AM
When you subscribe to your own blog you should have the option of control panel only or email notifications. It sounds like you'd want to select email notifications.

lapushka
March 10th, 2016, 10:36 AM
When you subscribe to your own blog you should have the option of control panel only or email notifications. It sounds like you'd want to select email notifications.

No e-mail is too cumbersome for me. I'll check it from here if there's no other option. Thanks, though! :)

neko_kawaii
March 10th, 2016, 10:49 AM
So, if you don't want to receive email notifications, you can keep track of things you subscribe to through you Profile (link top right), subscriptions tab. That will show you all threads and blogs you are subscribed to.

You can set it so you auto-subscribe to threads you create or comment on through your settings: Settings (link top right), General Settings, Default thread subscription mode: through my control panel only. You can subscribe without commenting at the top of a thread, Thread Tools, "Subscribe to this thread".

For blog subscriptions, go to the Blog tab, Blog Settings, Permissions and Privacy, at the bottom find two categories: Default Subscription Mode - Blog Entries and Default Subscription Mode - Blog Comments. Choose "through my control panel only" for both. You can also subscribe to blogs by opening a blog, scrolling past the profile pic on the right and clicking "Subscribe to this blog".

To see just thread subscriptions, click Settings (top right). To see just blog subscriptions, those are hidden under Blog tab, Blog Settings, and then divided into Manage Subscriptions and Manage Entry Subscriptions. Entry Subscriptions is easiest for tracking blog comments.

lapushka
March 10th, 2016, 11:25 AM
For blog subscriptions, go to the Blog tab, Blog Settings, Permissions and Privacy, at the bottom find two categories: Default Subscription Mode - Blog Entries and Default Subscription Mode - Blog Comments. Choose "through my control panel only" for both. You can also subscribe to blogs by opening a blog, scrolling past the profile pic on the right and clicking "Subscribe to this blog".

To see just thread subscriptions, click Settings (top right). To see just blog subscriptions, those are hidden under Blog tab, Blog Settings, and then divided into Manage Subscriptions and Manage Entry Subscriptions. Entry Subscriptions is easiest for tracking blog comments.

Thank you; crystal clear! :D Thanks for explaining!!! :)

neko_kawaii
March 10th, 2016, 11:52 AM
I have blog Entry Subscriptions bookmarked for quick access.

lapushka
March 10th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Great tip, thank you! I'll see what it's like now when I post in my blog starting next Sunday.