PDA

View Full Version : 1a/b, 1b, 1b/c???

bunneh.
February 25th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Based on how much I knew my hair, I always thought I was in between 1b and 1c, but I decided to properly type my hair today and I clarified all my hair (scalp and the length) and haven't conditioned it at all. Then I let it air dry, took a bunch of pictures and was surprised by how much more complicated it is. Now I'm not sure what the most appropriate hair type would be. My hair has a mind of it's own... :lol:

lapushka
February 25th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Looks like 1b/c to me... maybe 1b. I'm not quite sure.

mermaiden_hair
February 25th, 2016, 03:55 PM
I believe it may be 1C. Your hair is straight but there are a few very light waves cascading throughout.

school of fish
February 25th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Oh I feel your pain! Your pin-straight underlayer looks like my pin-straight canopy, but my underlayer has been growing out with tight 2a S-waves for the past year and a half or so, so only the upper 8" or so are wavy! Those waves are so tenacious, yet the straight canopy veils them somewhat, so I end up looking like I flat-ironed my hair but didn't quite do a good enough job, haha!! ;)

To complicate matters further, the LHC hairtyping option on the sidebar doesn't allow for the '1a/2a' reality that is my hair, so I just listed it as 1a/1b because visually that's what it *looks* like to the world :) I'll see over time as those waves grow longer if I need to re-type as something closer to 1c or 2a... :)

I feel there's a fair bit of wiggle room with these typing designations anyway ;) They're somewhat subjective, open to interpretation, and sometimes kind of defy typing altogether, especially if you've got something like say '1c' AND '3a', with no '2' bridging in between - it does happen! :)

I'd suggest you call it by whatever texture seems to be most dominant - you know your hair best :)

antler_tines
February 25th, 2016, 04:30 PM
I have the exact opposite thing going on. My canopy hair is 1b/c and my under layer is 2b! It can't make up it's mind either.

velvet orchid
February 25th, 2016, 04:41 PM
I think everyone has a bit of differentiation throughout their hair, mine is a 1A underneath but closer to a 1C on the top, however as school of fish said the hair typing guide is a bit hard if you're different types are too far away from each other

lithostoic
February 25th, 2016, 06:34 PM
There's a definite difference from the upper and lower halves for sure. Top is 1b/1c and bottom looks 1a.

For reference, my hair is 1c. I can see some of the same wave pattern in yours.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AZpOM8GKqaQ/VsqwZWbv5BI/AAAAAAAABCk/M_784DVMaL4/w325-h577-no/20160222_013939_HDR.jpg

Dessi
February 25th, 2016, 09:04 PM
I would also say 1c. Whatever it is, it's beautiful! :)

MsPharaohMoan
February 25th, 2016, 10:11 PM
Honestly I think whatever wave I think I see in your canopy came from drying in that position (you can see the wavy sections looping around the wet clumps, I think the waves come from these loops). I also think the wave in your face framing layers come from those sections being rested on your shoulders.

I'd call it 1B, but my perspective might be off from having hair that gives the illusions of waves. Darn bendy hair.

bunneh.
February 26th, 2016, 02:14 AM
Thank you everyone, I'll go with 1b for now, I do have layers and it makes my hair look a lot different compared to when it's all the same length. And when I get a blunter hemline next year I'll check if it needs retyping. :)

Arctic
February 26th, 2016, 02:15 AM
It looks like you have some 1a, some 1b and some 1c sections/tendencies. What you'll call yourself is really up to you, but you will need to compromise a little. I for example call mine 1c/2a, but it's an avarage. I have everything from 1b to 2 b, and even some spiralling hairs. Maybe 1 b would be a good compromize for you?

ETA: Ah, we posted at the same time :o

henné
February 26th, 2016, 02:22 AM
Whatever it is, it's gorgeous!

Dona
February 26th, 2016, 06:22 AM
Yes I agree! Your hair looks a lot like mine when I just let it dry, however mine has a few more pronounced waves at the nape of the neck. I classify my hair as 1b/1c :).

Your hair looks very pretty, I love the colour.

FuzzyBlackWaves
February 26th, 2016, 06:38 AM
I'd say 1b, because it's slightly straighter than mine and most people type me as 2a/b.

Mirabele
February 26th, 2016, 11:15 AM
I am not an expert but your hair is gorgeous!

bunneh.
February 27th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Thank you everyone for compliments and help. :)