PDA

View Full Version : Is it grey or is it a really really blonde hair?

Snowlily
February 28th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Hey folks,

I found a long very pale hair today - if the light catches it I see a golden tinge but it doesn't darken so much towards the end of the hair nor the root. It is the same texture as the rest of my hair but not sure whether it is a super light blonde or... ..is this a grey hair?

lapushka
February 28th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Hey folks,

I found a long very pale hair today - if the light catches it I see a golden tinge but it doesn't darken so much towards the end of the hair nor the root. It is the same texture as the rest of my hair but not sure whether it is a super light blonde or... ..is this a grey hair?

Did you include a picture? I can't see one, though... And does it matter if it's blonde or gray? ;)

spidermom
February 28th, 2016, 01:38 PM
It's whatever you want it to be.

SaraJayne
February 28th, 2016, 11:44 PM
I remember having exactly this panic when I was 16. I pulled out the hair along with a normal one, sellotaped them to a black notebook and examined them in detail. Sure enough, it was my first grey. It means nothing. I'm now 41 and still only have a sprinkling of random greys. Don't worry about it :)

vpatt
February 29th, 2016, 07:24 AM
:agree:

Yes!

fiğrildi
February 29th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Hey folks,

I agree with spidermom. If you decide it's a silver, congratulations! If you decide it's not, you'll have to wait a little more in order to celebrate ;)

Cg
February 29th, 2016, 10:14 AM
It's a natural highlight.

lapushka
February 29th, 2016, 10:34 AM
Yeah, and it also appears to be invisible - 'cause we can't see anything. :lol:

maborosi
February 29th, 2016, 10:58 AM

Best answer, hands-down

Wusel
February 29th, 2016, 12:13 PM
I have a very long (BSL), silver-white hair above my right ear. Just this single one. I have no idea how long it's there but I love it. Because it's so unique between all the black-brown ones. :D

Snowlily
February 29th, 2016, 03:23 PM
thanks for your replies peeps - I tried to photo it but it is really hard to get it in focus as it is on the top of my head so it didn't work at all well! ... and I am not going to pull it out coz of my history as a trichster! oh well - I'll consider it to be a natural highlight haha

Alex Lou
March 1st, 2016, 12:37 AM
I've had at least one colorless hair since I was 16. Perfectly white, almost transparent really. I haven't gone gray or anything since.

Anje
March 1st, 2016, 07:26 AM
Not really much practical difference, I think. It's a hair with virtually no melanin. Whether it's doing that because melanin in that follicle timed out or for some other reason is anybody's guess. (I've been finding hairs like that since I was 12 and I still don't have much gray. A few extra-sparkly hairs doesn't necessarily mean you're imminently going to gray out.)