PDA

View Full Version : I may have a scissor problem (no, I'm not a hairdresser, why do you ask?)

MadHouseWitch
February 29th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Just something I found funny this morning! I had my Grandmother do a trim this morning (who actually WAS a hairdresser back in the day) So like ONE pair may have been hers at one point, most are just the Wahls that come with clippers (I have 3 boys, we've had 4 different kits over the years one was NOT a Wahl)
AND I found another pair not in the picture that my husband had "stashed for the 'stash" Just like the one on the far bottom, and I'm thinking about tossing them they are rusty :( but prob the oldest ones too. Unless I DID steal some from Grandma ;) The only pair in question for that is the all black pair, but she saw them now and said I could keep them anyway

All I wanted to do was see what I had for a "good pair" for self trims and S&D HAHAHAHA I was using the 2nd down for most, but going to try the black ones now *waggles eyebrows*

My favorites are 2 and 3 from the top https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1444/25290479141_49678a5630.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/EwQjkP)

lapushka
February 29th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Quite a collection you've got there. :D

Amapola
February 29th, 2016, 04:05 PM
That all-black pair is particularly attractive! :)

I happen to like the color blue. So I went out and bought a blue pair, which I keep in a special place and use only for hair, nothing else. It looks like you have a lot more variety at your house. :)

khryz
February 29th, 2016, 05:37 PM
Mine looks like the first one!

So, are you a hairdresser? :p

Groovy Granny
February 29th, 2016, 09:53 PM
I have a couple from WAHL clipper sets too; small black and gray handles :)
Those all black scissors are neat!

reilly0167
March 3rd, 2016, 03:42 PM
http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/reilly0167/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160303_100609_zpsafud69nf.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
My groovy Conair hair shears. Will be micro trimming soon.

MadHouseWitch
March 3rd, 2016, 05:51 PM
Those look FUN! love them <3

maborosi
March 3rd, 2016, 07:58 PM
I need to get some good scissors- I self-trim with a pair of my dad's haircutting scissors right now, but am wanting to get a pair of my own. :P

ThrowNormanAway
March 4th, 2016, 07:03 AM
About the rusty ones, of you still want to give em a shot you can use some rust remover from the hardware store, and then it'll polish right out. Then, take apart the blades and sharpen them (whet stone is best if you know how to use one). They'll be like new.

MadHouseWitch
March 4th, 2016, 10:31 AM
I'm sure we have some rust remover around here somewhere (Uncle does car work LOL) I did polish them a bit with some bar keepers friend
I wasn't worried about saving the blades since I had so many shears. So it was what I had on hand, did a pretty good job but some real rust remover would be good too

About the rusty ones, of you still want to give em a shot you can use some rust remover from the hardware store, and then it'll polish right out. Then, take apart the blades and sharpen them (whet stone is best if you know how to use one). They'll be like new.