PDA

View Full Version : white long hair in eyebrows

mamaherrera
March 2nd, 2016, 03:32 PM
Ok I've been accepting since 29 that I'm going gray on my head. At 35 now, I have way more than I did five years ago but today my daughter found a long"er" white hair in my eyebrow. Does this mean I'm gonna gray in my eyebrows now too?? I thought that always came way later. I henna my hair but what would I do with my eyebrows??? It was like an inch long and started brown and quickly turned white.

moonchaser
March 2nd, 2016, 03:41 PM
I have two white eyebrows and a white eyelash. I don't know what to do with them, either.

mamaherrera
March 2nd, 2016, 03:42 PM
how old are you ?? And do you pluck them?

HeartofHaleth
March 2nd, 2016, 03:46 PM
I got a pure white hair in my eyebrow a while back, pretty low down on the browbone. It was about the same size as my biggest eyebrow hairs, pretty long and curly. I guess it must have fallen out at some point. I don't think I've ever gotten a grey/white hair on my head, so I'm not sure the two are related.

embee
March 2nd, 2016, 04:16 PM
Many years ago when I was still in school I grew a long white hair in one eyebrow. I was quite surprised - not so much by the white, but by the length. How come it took so long for me to *see* it? Did it grow overnight? ;) So I pulled it out, yank. And that hurt. It was coarse, not like my normal hair which is fairly fine.

I never got another one.

mamaherrera
March 2nd, 2016, 04:58 PM
Hopefully mine will be like that!

Kimberly
March 2nd, 2016, 06:52 PM
One of my eyebrows developed a white patch near the end, and it makes me look a little lopsided. I color it in with powder and a straight brush when I wear makeup, once a year or whatever it is, and the rest of the time I ignore it.

LongCurlyTress
March 2nd, 2016, 07:41 PM
I get those and pluck it out one at a time. It is hard to not also take out nearby hairs. I tried mascara but that that got messy, so now I just pluck the white hair out when I see it. ;(:taz:

Carolyn
March 3rd, 2016, 07:39 AM
You could try brow mascara. I think Benefit has it. Or it might be Too Faced. I buy a lot from both brands and often get them mixed up. I have a few of those long, white, coarse things too. I trim off the length so they are even with my other brow hairs and use brow pencil or powder along with the brow mascara. Every couple of months I get my brows dyed too.

hennalonghair
March 3rd, 2016, 07:47 AM
I get those and pluck it out one at a time. It is hard to not also take out nearby hairs. I tried mascara but that that got messy, so now I just pluck the white hair out when I see it. ;(:taz:

Ditto! Just plug them.

Anje
March 3rd, 2016, 11:01 AM
They definitely seem to be accumulating on my husband. He doesn't even want them messed with, since he claims to aspire to having Gandalf eyebrows one day, able to be swept up over the brim of a hat! But I don't tend to see them on women, so I imagine yanking the oddball is perfectly fine. Or trim it, if you can't afford losing eyebrow thickness.

lapushka
March 3rd, 2016, 11:20 AM
If it bothers you *that* much, then just please pluck it. It's not worth it - honestly. :) It's just one hair in the end.

irodaryne
March 3rd, 2016, 12:18 PM
Mamaherrera, I swear when I saw this thread title I thought to myself "I don't remember making this post....."

A couple of weeks ago I found an inch long, super course, thick, pure white hair in my eyebrows. When I first saw it, I honestly thought it was my dogs (because she has long, white, course hair and it ends up everywhere), so I went to remove it from being tangled in my eyebrows. Next thing I knew, I was yanking on a hair that was apparently attached to me! I plucked it and tried to get some pictures because I mean.... talk about impressive! How did it get so long before I noticed? I swear it was like an inch long. Then, last weekend I found it regrowing. This time, it was about the length of the other eyebrow hairs. I plucked it again.

I'm 22, and I'm getting grey wizard hairs. I don't mind so much, so long as it's just the one, but wow was that interesting. So... I say go ahead and pluck that sucker if you want to!

They definitely seem to be accumulating on my husband. He doesn't even want them messed with, since he claims to aspire to having Gandalf eyebrows one day, able to be swept up over the brim of a hat! But I don't tend to see them on women, so I imagine yanking the oddball is perfectly fine. Or trim it, if you can't afford losing eyebrow thickness.

It's funny you mention that because I ran around the entire week after finding mine telling everyone that I found a wizard hair in my eyebrow and how my eyebrows were now magical.

mamaherrera
March 4th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Mamaherrera, I swear when I saw this thread title I thought to myself "I don't remember making this post....."

A couple of weeks ago I found an inch long, super course, thick, pure white hair in my eyebrows. When I first saw it, I honestly thought it was my dogs (because she has long, white, course hair and it ends up everywhere), so I went to remove it from being tangled in my eyebrows. Next thing I knew, I was yanking on a hair that was apparently attached to me! I plucked it and tried to get some pictures because I mean.... talk about impressive! How did it get so long before I noticed? I swear it was like an inch long. Then, last weekend I found it regrowing. This time, it was about the length of the other eyebrow hairs. I plucked it again.

