PDA

View Full Version : 1st hairversary!

Kiiruna
March 4th, 2016, 06:01 AM
Time sure does fly! ;) I feel like it was just yesterday when I finally registered here.
When I joined, my hair was about collarbone length, fragile and damaged. I've just had my latest perm, which destroyed my hair - I can't blame anyone else but me about that!

And now? Now my hair is few centimetres past armpit length and still fragile and somewhat damaged. I'm microtrimming damage away while trying to gain length. I've cut bangs to get rid of the worst damage, and now I'm letting my bangs grow.

Here's my growth from year to year.
https://40.media.tumblr.com/270434110726afb810dac18a91a329ae/tumblr_o3img5ejQv1sf02n4o1_1280.jpg
Not so poofy anymore, huh?

It's been a rocky road, but it's getting better and better every month.
I want to thank the whole community for having such inpiring heads of hair and giving genious advices and compassionate, encouraging words! :o :blossom:

mira-chan
March 4th, 2016, 06:24 AM
Congratulations one the anniversary! You've had quite a change in your hair over the year it looks like. I'm glad it's getting better and better, I hope that continues for the next year and more. :)

diddiedaisy
March 4th, 2016, 06:30 AM
Congratulations, I love these posts, it's always surprising how much things can change over the course of a year. It looks great. :)

lapushka
March 4th, 2016, 06:38 AM
Congrats. You've made a lot of progress. :D :cheer:

Arctic
March 4th, 2016, 06:46 AM
Happy anniversary!!! It's been interesting to see your progress!

Kiiruna
March 4th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Thank y'all! :o
Even though my growth isn't very impressive, I feel like I've grown so much (hair-wise I mean) during this year. What a great feeling!

Mirabele
March 4th, 2016, 10:08 AM
I always enjoy hair progress photos because it helps me to see that big positive things are possible :) you have quite a nice change here and what an amazing growth! Congratulations on your anniversary!

Nightshade
March 4th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Such excellent progress! Good for you! :cheer:

As someone who grew out tons of damage, I can tell you the encouraging bit is that it's a snowball effect. The slowest, hardest part is the beginning. After you get going a bit, things improve at an ever-increasing rate :)

hypersensitive
March 4th, 2016, 12:39 PM
That's a dramatic change! Think of what another year will do! Congrats!

meteor
March 4th, 2016, 12:45 PM
That's excellent progress! :applause Congratulations, Kiiruna! :toast:

Growing out perms is pretty tough and you did absolutely wonderfully!! Happy growing! :cheer:

Happy hairiversary and many happy returns of the day! :cake:

yahirwaO.o
March 4th, 2016, 12:54 PM
Great 1rst Anniversary! Such great improvement!!!

Pinni
March 4th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Congrats at 1st Anniversary! :cake: Really nice progress, looks very healthy and shiny.

fiğrildi
March 4th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Happy hairyversary, Kiiruna!! Your hair looks so happy now! What an amazing evolution... can't wait to see another year of growth :)

kewthi
March 4th, 2016, 08:26 PM
I can't wait to be at the length you are! I'm so glad the community has been so encouraging and supportive, it's what I need desperately right now. :)

Of the Fae
March 5th, 2016, 04:20 AM
Congratulations :) It looks healthy and it's got a pretty wave to it as well!
Did you color it btw?

school of fish
March 5th, 2016, 05:48 AM
Very fruitful first year! Your care and patience in growing out damage are paying off - it's looking great! :D

Kiiruna
March 5th, 2016, 10:02 AM
More thank you's! <3 :blossom:
I'm happy that my hair's progress can be seen - and it's thanks to this wonderful community ;) Of the Fae, I have only direct dyed it but they're all faded now, so both of pictures show my real hair colour. First one is taken with flash though, that's why it looks so red :D

Jennah
March 5th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Great progress in one year Kiiruna! :toast:

Mimha
March 5th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Wow Kiiruna, what a difference between these 2 pics ! :bigeyes: (this amazing color effect due to the flash is just our of this world : you look like 2 different heads of hair !^^). I remember when you arrived and you were desperate to see your hair grow. And then, all of a sudden, it grew, and grew, and caught back all the length ! I hope this encourages you to grow on. You have a beautiful hair quality and also a lot of it. It's going to be totally breathtaking when it's very long ! :flower:

Jumper
March 5th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Lovely! I too thought it must have been dyed in one of the pics.

Sweets
March 6th, 2016, 03:16 AM
So much progress!! Stunning!! I thought dye too, it's funny how much flash can chage the perception. Congratulations on your first anniversary, Kiiruna! Can't wait to see next year compared.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 6th, 2016, 02:05 PM
Gosh, I thought dye too :). You have made wonderful progress and lots of growth too, even with trimming. Your hair is looking very happy and wants to grow. Happy hairiversary;)

Persiangirl01
March 7th, 2016, 07:05 AM
Your hair is looking great! What wonderful growth in 1 year, and your hair looks so healthy :) I can't wait for my 1st hairversary :D

Kiiruna
March 8th, 2016, 08:51 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you :bow:
Anniversaries are truly the best way to observe hair growth - looking from monthly length shots I honestly didn't see any growth, but after a year it feels like BLAM! YOUR HAIR HAS GROWN! :D