PDA

View Full Version : Brewer's Yeast and other stuff like that!

CreatureBailey
February 21st, 2016, 04:11 PM
So like...apparently when we are on supplements, like Brewer's Yeast, we have to go like..what? 3 months on, 3 months off, 3 months on, 3 months off..cause if you keep taking them after 3 months your body will get used to it and it won't work anymore...heeehh the 23rd it will be 3 months that I take 2 ''pills'' of Brewer's Yeast with 1 softgel of fish oil the morning, 2 pills of Brewer's Yeast with one of Biotin for lunch time, and the same thing as morning at night! :D

So...is it good? Is it 2 months on and off or 3?

Nique1202
February 21st, 2016, 04:15 PM
I always seem to be the party pooper on this subject but if you're deficient in something, you should be taking it all the time, not on and off. If you're not deficient in it, then you don't need to take the supplement at all because taking more than your body needs won't make anything work faster, it'll just get filtered out by your kidneys and liver and make its way into the toilet. There's no such thing as your body "getting used to" a supplement and it ceasing to work.

Robi-Bird
February 21st, 2016, 04:33 PM
I actually spoke to my doctor about this sort of thing. Her opinion was that as a rule if you are deficient, there are signs and in that situation you would get blood work done and otherwise it just isn't wise to be taking vitamins left and right. A single multivitamin is generally fine because most people do not have ideal diets but taking more than the set daily requirement, especially scores more, is just not wise.

CreatureBailey
February 22nd, 2016, 10:04 PM
Well it's just fish oil as if I was getting fish everyday. Omega 3 and stuff. Also I saw good reviews from Youtubers and such...mmh...

By the way I meant 2 months. 2 months on this routine, dunno how I typed 3 ahaha. Another month to go.

Actually I noticed my hair has started to actually grow some since I am on this routine. Back in Christmas could only say they were to my kidneys. Now it's approaching tailbone.

Maybe it's due to workout and better diet too.

lauren_alia
February 22nd, 2016, 10:13 PM
Well it's just fish oil as if I was getting fish everyday. Omega 3 and stuff. Also I saw good reviews from Youtubers and such...mmh...

You also mentioned brewer's yeast and biotin though, so it's not just fish oil right?

CreatureBailey
February 23rd, 2016, 06:26 PM
Yeah. So more B vitamin everyday. My hair is actually growing. I have another month to go...

Nique1202
February 24th, 2016, 04:10 AM
Yeah. So more B vitamin everyday. My hair is actually growing. I have another month to go...

Does your hair not grow at all without the supplements? Then you should talk to a doctor about vitamin deficiencies. Maybe they can even prescribe something that will give you what you're lacking in a more efficient, controlled, or cheaper way. Maybe they'll be able to find some other cause for the problem and fix it so you don't need supplements at all.

But, I suspect your hair does still grow when you're not taking the supplements, and all that's happening right now is that you're taking more notice of the growth. It's confirmation bias, and we all do it all the time.

The point we're trying to make is if you're using these things when you don't need them, or even just using more than your body needs to make up for a lack in your diet, then you're wasting time and money and energy. You deserve better than that.