I'm 22, and I'm getting grey wizard hairs. I don't mind so much, so long as it's just the one, but wow was that interesting. So... I say go ahead and pluck that sucker if you want to!

It's funny you mention that because I ran around the entire week after finding mine telling everyone that I found a wizard hair in my eyebrow and how my eyebrows were now magical.

Glad we posted together so we dont' feel so alone on this fun subject. Some people I guess get them in their forehead, right in the middle, and they call them their unicorn hair, but us. .. . what do we name them? that's so crazy that you're came back 2 weeks later. . . when my white hairs (on my head) fall out, they take a little longer to come back. . I know. because I Have two right on my hairline at my temple,so I know when they're there or not!! I plan on plucking for now!!

irodaryne
March 4th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Glad we posted together so we dont' feel so alone on this fun subject. Some people I guess get them in their forehead, right in the middle, and they call them their unicorn hair, but us. .. . what do we name them? that's so crazy that you're came back 2 weeks later. . . when my white hairs (on my head) fall out, they take a little longer to come back. . I know. because I Have two right on my hairline at my temple,so I know when they're there or not!! I plan on plucking for now!!

I've decided to call it my "wizard brow." Or just my magic eyebrow.

But yeah, either there are two different ones growing, or there's the one and it's a stubborn one. (My guess is it's just one since the second was plucked from the same place as the first). It's just so bizarre that I'm finding old man wizard hairs in my eyebrows so young, you know?

daisychain
March 4th, 2016, 08:35 PM
My husband has started getting white eye brow hairs, although they look to be the same texture as the rest of them.

yogagirl
March 4th, 2016, 08:54 PM
My husband has one eyebrow hair that grows much coarser and longer than the others. However it is brown (for now), as his others. So I guess it is not unusual... though it would certainly drive me batty too. Bodies! They do funny things :/

ponyguy
March 5th, 2016, 04:54 AM
Gandalf!! That sounds so much better than my usual explanation that it's my "old russian man heritage" making an appearance. I've been accumulating them too, however, i've been plucking and trimming them because I'm not ready to look like an old russian man just yet....Gandalf might be a worthy goal though....

lapushka
March 5th, 2016, 04:57 AM
My dad has some white eyebrow hairs - it suits him. I don't think I'd pluck them if I got them. :shrug: But that's me. Not everyone feels the same way about things like this. :)

moonchaser
March 5th, 2016, 03:16 PM
how old are you ?? And do you pluck them?

I am 39. I do pluck the ones in my eyebrow when they bug me.

mamaherrera
March 5th, 2016, 07:09 PM
oh funny stuff for us all. It's funny and good to share so we realize that we are all so different yet with similar "rareities!" Thanks for sharing!

Unicorn
March 5th, 2016, 08:04 PM
Not in my eyebrows, but I do get rogue silver hairs. So far they've been very fine, straight and about 3" long. I had one on my forehead, about an inch away from my natural hair line, one about 2" to the side of my navel and currently have one on the inside of my upper arm. I seem to have one at any one time, but in different places!

I had the forehead one first, it sat around for a few years before being usurped by the abdominal one, which has now disappeared to be replaced by the one on my arm. Weird!

Unicorn

mary*rose
March 5th, 2016, 08:11 PM
"You're a wizard, Harry Potter!"

Wrong reference?

Get it? My signature makes it ironic! ha. ha...

Sarahlabyrinth
March 5th, 2016, 08:50 PM
..Better in your eyebrow than your chin :p I get about 4 on my chin. They are no trouble, my razor likes them very much.

I get a hair which loves to grow about 3 inches long, just one solo hair... in between my boobs :lol: And... my sister gets one in exactly the same place! So odd.... Maybe my body wants to grow long hair in a place where I can actually see it, instead of the back of my head :lol:

irodaryne
March 5th, 2016, 09:12 PM
"You're a wizard, Harry Potter!"

Wrong reference?

Get it? My signature makes it ironic! ha. ha...

Haha! So that's the what the wizarding world wants to keep secret!

..Better in your eyebrow than your chin :p I get about 4 on my chin. They are no trouble, my razor likes them very much.

I get a hair which loves to grow about 3 inches long, just one solo hair... in between my boobs :lol: And... my sister gets one in exactly the same place! So odd.... Maybe my body wants to grow long hair in a place where I can actually see it, instead of the back of my head :lol:

Okay I don't think I could handle the chin hair.

mariazelie
March 6th, 2016, 05:47 AM
I have one of those little silvery hairs that grows long under my eye, just to the side of my nose. When I notice it I just cut it off close to the skin as possible. In my eyebrows, I have noticed that some of the normal colored hairs no longer want to lie down in the proper place. I put a bit of oil on my brow a couple nights and then they relax and behave. This just started last Winter and I am 62, so must be an aging thing. I usually don't notice them again for a while so then I just repeat the oil when they get unruly. I have also cut them back a bit, because I can't afford to be pulling our rogue hairs and having gaps!