PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to grow from Waist Length to Classic in 1 year?

Mullsha
February 21st, 2016, 06:18 PM
I have been trimming back for awhile to try to add thickness to my hair. It's worked for the most part I have a least tripled the thickness of the ends. It's not a blunt cut but that's okay I'm more of trying to get rid of the bleach at this point. (Which I have been growing out for a year 8 months 3 weeks) Although this has been working I can feel myself beginning to get impatient sense me growth has now been cut in half by micro trimming. If classic length by December is a unlikely goal then I'll continue to microtrim, but if it's a possibility then I will stop trimming. Sense I trimmed today I was at mid booty now I'm only at mid booty if I stretch it out now.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/1e/d8/a0/1ed8a03c459d1dd486407f37d0501789.jpg
This was taken right before the new year, but it's my most recent photo. It's also still somewhat accurate. I've been here for a few years and I still struggle with the dryness of my hair I'm thinking about cutting out shampoo completely. My only issue with it is my hair at the top gets oily and thick. But my hair loves it so I'm not sure what to do.

spidermom
February 21st, 2016, 06:30 PM
Waist length? You're way past that already. I will guess that your hair is tailbone length, and yes, it is possible that it will be classic length by December even with micro-trimming.

lithostoic
February 21st, 2016, 06:31 PM
Depends. It'd be entirely possible for me but my hair has been growing about an inch a month. And I keep my ends well hydrated. With your length, you could definitely get there as long as you use moisturizing product on your ends.

Mullsha
February 21st, 2016, 06:37 PM
Oh POOP I meant Tailbone length!!!! Ugh trying to watch a youtube video while reading a book while writing an essay is not a smart idea. OOO this excites me! I would love nothing more then to be at classic length it feels like I have been stuck at Tailbone for months!

Wildcat Diva
February 21st, 2016, 06:53 PM
I came here to say No!, but now I see that I can say yes?

spidermom
February 21st, 2016, 07:02 PM
Tailbone is kind of a long area - a couple of inches at least. Of course you've been there for months.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 21st, 2016, 07:09 PM
There's a good chance you could reach Classic by the end of the year, with stretched hair, anyway.

Mullsha
February 21st, 2016, 07:09 PM
Yea Typos can be a problem for me. ^-^ (Wildcat Diva)

Mullsha
February 21st, 2016, 07:12 PM
(sarahlabryrinth) That would be awesome!! (My hair does grow fairly quickly) My bleach is already under my shoulders at 1 and 8 months and as far as I can tell I'm not slowing any.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 21st, 2016, 07:15 PM
The trick is, of course, keeping the growth you get, ie; preventing the ends from breaking off, and keeping the microtrims as small as you can make them :)

I also hope to reach Classic at the end of this year, fingers crossed :) What length is Classic on you? It's 44" on me (hair stretched).

Mullsha
February 21st, 2016, 07:21 PM
At 36 inches I believe it will have reached classic I am at 30 stretched out right now (I'm really short at a whopping 5'1) not stretched out I'm at about 26 inches. [Sarahlabyrinth]

Sarahlabyrinth
February 21st, 2016, 07:35 PM
At 36 inches I believe it will have reached classic I am at 30 stretched out right now (I'm really short at a whopping 5'1) not stretched out I'm at about 26 inches. [Sarahlabyrinth]

Wow. 36" was a smidgen past waist for me ;) The annoyances of being tall - having to grow so much longer to reach anywhere ;) I'm 5'10".

Mullsha
February 21st, 2016, 07:42 PM
Yes I guess it's one of the pros of being short. I'm hoping that being short will also raise my chances of floorlength hair. The woman in my family all hate long hair so they have never grown it past their waist! So I have no idea how long I can get it. Based on the pictures what would you say I could reach? [Sarahlabyrinth]

Sarahlabyrinth
February 21st, 2016, 07:50 PM
Yes I guess it's one of the pros of being short. I'm hoping that being short will also raise my chances of floorlength hair. The woman in my family all hate long hair so they have never grown it past their waist! So I have no idea how long I can get it. Based on the pictures what would you say I could reach? [Sarahlabyrinth]

Well, your hair is thick and... I don't see why you couldn't potentially reach the floor. Looks like you have good hair growing genes. I'm curious as to how long mine will get, too.

Do you know you can click on the "Reply with Quote" button at the bottom of someone's post and it will show that you are responding to that particular comment/person?:)

Mullsha
February 21st, 2016, 07:58 PM
Well, your hair is thick and... I don't see why you couldn't potentially reach the floor. Looks like you have good hair growing genes. I'm curious as to how long mine will get, too.

Do you know you can click on the "Reply with Quote" button at the bottom of someone's post and it will show that you are responding to that particular comment/person?:)

Yea but I'm always afraid it's to bulky or annoying for people to read through. (I tend to have irrational thoughts like that) I'm hoping that my genetics do not fail me. My hair is actually thinner that it seems. It's only about 6 inchs of thickness I believe Is that considered thick? I have always thought 8 inch was the ideal thickness for longer hair. (Also I'm sure my ponytail gets smaller when the curls are not overlapping probably loses about an inch.)

