PDA

View Full Version : Major haircut!

chantecler
February 21st, 2016, 02:23 PM
So, I've been debating this for a while, but after a show that was particularly taxing on my poor hair (foam rollers and almost WL hair do NOT go together well guys), I decided that I couldn't deal with the dammaged and full of splits part of my hair.
So... I cut it off. Like, just above my shoulders. And I have no regrets so far, it moves great, it's fun, it is a much needed change.
That means that I won't be hanging out here as much, except maybe in the hair meme thread (hilaaaarious) and the fitness in 2016 one, but I thoroughly enjoyed my time here, and the fantastic community. I still love long hair and I haven't abandonned all hope of getting to classic some day, hoping that it will go a bit faster with better treated hair. I'll keep using all that I've learned to have the most fabulous bob for now.

So, I'll be back, be it in a few months or a few years, and I wish to all of you luck and happiness, with your hair and in life :)

http://i.imgur.com/KrMFmni.jpg?1

lapushka
February 21st, 2016, 02:35 PM
You can hang out here fine, even with shorter hair (check out the shorties thread). This site is about more than long hair; it's about healthy hair in general.

I'm sad to see all that length go, not gonna lie. But as someone who cut back a tad to classic recently because that is my most manageable length and I can't stand more - I get it. I get that urge to chop it all off. I trimmed instead (thankfully).

The most important thing is: you don't regret it!
Enjoy your new "do". :thumbsup:

It looks really cute! :D

Anje
February 21st, 2016, 02:53 PM
We don't kick people out for deciding to go short. I'm glad you're enjoying your hair; that's the mane thing.

Cg
February 21st, 2016, 03:03 PM
Healthy hair is beautiful hair. Yours is still beautiful.

spidermom
February 21st, 2016, 03:05 PM
Wow - I like that style on you a lot. A whole lot.

spirals
February 21st, 2016, 03:08 PM
We don't kick people out for deciding to go short. I'm glad you're enjoying your hair; that's the mane thing.
I see what you did there. :D BTW, still liking my Caruso rollers. I have to say I have a different experience than chantecler, though--foam rollers are easier for me to get out. One of the Caruso got stuck the other day, pretty badly. But that was user error. Anyway, chantecler, now you get to grow out from nice, fresh ends.

nalgena
February 21st, 2016, 03:15 PM
Did foam rollers really damage your hair that much :eek:?
I like your new cut, it suits your face and hair looks healthy.

papayatree
February 21st, 2016, 03:19 PM

Looks like we have a punny person here! Healthy hair is happy hair here, it doesn't matter what length it is as long as it is healthy.

chantecler
February 21st, 2016, 04:09 PM
Thanks to everyone! I know I'm not kicked out for not having long hair, but since I don't plan on growing it out for at least a few months, I just won't be hanging out here too much.
Also, Anje, that is an excellent use of that pun ;)
Spirals and Nalgena, oh my god, foam rollers just kept getting stuck in my hair and caused so much breakage! but to be fair, that part of my hair was already weakened, and I don't use cones. To make it through the series of shows I actually had to switch back to cones, otherwise detangling would have been a nightmare, even though I really prefer my hair without them.

SaucyWench
February 21st, 2016, 04:22 PM
As someone that cut 26" off in December, I understand, completely, of how you now feel!

I cut mine to waist-length (it was just below my knees). But, it is still a HUGE difference, to me.

Enjoy your new look!

I'd cut back my time here on LHC, prior to my cut. I felt I was spending too much time on-line (all the while complaining, to family and friends, about how too many people do just that!). So, now, it's just a quick look and sometimes posting. I have become more committed to real-life happenings in my world. Still, LHC is a fun mini-break, once in awhile.

spirals
February 21st, 2016, 04:31 PM
Spirals and Nalgena, oh my god, foam rollers just kept getting stuck in my hair
I just realized yours probably had the plastic fasteners still attached. I take those out and put the sponges inside knee-high stockings. I tie them up like rag rollers. So if one gets stuck I can carefully slide the roller out. When I used the plastic bits they would get stuck frequently. That is terribly damaging. One time I had to cut one out.

lapis_lazuli
February 21st, 2016, 04:37 PM
I'm glad you're happy with your new cut! Please hang around :) Best of luck to you :flowers:

AJNinami
February 21st, 2016, 05:06 PM
You look amazing! I'm so glad you're happy with your hair now, and I'm sure it's much healthier! I hope we'll still see you around. :flower:

chantecler
February 21st, 2016, 05:31 PM
Spirals, that's really clever! I might have to do that if I ever need to use them in the future ;)

Thanks everyone, my hair does feel very nice and healthy right now, not a single split in sight, so when I grow it out again it'll be easier and I won't have to maintain around BSL to get rid of dammage for so long.

spidermom
February 21st, 2016, 05:39 PM
Foam curlers seem to have the ability to suck moisture out of my hair. I only use them when I plan to get the ends trimmed.

Shelley48
February 21st, 2016, 07:15 PM
One really good thing about having hair that length is that it doesn't tangle as easily as your previous length! I think my hair right now is around the same length or so as yours was previously - and I've thought about cutting it just so I can forget about removing painful tangles. Enjoy your new freedom from long hair! That's how I would look at it anyway, haha! :)

And, remember: "we are more than our hair" - some advice I really need to take more often... lol