PDA

View Full Version : Philosophy brand?

Mishka_84
October 14th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Have any of you used any of the Philosphy products? Any opinions?

There's one Philosophy conditioner listed on the No 'Cones list, but other than that I know nothing.

Thanks!

willowcandra
October 15th, 2008, 05:05 AM
I have used their perfume and body lotion (amazing grace) It didn't keep very well:(. I had a tub of lotion that smelled rancid after a few months. and the perfume too has a really funky smell.

It's really nice stuff
But in my experience its shelf life is very short. Which is obviousely fine if you use the stuff exclusively and in less than 9-12 months. But if like me you have lots of things that you mix and match you may find it's gone bad before you get through it.
(luckily I got pretty close to emptying the bottles before it went off.)Hth.

For the high price tag it's not particularly special. Just nice smelling. I have bought better body lotions for a tenth of the price (palmers coco butter.)

I haven't used any of the hair stuff.

GlassEyes
October 15th, 2008, 05:15 AM
I like the Socratic method myself.

Seriously, that's what I thought this would be when I clicked on it. xD I have nothing helpful to say, but couldn't resist. xD

Nat242
October 15th, 2008, 05:21 AM
I like the Socratic method myself.

Seriously, that's what I thought this would be when I clicked on it. xD I have nothing helpful to say, but couldn't resist. xD

:rollin: Nice one, GlassEyes! :thumbsup:

Loviatar
October 15th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Haha GlassEyes. :D

I've tried their 3-in-1 shower gel/shampoo/conditioners. They're good for my body, and great for shaving legs etc with, but rough on my hair. I always find my hair needs extra condish afterwards. The detergent is tea-lauryl sulphate I think, whatever that is.

The scents never stick around, either, which is a huge shame, as I want to smell like a cinnamon bun.

GlassEyes
October 15th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Glad I could be of amusement. xD

Mishka_84
October 15th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the input! And GlassEyes, thanks for the giggle!

bowie
October 15th, 2008, 02:27 PM
The cleansers were nice for the body.....for me...not good for the hair. Too drying.

The conditioner was not a good conditioner. Plus the scent never lingered. Went away after a short time.

I do like the body lotions. I find the scent in mine anyway has stayed well without turning badly. I have had my bottle about 1 year or more.

My Pure Grace perfume in the spray bottle is nice. Clean smell. Not overly strong. Still good after a year.

I think the products are so expensive. But I like the scents of them.

My favorite face cream is Hope in a Jar. It is great. Non-greasy. Does a great job. I will repurchase it again after I use up my Eucerin cream.

Magdalene
October 15th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I find their fragrances a bit overpowering- I prefer more natural scents. Cute packaging, though.

Tap Dancer
April 5th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I love their Pure Grace bath and shower foam. I use it as a shampoo sometimes. Amazing Grace smells good, but I think Pure Grace is much better. :heartbeat

Carolyn
April 5th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I love their body washes and their Hope in a Jar products. Awesome moisturizer. Now that Prescriptives is a done deal, I'll probably go with Hope in a Jar. I have the Amazing Grace conditioner and the Shear Splendor conditioner. The AG condish wasn't heavy enough for me but I liked the scent. I kind of liked the Shear Spendor. Not sure if I'll repurchase or not. I have the Amazing Grace and Pure Grace perfumes and like them both.

sweet*things
April 5th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I think they discontinued their Shear Splendor shampoo and conditioner, which got decent reviews on Sephora. I never tried it. I absolutely HATE their 3in1 body washes, they smell so artificial. The body butter stuff I received once as a gift wouldn't sink in, it sat on the surface of my skin until I scrubbed it off because it also reeked. I think their bath and body products are bizarrely overrated.

However, their skincare line is awesome and their fragrances are nice, low key and fairly subtle. I've tried Falling in Love and Amazing Grace and they are both pretty.

BrightEyes
April 5th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I'm using some Philosophy products and so far I really like them. I use Purity Made Simple facial cleanser as well as the Microdelivery facial wash. I also use one of their facial moisturizers called Shelter. It has 30 spf. I don't really like the smell, but it goes away after a few minutes.

I also use the Amazing Grace body wash, lotion and perfume. I love the smell, but have found that the scent lasts longer if I layer it. If I use just the perfume it doesn't seem to last.

I hated Hope in a Jar. It stunk like wet dog IMO, and it made my skin break out.

HintOfMint
July 7th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Would the Philosophy Amazing Grace conditioner work as a leave-in?

Here are the ingredients:
Water (aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Wheat Germ Oil (triticum vulgare), Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Oil (buxus chinensis), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Fragrance (Parfum), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Citric Acid, Red 33, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

Cyclomethicone doesn't bother me, just to let you know.