Sarahlabyrinth
February 21st, 2016, 08:25 PM
Yea but I'm always afraid it's to bulky or annoying for people to read through. (I tend to have irrational thoughts like that) I'm hoping that my genetics do not fail me. My hair is actually thinner that it seems. It's only about 6 inchs of thickness I believe Is that considered thick? I have always thought 8 inch was the ideal thickness for longer hair. (Also I'm sure my ponytail gets smaller when the curls are not overlapping probably loses about an inch.)

4" and above is considered thick ;)

HeartofHaleth
February 21st, 2016, 08:29 PM

Is this your ponytail circumference?

Mullsha
February 21st, 2016, 08:47 PM
Yes It's the best I could muster up with the tools I have. I used string tied it tightly against my hair pressed my fingernails hard against the string so no slipping would happen then measured it from there. I'll re measure just to make sure. Yep that's what I thought brushing it out made me lost a few inches and it went down to a little over 4 inches in circumference

HeartofHaleth
February 21st, 2016, 08:59 PM
Yes It's the best I could muster up with the tools I have. I used string tied it tightly against my hair pressed my fingernails hard against the string so no slipping would happen then measured it from there. I'll re measure just to make sure. Yep that's what I thought brushing it out made me lost a few inches and it went down to a little over 4 inches in circumference

Hmm...I would lean towards saying that it's a more accurate measurement when brushed out, because then you aren't measuring hairs twice because of curl, but what do I know! You're probably better off getting advice from someone who's been around longer!

Mullsha
February 21st, 2016, 09:02 PM
Hmm...I would lean towards saying that it's a more accurate measurement when brushed out, because then you aren't measuring hairs twice because of curl, but what do I know! You're probably better off getting advice from someone who's been around longer!

Nah everyone has advice to give! and yes I believe that 4 inches is much more accurate after measuring a few times more. Do you think it's enough for floor length?

Sarahlabyrinth
February 21st, 2016, 09:06 PM
I think so :)

Mullsha
February 21st, 2016, 09:14 PM
I did the math!! and my hair grows about 1.4 inches a month I have 10 months till December if I stay healthy and drink plenty of water and eat nutritious foods and not trim. I should get roughly about 14 inches?? I don't know I'm horrible with math can anyone conform this? Nevermind it's much to late for me to be doing math I have to sleep now.

HeartofHaleth
February 21st, 2016, 09:23 PM
I did the math!! and my hair grows about 1.4 inches a month I have 10 months till December if I stay healthy and drink plenty of water and eat nutritious foods and not trim. I should get roughly about 14 inches?? I don't know I'm horrible with math can anyone conform this? Nevermind it's much to late for me to be doing math I have to sleep now.

Yes! With the measurements you gave, that should be more than enough to reach classic stretched; probably unstretched too, but I don't know how much curl shrinkage you get.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 21st, 2016, 09:51 PM
Remember also that your hair may not grow at the same rate every month, some months will be good growth and some, perhaps less growth. Just sayin'. :) Time will tell.

Arctic
February 22nd, 2016, 02:24 AM
With over 4 inches, you are an iii.

About reaching the floor, it's maybe more important to have long enough terminal length than to have thick hair (although thick hair might help in a way that you can break/damage more hairs and still have enough to reach floor than otherwise similar hair and similar growth potential, but which would be thinner). You will see if you have the genes with time. Good luck!

Dark40
June 15th, 2019, 04:44 PM
I would growing from waist to classic can happen in a year. Depending on if you keep the ends moisturized.

flowerbabies
June 15th, 2019, 09:35 PM

Yup. You can do that. 10 months at 1.4 inches per month is indeed 14 inches 😁

zmirina
June 16th, 2019, 06:14 PM
I would growing from waist to classic can happen in a year. Depending on if you keep the ends moisturized.

idk, i'm pretty short, and waist to classic looks like two years of growth to me. a year to get through the small of back to the tailbone, and then another year to cover the butt

The-Young-Maid
June 16th, 2019, 06:27 PM
idk, i'm pretty short, and waist to classic looks like two years of growth to me. a year to get through the small of back to the tailbone, and then another year to cover the butt

I'm 5 ft (shorter than OP) and it's the same for me. Maybe if you're a child??? Since the average growth rate is 6in/year
Unless OP is measuring incorrectly/not the LHC way. My classic measurement is 40-42 inches. If I measure incorrectly (excluding my head *adds 6in*) So I just subtract 6.
So for most people, no it isn't possible to go from waist to classic. But tailbone to classic is definitely doable OP!

zmirina
June 16th, 2019, 06:29 PM
I'm 5 ft (shorter than OP) and it's the same for me. Maybe if you're a child??? Since the average growth rate is 6in/year
Unless OP is measuring incorrectly/not the LHC way. My classic measurement is 40-42 inches. If I measure incorrectly (excluding my head *adds 6in*) So I just subtract 6.
So for most people, no it isn't possible to go from waist to classic. But tailbone to classic is definitely doable OP!

it's been 3 years though... :D she would have definitely reached it by now

The-Young-Maid
June 16th, 2019, 06:30 PM
lol well I hope so! Wait who revived this thread?

Dark40
June 17th, 2019, 06:10 PM

i'm pretty short too. i also have a short torso as well. i also guess it depends on your hair growth rate. Mine grows pretty fast per month. I grow almost an inch per month.

lapushka
June 18th, 2019, 04:17 PM
lol well I hope so! Wait who revived this thread?

Easy to figure out. :) (hint: just look at the dates). :p